Author Topic: Adults on mini bikes. Bad news.  (Read 8351 times)

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
Adults on mini bikes. Bad news.
« on: October 06, 2014, 05:09:24 pm »
How many of you have ridden mini bikes and its all gone wrong. 
Yesterday here at the world mini bike challenge at Harrisville I thought I'd race my sons RM65, big mistake should have known better, while lining up against my elder son on his RM85 I got the hole shot, I might have jumped the gun a little (2 seconds) any way led for a lap on the new flat track and then it all went horribly wrong when the rear tried passing the front, probably 4 gear flat sideways went one way then the other, I thought I'd saved it then slap on the ground, I could hear my young fella behind me but could not see him in the dust then wack he got me he ran me over, he went over the bars and we were both lying in heap on the ground, he came out of it ok thankfully I ended up with a knee 3 times the size it should be and a bit of skin off my elbow and knee and bruised ribs, at least the other 10 or 15 people here got a laugh.....

So who else has done a dump thing on there kids bike which you shouldn't be riding in the first place.
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

oldfart

Re: Adults on mini bikes. Bad news.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 05:32:16 pm »
Popeye, you have been riding side cars too long mate and thought you had a bloody passenger on board.
Mini Bikes I have always stayed clear of them for the fear of what you have just experienced .....see you in a couple of weeks   

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 06:34:50 pm »
you only have to look on utube "fail army" to realise minibikes + adults is a huuuuge laugh factor for everyone watching. you have been told....

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 07:00:04 pm »
Never ridden a minibike in anger since I stopped racing them,  too big and asking for trouble..
Just look what happened to Jeffrey Herlings this year, cost him a certain world title!

Offline g465b

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 07:23:57 pm »
even in 1971,those evil people at arctic cat were advertising to adults ,on how to hurt themselves
[/URL][/img]

Offline mudguard

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 07:44:59 pm »
When my son was Eight, I thought he was ready for his first 2 wheeler, previously had a 50cc quad. So like Popeye, thought a 2 stroke 65cc was a good start. Found a KX65 for sale so went to inspect, test ride before purchase. As I was racing 250cc 2 strokes at the time I thought this little thing would be tame as. Well from that test ride I give the little mx bikes some respect. The bloody thing was a little rocket, when I hit 3rd gear on the gas it just lifted the front wheel vertical, Arms & legs everywhere and I was spat on the ground, all in front of the owner and my son.
No damage to the bike but a few scratches & bruises to me, I felt I should buy it anyway. Must have scarred my son as he was never keen to ride it, so sold it about 6 months later.
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 07:52:51 pm »
It's amazing how much punch the little mx bikes have I have ridden kx65 80 ktm50 etc all potent little bikes don't do much down low but when you get them on the pipe look out it is easy to get your weight in all the wrong spots too like over the back wheel I haven't ridden one for a few years now safer on big bores.

1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 08:02:48 pm »
As a kid, back when we had flogged out SL70s and Z50s and the occasional KD80, a mate's dad rebuilt a CR80 for another friend. Of course, everyone had a go...
It was funny, really - all the adults came back talking about how they couldn't keep the front wheel on the ground - this was because they had to plant their arse on the back of the seat, and totally ruin the weight distribution.
One of the other kids and myself were the right size for it, and had no such problems...

That said, I recall watching Pete Marmont riding a young Jay's KX60. On tar, with Pete sitting on the seat-tank junction, it would both lift the front wheel and spin the rear. I haven't laid eyes on Pete in narly 20 years, but he was not a small man at the time.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Simo63

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 08:07:12 pm »
Aside from racing my 83 RM80 at the last two Conondale Classics and running 2nd in the 2013 mini bike world nationals at Yackandandah, I love the minis

Although a 65 might have been a bit too mini for you Popeye :). Hope you heal soon mate ;)

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 08:43:28 pm »
Around my area is a very polar area for weekend road riders as its all hills and corners in the hinterland but yesterday I did a double take . Coming up Eudlo hill toward me was around 5 or 6 honda minitrails with adults in full face helmets and leather jackets  hunched over wringing the last few ponies from them.
 Thats a sight you dont see too often except maybe at the circus

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 08:45:41 pm »
The last few poines or the first few?  :D
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2014, 09:05:46 pm »
Some funny stories in there guys, yep I will heel Craig, and my young fella says he might have fixed my back as that's about the only bit that doesn't hurt....  Bloody mini bikes...

Nathan could you give me a Txt about the stuff you want picked up.  Thx
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2014, 10:21:03 pm »
check out the EBT forum "Echuca Vinduro pics" in there is "johnny"...on his xr 80, 2 spares were in the ute and he bought one to take home.

look at the pics, he was hummin....for an xr 80.... :P

Offline Branchy

• B-Grade
  • husky 400 cross
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2014, 06:47:47 am »
i can wheelie a xr75 in a full circle dragging my feet ,,, several times 8)
maybe a trip to gloucester for those boy'z really know how to throw a party ps dont mention dungog (must be some old footy rivalry)

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2014, 10:58:35 am »
That's why they are called mini bikes. The initial design concept is for them to be ridden by mini people.

I certainly don't care either way but you do hear of some very unnecessary accidents and unfortunate injuries resulting from adults riding mini bikes
Autos are the way forward , see you round like a robot
Take the short cut, go Cross Country
The shortest distance between two points is Cross Country
CCM's and HL's bark like mad dogs