Author Topic: FORD WINS BATHURST !  (Read 12324 times)

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: FORD WINS BATHURST !
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2014, 08:38:14 am »
Did they find Vangigsbergan hanging in a tree anywhere?
Thats what you call bad luck and driver ERROR!

It was great to see and hear young Mosterts victory speach without all the thanking of sponsers and name dropping just the YEEHA etc.
I fear we will not see this again as he will undoubtedly be put through a coaching clinic for victory speaches.  :( ::)
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2014, 09:47:55 am »
Whincup started 3rd last (not last), Mostert started last.  Great drive for Whincup from the back and to be leading after making the mistakes he made was fantastic.  He should have listened to the radio and slowed down.  The team was right and he ran out with half a lap to go.

Lowndes was very unlucky and didn't punt Winterbottom off on purpose.  Mostert won despite having Morris as a co-driver.

There were a lot of drivers that were unlucky and some that made stupid mistakes.  Steve Johnson is a candid for that, leading the race and he puts it into the wall.

It will be interesting to have Ambrose back, but how long will Penske/DJR stay with FORD.

Yes FORD won but they only have to win ten more to equal Holden.   
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 09:56:46 am by KTM47 »
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2014, 10:24:23 am »
Datsun ?
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2014, 10:36:28 am »
Arrr now for Motorcycles back to Batharse at Easter................. 8)

37 Litres per 100K .... no wonder they run out of the sugar syrup stuff they call fuel :o
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 10:41:49 am by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2014, 11:06:23 am »

Mostert won despite having Morris as a co-driver.

;D spot on !

There were a lot of drivers that were unlucky and some that made stupid mistakes.  Steve Johnson is a candid for that, leading the race and he puts it into the wall.

It was reported in the telecast that the 17 spin was caused by a transaxle failure and not driver error.

Great result for a young Moffat too after what their car went through during the race.

Buying kdx air cooled drum brake unitrak bikes and parts

Offline bishboy

• Legend
  • Toowoomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2014, 11:23:45 am »
I can't be bothered supporting a car manufacturer anymore as they're all basically the same with slightly different engines, I prefer to support certain drivers and have a healthy disdain for certain others  ;D

I think the safety car was nearly classified as a finisher yesterday, it got a bit much  >:(

Offline Viper79

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2014, 11:39:08 am »
If you had a look at the one that was upside down on turn two the only thing that resembles a Holden or Ford is the outside skin of the body.  Like a slot car!!
QA50 KO, XR75 K5 Race bike from VMBA days, XR400R1, CRF450R3, RM400T, DR650SE with off road adventure mods, MX360A, YZ400D, YZ465H, IT250H, 1985 Jawa 897 Slider, 2016 Jawa/GM Slider

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2014, 12:14:49 pm »
Since inception the V8's have been pretty much same same under the body work.It got away from complex parity formula's the old Group A/C cars had where there was just constant bitching and lobbying until a manufacturer got their own way. Plenty of teams had starter motor drama's but you had to feel for Van Gisbergen, they had it shot to bits at that point. Lowndes was unlucky but the rules are clear if you turn someone around you get the drive through.
Lap times down and corner speeds up around 10kmph for most corners, you could hear the tyre chatter and understeer on the telecast.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2014, 01:12:31 pm »
Good to see Lowndes come out and publicaly apologise to Frosty for the incident.
It was great to see Stevey Johnson leading the race, even for a short time. Dam shame he came unstuck due to a driveline lockup. That one was out of his control unfortunately. DJR could do with some luck.
As for the future I no doubt suspect Ford will perhaps convert to the Mustang at some point and Holden??? perhaps a Camaro. It's great to see variety in the pack but without a Holden/Ford component to the mix the V8 supercar will die and so will the numbers of supporters.
Let's face it some dirt bikes were never meant to be ridden.

Offline bishboy

• Legend
  • Toowoomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2014, 01:53:51 pm »
Good to see Lowndes come out and publicaly apologise to Frosty for the incident.

Something Winterbottom would never do...

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2014, 02:10:48 pm »
Like most stuff on TV, or in the media for that matter, we were just tagged along for the ride.
Stand back and take a hard look, if Holden wins "again", Ford runs off and hides-takes their ball and goes home.
Great to see Volvo and even Nissan having a good go. Not too sure about Mercedes, pretty sure they could do better if they wanted to.
So don't try to tell me Holden's No1 man couldn't or didn't hear his radio calls, that'd be absolute crap!! For all of the reasons mentioned above. ;)

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2014, 02:12:05 pm »

As for the future I no doubt suspect Ford will perhaps convert to the Mustang at some point and Holden??? perhaps a Camaro. It's great to see variety in the pack but without a Holden/Ford component to the mix the V8 supercar will die and so will the numbers of supporters.

And the Dodge Challenger  :-)
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2014, 02:20:01 pm »
Last Camaro I saw at Bathurst was on it's roof.

Offline allan hughes

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2014, 03:28:27 pm »

Mostert won despite having Morris as a co-driver.

why do you say this. do you know him at all.

[/quote]

albrid-3

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2014, 05:12:04 pm »
Mustangs will be on the grid next year