Author Topic: So…..Why are you NOT racing???  (Read 76056 times)

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
Re: So…..Why are you NOT racing???
« Reply #135 on: September 25, 2014, 02:56:53 pm »
That the problem with the younger generations.....

Nothing thought out, researched or constructive has ever followed a sweeping generalization like that so I'll give it no merit at all.
So you wont take any advice anyway as, like you said, you might just actually know it all

You're using sweeping generalisations, being non constructive and bringing negativity to an otherwise very informative, useful thread. Please, I'm sure you're of an age and level of experience both higher than myself. Please use that for all the good it can offer, not the negative.

Cheers, Brendan
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 25, 2014, 03:27:00 pm »
I agree with you Brendan.

Personally I could see nothing better than passing knowledge onto to younger riders.  I'm not ready yet to put a younger rider on my bike.  Maybe that will come some day.

As for any fear of letting juniors into VMX goes.  It wouldn't be hard to stop parents taking over the club.  Just change the constitution to stop it.

1.  Don't permit juniors to vote (makes sense)
2.  Don't permit the parents to vote (unless they ride also)
Just have social members (who can't vote)

How many potential VMX riders are out there who rider modern MX with their sons or daughters because some VMX clubs don't have juniors.  Probably more  than you think.

MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline czeck

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 25, 2014, 06:36:24 pm »
Can someone start again and name this WHY WE RACE
the problem with any forums is that most people just read it and never participate. If I was thinking of taking up VMX and read all of the above I would certaimly think otherwise.
I am 61 and love all the tracks, jumps and all. I race a bike from pre 65 to pre84  There is no such thing as a bad track and all obstackes can be ridden over if you cannot jump them.
The reason I ride and race is because there is nothing better in the wordl like ridding an Mx bike of any vintage.
No other sport comes close.
There is no other sport that is so exhilirating, no other sport that leaves you feeling so good after a weekend of racing. There is no other sport that combines fitnes and speed like MX. When was the last time you went racing and had a crap time either on the bike or drinking beer with your buddies. Me never. I just spent a day at a modern track with a whole bunch of kids that were jumping over my head, but guess what, I had a fantastic day. Took my wife up who rode on the kids track. What a blast. Today I got a sore back and a bunch of blisters but hey it will be a sad day when you cannot ride your motorcycle.
Stop moaning about all the problems( there is not any) get your bike and ride before you get tooooo  miserable.

:)
Get a bike and ride
rgds

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 25, 2014, 07:07:29 pm »
the problem with any forums is that most people just read it and never participate. If I was thinking of taking up VMX and read all of the above I would certaimly think otherwise.
I am 61 and love all the tracks, jumps and all. I race a bike from pre 65 to pre84  There is no such thing as a bad track and all obstackes can be ridden over if you cannot jump them.
The reason I ride and race is because there is nothing better in the wordl like ridding an Mx bike of any vintage.
There is no other sport that is so exhilirating, no other sport that leaves you feeling so good after a weekend of racing. There is no other sport that combines fitnes and speed like MX. When was the last time you went racing and had a crap time either on the bike or drinking beer with your buddies. Me never. I just spent a day at a modern track with a whole bunch of kids that were jumping over my head, but guess what, I had a fantastic day. Took my wife up who rode on the kids track. What a blast. Today I got a sore back and a bunch of blisters but hey it will be a sad day when you cannot ride your motorcycle.
Stop moaning about all the problems( there is not any) get your bike and ride before you get tooooo  miserable.

Get a bike and ride
rgds

Bloody spot on  ;) 

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 25, 2014, 07:07:33 pm »

Get a bike and ride
rgds

If everyone had that attitude we wouldn't have an issue to address in the first place, but unfortunately they don't...so we do. More power to you  ;)

Cheers, Brendan
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 25, 2014, 07:46:27 pm »
Great to see some unqualified enthusiasm

Offline gwc162

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
    • WayCool VMX Racing
« Reply #141 on: September 25, 2014, 08:15:49 pm »
True words
Suzuki RM250d, PE 250 c, WRf250, Multistrada 1000s
Heaven #162

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 25, 2014, 08:16:21 pm »
well that's put us in our place, i feel like riding again now, but the damn cars just failed a warrant, & now i've misplaced the starter brush springs on the spare car, AGGHHH, put them somewhere last week so i wouldn't loose them, can't get there just yet lol.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 25, 2014, 08:19:51 pm »
Echuca Vinduro course is spot on after the rain and an easy ride if there is no racing this weekend ;D

albrid-3

« Reply #144 on: September 25, 2014, 09:22:18 pm »

Port Augusta Bike, Montesa 68 Cappra.

albrid-3

« Reply #145 on: September 25, 2014, 09:28:32 pm »

Port Augusta Australian vintage Titles.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 25, 2014, 09:30:02 pm »
[img width=800  height=449]http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad275/albrid3/DSC003192.jpg[/img]

Dave my eyes aren't the best but i reckon looking closely thats Terry on the TM125 not the Capra?? ???

albrid-3

« Reply #147 on: September 25, 2014, 09:30:58 pm »

Gary O'brien testing the new prototype Montese VR 250 1972 in spain.

albrid-3

« Reply #148 on: September 25, 2014, 09:31:58 pm »
[img width=800  height=449]http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad275/albrid3/DSC003192.jpg[/img]

Dave my eyes aren't the best but i reckon looking closely thats Terry on the TM125 not the Capra?? ???
YES Terry Humphries.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 26, 2014, 08:43:48 am »

Get a bike and ride
rgds

EXACTAMUNDOO........

Although, in OUR defence, I don't think anyone here is really having a whinge. We are just looking for the PERFECT world to ride  ;D
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.