Author Topic: The 2014 Beaufort Vinduro, Nov 8-9  (Read 35905 times)

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: The 2014 Beaufort Vinduro, Nov 8-9
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2014, 11:27:20 am »
Its OK Steve, the seat and handlebars can be raised or lowered to suit. Its a VERi versatile vinduro mount.
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline The Wombat

• B-Grade
  • I think I can I think I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2014, 03:57:40 pm »
Who's lending me a bike if i come down?

Well, if you weren't keen on the BMW I have this for you. This was a co-operative project with GMC.....he said he was the KDX expert so I gave him a big pile of KDX parts and....this is what I got back! I think I like it better  than a KDX, but not sure how he got to this? Anyways, don't say we aren't trying to help! 8)

I can see what happened here, The KDX was re-assembled and accidently thrown in the oven with a Twistie packet  ;D

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2014, 04:55:05 pm »
enough merriment! can I ride a non regoed bike on the Saturday??? is the grasstrack on PP?? I might bring the mighty 510 down for a blast (demonstration lap)

Offline johnmcc

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2014, 06:12:19 pm »
Geez , if you let Frank loose on the 510 , I might feel right at home , after he's done a couple of laps your grasstrack it will look more like Romsey than single track (you have seen his footage of Echuca haven't you??? I think he misplaced the brake pedal , every second corner....)

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2014, 09:21:37 pm »
I think you will have to lower it for me its to tall!

My daughter has agreed to lend you her PW50. It's a flow-on model so no problem there, just needs a lighting kit sorted before then.

She did say that, "If he breaks it, he buys it."

Tex

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2014, 08:20:03 am »
I can provide a track widening service ;D

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2014, 10:57:44 am »
enough merriment! can I ride a non regoed bike on the Saturday??? is the grasstrack on PP?? I might bring the mighty 510 down for a blast (demonstration lap)

There will be a limited number of MA day lics available for Saturday. If you are already entered in the Vinduro then you only need to purchase the day lic. If you only want to only ride the practice track then the usual fees apply - entry, day membership, day lic. Bikes must still be pre85 though.

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2014, 04:05:06 pm »
There will be a limited number of MA day lics available for Saturday. If you are already entered in the Vinduro then you only need to purchase the day lic. If you only want to only ride the practice track then the usual fees apply - entry, day membership, day lic. Bikes must still be pre85 though.

What he said... MA Permit 04195.

This would apply for Saturday's practice track situated on private property only. If you had a yearly rec (or race) licence then I s'pose you wouldn't need the 1 day version.

Tex

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2014, 07:32:03 pm »
a club reg bike is ok tho if you are entered.... the 510 is now plated!

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2014, 08:41:25 am »
a club reg bike is ok tho if you are entered.... the 510 is now plated!

Absolutely. Sounds like you are sorted!

Tex

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2014, 09:02:17 am »
just need an oil change, two new boots, handlebars and a camchain.....notmuchtoodo

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2014, 11:13:35 pm »
just need an oil change, two new boots, handlebars and a camchain.....notmuchtoodo

Pffffttt! Preparation is overrated.  8)

Tex

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2014, 09:17:04 am »
Check out these shots, taken by Club Sec Drakie a couple of days ago while setting out the course. This is gonna be epic!

More pics on the VERi website.

Tex

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2014, 04:46:55 pm »
The excitement is building!

The event layout is shaping up nicely and from the looks of the terrain it will suit everything from the big bore blasters to the kamikazi tiddlers! Visit the VERi website for some pics and event details, including an accommodation guide.

Course update: Some changes have been made to the lay out of Sunday’s course. See details below.

Section 1 (The pines): 60 kms
Section 2 (Open cruising): 38 kms
Section 3 (Flow and twist): 30 kms
Section 4: (Transport): 5 kms

That’s a total of approximately 133 kms. There’ll be a fuel dump located after Section 1. You don’t have to do all of the sections, for example you can do a lap of Section 1, and then ride back to the starting area.

Sunday catering for breakfast and lunch will be provided by the Raglan Hall & Recreation Reserve Committee.

Remember that pre85 rec-reg bikes are eligible to participate too.

Now that the rides structure is defined, you can get stuck into your prep (last minute dieting, a couple of push-ups, clearing the ants nesting in your helmet from after the last ride), decide which bike to take and some maintenance, where you'll stay, anticipating how many cans of refreshment for Saturday night will be needed......all the big issues!

Please consider pre-entering - it wll make it easier for the club to get organised - or at least have correct monies and completed entry forms (downloaded from the VERi website) to bring with you on the day. Don't forget to pack in your membership card too!

This Vinduro is offering GREAT value with LOTS of riding so come along and enjoy the last big VERi ride event for this season.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2014, 05:56:14 pm »
is there a spot for a "Gathering of the Clans" on Saturday nite or is it a bit spread out for that??