Author Topic: Pre-90 for Heaven VMX - It's time to act  (Read 14666 times)

Offline Hardo

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-90 for Heaven VMX - It's time to act
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2014, 07:48:12 pm »
Yes this is a very positive way forward into the future for our great club.

Again well done to Kenneth Swan for all the tireless effort and hard work he has put into this initiative.

Yes Ted - it will be interesting to see... but something that will be difficult to guage.
Don't forget - there are a lot of us in Heaven that already have a Pre-90 MX bike !!   :D

« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 08:47:54 pm by Hardo »

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2014, 08:43:21 pm »
When VERi got an almost unanimous vote to remain Pre-85, it seemed obvious that a club with an established Pre-85 agenda would have a majority of members who wanted it to remain Pre-85.
That HEAVEN (as an established Pre-85 club) had a very strong vote for change, says that the change was well overdue.

Maybe, but as Ken said, holding the vote at Lakes didn't hurt its chances either.

Dave, I know lots of Heaven guys have Pre 90 bikes. In fact wasn't the first bike you built for Heaven Pre 85 such a bike. Wish you still had it ;D
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Hardo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2014, 08:53:39 pm »
haha.. yeah I had that same chat with Justin W. yesterday Ted....   :P

The fact that the Pre-90 guys are thinking about older bikes as well is a sure sign for the club!  ;D

Offline Kenneth S (222)

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Sydney, Australia
    • View Profile
    • 24 Hour T-shirts
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2014, 10:46:32 am »
This whole exercise, was a healthy example of how a democratic process can be conducted to ascertain the wishes of the club members, and will hopefully be a great move for the club.

The decision to time the vote at The Lakes was for a couple of reasons. To give me as much time as I could to get around to as many members as I could, including the Gloucester Vinduro, on Sunday the week prior, to state my case for this change, where I received strong support from most of those I spoke to, and for the vote to take place at a venue which was close to the majority of the members, to make it as accessible as possible for the majority, 'for' and 'against', and at an event which traditionally has high numbers.

While I have obviously been 'for' this motion, it was important as many club members as possible voted, so the final vote tally was a true reflection of what the members wanted. There was no point in this being voted up, if it truly wasn't what the true majority wanted. In the weeks leading up to the vote, the vote was promoted on this forum, on the Heaven VMX Facebook Page, on the Heaven VMX website, to the point of harassment, and in multiple emails to the whole Heaven VMX member list, to ensure no member, 'for' or 'against', was not aware of it. It seems from the roll up, there was a good cross section of the members who attended.

I would also like to make this very important point.

This result was from the votes of regular Heaven VMX members. There are a number of Pre-90 riders, at least 20 or more, who are not current Heaven members, and wanted this vote to be positive so they could ride with us. Knowing for some time that this vote was in the wind, they had the option to join our club and heavily influence the outcome. They collectively chose not to do this, as they felt that the right thing to do was to leave the decision to the existing members. I found this admirable, these are the kinds of people, with this sort of integrity, I am happy we are now able to welcome into our club.

I look forward to 2015, a new era in Heaven VMX's rich history.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 02:51:39 pm by KJS222 »
Kenneth S
Go For It

Heaven VMX Club - Racing No 222 - 79 CR250RZ - 84 CR250RE (Steam Train) - 89 CR250RK

Race Bike History
76 RM125A, 77 RM125B, 78 RM125C, RM400C, 79 CR250RZ, 80 YZ250G, 81 RM465X, 82-83 RM490 Frank Pons Special(Beetle's 81 Race Bike)

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2014, 11:05:23 am »

I would also like to make this very important point.

This result was from the votes of regular Heaven VMX members. There are a number of Pre-90 riders, at least 20 or more, who are not current Heaven members, and wanted this vote to be positive so they could ride with us. Knowing for some time that I was working on this, they had the option to join our club and heavily influence the outcome. They collectively chose not to do this, as they felt that the right thing to do was to leave the decision to the existing members. If you ask me, these are the kinds of people, with this sort of integrity, I am happy to welcome into our club.

Well said and well done Kenneth.

As the secretary of Northern Districts MCC and also as a long time HEAVEN member and advocator of the inclusion of Pre '90, can I just say how happy I am to see the club finally make this step.

I did not take part in the vote partially for the reasons that Kenneth mentioned above. I wanted to see how the majority of active members wanted the club to progress. It is those that regularly support the clubs events who should ultimately have the say. I think with the amount of votes received this looks to have occurred.

So now I look forward to HEAVEN getting stronger with an influx of not only our 20 or so regular competitors but also many who have not competed until now. I also have a database of about another 50 riders who have ridden Pre '90 with us over the last three years and are currently not regular competitors with either Norths or HEAVEN.

The future looks good  ;D

Cheers
Shaun

Offline Butcher

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2014, 07:21:06 pm »
does this mean that vinduros are now pre 90

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2014, 07:50:45 pm »

I sure hope so. Unlike in the past, there's nothing stopping them being pre-90 now.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline ozktm151

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2014, 08:03:40 pm »
Anybody know where I can find a pre 90 body to go with my pre 90 bike

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2014, 10:11:31 pm »
You're not trying to tell us that your body was built after 1989, are you Bill?
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2014, 11:19:40 pm »

This is an interesting question.

As Vinduro doesn't exist in the MOMS, unless a club has something in their constitution a promoter/club could run what they want too.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2014, 09:56:13 am »
Until now, Heaven couldn't easily run events for Post-1984 bikes, because the Heaven constitution specified Pre-85 only.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought any club can run any class they want - the MoMS classes are only set in stone for National level events?

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2014, 04:10:08 pm »

This is an interesting question.

As Vinduro doesn't exist in the MOMS, unless a club has something in their constitution a promoter/club could run what they want too.

I am led to believe it will be in the MoMS next year.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2014, 04:36:51 pm »
And correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought any club can run any class they want - the MoMS classes are only set in stone for National level events?

??
Depends what your Club Constitution and membership decider is, though all members votes at a meeting are the equal opportunity answer.  :)
Best is in the West !!

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2014, 04:42:05 pm »

Kenneth Swan told me if Pre 90 gets over the line at Heaven, which it did, all Heaven Vinduro's will be Pre 90.

Offline Justin#53

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2014, 05:09:44 pm »
Hey Ted, that means you can legally ride your it200 now.
RM 250B. RM 125t.  XR 500  82. CR 250re. KDX 200 A2