Author Topic: The 2014 Beaufort Vinduro, Nov 8-9  (Read 35609 times)

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: The 2014 Beaufort Vinduro, Nov 8-9
« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2014, 09:27:36 pm »
Geoff was stressed out wondering if his muffler would get the yzinger past the noise test..

Not as stressed out as my mate the customer, who then almost lost the thing before he'd completed Section 1!

So many happy punters, I am proud to have played a part in running this really unique vinduro. There was a great atmosphere in the pub on Saturday night, and everyone I met out on the course was having a ball.

Look out for the Beaufort Tour of The Pyrenees Mk 2 next year.

Champion effort from all the riders from NSW, ACT & SA who made the journey too I must say.

Tex
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 09:29:49 pm by Tex »

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2014, 10:25:13 pm »
I had a ball got there 5:30 Saturday arvo had beers with blokes id never met but felt like id known my whole life in front of a good fire as it was freezing 32deg'c one minute 10deg'c the next then got up Sunday morning temp was a perfect 19deg'c for riding a bit dusty (mentally) even before throwing a leg over the bike and had one of the best rides you could have , a bit of dust out on the trail but wait 30 seconds between bikes and it was gone or stick up each others arses and race for a bit those that sat on the fence this year should book this one in for next year( i still want to be at least bike 5 on the grid again though) , well done VERi another well run event.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 10:57:53 pm by mavman4200p »
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2014, 07:53:06 am »
I got chatting to a local (waterloo) who raced maico's back in the day, he was veri excited (get it?) and was keen to know if there was some way of letting locals know the event was on. He saw the arrows and sussed some thing was happening.
He was just a bit concerned that he may have been moving sheep or something like that. I pointed out the Veri website for him to stay in touch. He still has one of the maicos...with an XL 500 motor in it :-[

A great ride and superb country. Great shots by Geoff, I sat up on top of the Pines and had a few snakes and checked out the panorama.

some arrow drama but everyone was cool and we hunted around like dogs that have missed the rabbit till we found the red dot and off we all went...almost a tradition now. :)

I had a tough time in the tight piney up hill section on the 510...it has an auto pilot setting I cant switch off..it just goes where it wants to then and the clutch lever came loose and then i stalled it :o it started in 3 kicks which was a blessing cause I was a spent force.

The sharp downhill caught a few out and into the rut we went like a freight train but fortunately we all bounced out the other end without carnage.

Sections 2 and3 were a nice cruise up and down the ridges with too many whippy sticks on the knuckles (must get bark busters for that camel) and some high speed roos which were a bit close for comfort.

a great track and a big thank you to the VERI team, HVA and the beafort /Raglan locals for supporting the event.

the Parc Ferme was a great sight sunday morning

I took a cooks tour on the way home via the Chute Lexton back road and there was Tex in the middle of know where getting his scooter of the trailer for a ride!

Planning Next years track??

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2014, 09:40:10 am »
2000 + Km round trip , "Road trip with my Buddy Steve ," The 5th trip at over 2000km this year"

Friday Nite

Good digs to stay in at the pub

Good food and beer at the pub

Great ride on Saturday for course setting

Sat. nite

Good digs to stay in at the pub

Good food and beer at the pub

In the parc. Sunday morning with 60 + registered vintage enduro bikes. That's a fabulous site and thanks to our members for supporting the club.

Riding on Sunday with the Wild bunch (Steve and Dave) , the event consisted of a course with three sections with a total distance of approx. 120km.

Fabulous fast trails and scenery , including a cracker of an uphill section in the pine forest that felt like it went for ever and had you yelling for more

Great week - end

On club rego , full rego  or rec . for the cost of the entry its "Priceless".

You want the old time enduro feel on long quality trails  "Go VERi " we will take you all the way there.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 10:29:01 am by HVA61 »
Autos are the way forward , see you round like a robot
Take the short cut, go Cross Country
The shortest distance between two points is Cross Country
CCM's and HL's bark like mad dogs

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 10, 2014, 10:28:26 am »
I got chatting to a local (waterloo) who raced maico's back in the day, he was veri excited (get it?) and was keen to know if there was some way of letting locals know the event was on.

He mustn't get out much! It was advertised in several local papers, there were articles in 2 of those papers leading up to it, community info website, local motorbike club's facebook page, poster in window of Beaufort newsagent, lots of locals talking it up... Thanks for directing him to the site. We're gonna look at ways of getting even more local participants in 2015.

I took a cooks tour on the way home via the Chute Lexton back road and there was Tex in the middle of know where getting his scooter of the trailer for a ride!

Planning Next years track??

Nah, I'd just finished taking down the arrows from Section 2 of this year's track!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A big thank you is due to all the volunteers who helped make this first event such a success - Kristin, Sean, Barb, Poppy, Rachelle, Colin, Geoff, Bruce, Michael, Peter, John, Mike and anyone else I've forgotten. Special mention must go to Drakie who did a lot of legwork getting this event up and running, and spent many hours mapping and arrowing.

Thanks also to the local people who made us so welcome, including the RRR committee and everyone at the Golden Age pub.

And not forgetting our generous sponsors - Engineered Environments and Discount Motorcycle Wreckers.

By the way I found a green battery on Section 2 while sweep riding. If it's yours and you want it back send me a PM.

Tex
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 11:34:28 pm by Tex »

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2014, 01:36:25 pm »

He mustn't get out much! It was advertised in several local papers, there were articles in 2 of those papers leading up to it, community info website, local motorbike club's facebook page, poster in window of Beaufort newsagent, lots of locals talking it up... Thanks for directing him to the site. We're gonna look at ways of getting even more local participants in 2015.

Hey, he was a maico rider....course he didn't get out much.... ;D ;D :D

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 10, 2014, 11:40:15 pm »
There are a few dodgy mobile phone camera pics under Breaking News on the VERi website, a few of which I've reproduced below. Some good ones on the VERi Facebook page too.

Rider #2 looks to the start, while #3 & #4 look for lost change

Local riders Phil & Pat from Moyston treat onlookers to a display of synchronised bike pushing

KDX riders Geoff & Mark were impressed with the views from Ben Major

A handful of guys completed two laps of the course, like this XR500 rider

Tex
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 11:42:11 pm by Tex »

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2014, 10:57:47 pm »
Just added some photo's to the club website.
Action shots by GMC
Parc Ferme shots by 80-85 Husky

http://www.verivinduro.com.au/79/beaufort-2014/
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2014, 11:29:31 pm »
I slightly (the camera plays tricks) look like I know what im doing on the suzi ts , leg out for the corner looking in the rigfht direction and they say the camera puts on 10 pounds you must've ppaid attention in the photograghy class at school , good work great photos , that hill looks less steep on camera. I have a new desktop photo cheers bloke
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 11:39:54 pm by mavman4200p »
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2014, 11:37:17 pm »
 Some Great Photo

Well worth a Look ..

A top shot of the Bike in the Air 

have a Look

http://www.verivinduro.com.au/inc/slideshow/8990be9540ae6ec765910d8c3bf6fdcf-large.jpg

A lot more  Have a Look

http://www.verivinduro.com.au/79/beaufort-2014/

I am going to have to go Next year looks Like Too Much Fun

« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 11:44:01 pm by oz555ktm »
And Please forgive me as I cant Spell for Shit ...
And I have very Bad Gramer ...too I been told ......

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 14, 2014, 10:18:42 am »
There are some great shots there, thanks GMC & 80-85 husky. Those hill shots are near a spot that Drakie & I removed from the course on Friday afternoon, as we deemed it too hard. Possible 'rooster' and 'chicken' routes in 2015...  8)

Tex

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 14, 2014, 02:40:25 pm »
The Hill: chuck it in next year, every one  will have a crack! If at first you don't succeed..... go round the easy way ;)

great shots guys, I see the headlight works on the 510... I thought the bulb had gone.??...

I like the "in air" shot, new screensaver I rekon, summed up the ride nicely.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 14, 2014, 04:04:15 pm »
That "air shot" is awesome. Looks like some great single track through the pines.
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 15, 2014, 12:54:16 pm »
Noooooooo :o he said it not me!

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 15, 2014, 04:03:38 pm »
It wasn't a single lane track it was an overgrown logging track