Author Topic: Bike Combos To Race  (Read 1617 times)

Offline Tahitian_Red

• Legend
  • Mugen ME480
    • View Profile
Bike Combos To Race
« on: September 16, 2014, 03:55:47 am »
I often think about combinations of bikes I would like to have at the races (like all redheads or a blonde, a brunette and a redhead--sorry different thoughts).  I am focused on Pre-75, Pre-80 and Pre-85, but you can use any era. 

At first I always wanted to race the three Pre-75 Spanish brands (Ossa Phantom, Montesa VR and Bultaco Pursang), but now I have a crazy longing to show up at the races with a '71 Suzuki TM400, '77 Can-Am MX-3 250 and an '81 Honda CR450.  My banner would say "Death Wish Racing" (I think all are fixable, except the MX-3)
 ;)

What combinations would you choose?
The "Factory Novice"
California, USA

'74 Suzuki TM100, '75 Bultaco 250 Pursang, '77 Honda XR75, '77 Suzuki RM125B, '77 Yamaha YZ400D, '79 Honda CR250RZ Moto-X Fox Replica, '83 Honda ME480RD Mugen

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Bike Combos To Race
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 08:42:36 am »
It may be time to get some professional help Jay.... ;D.....at least you will be the talk of the town so to speak. The smarter thing to do would be to put some hired young guns on them and hope they prove everyone wrong and win all the races. It would be less painful too and you will still be able to go home to your family. ;)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: Bike Combos To Race
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 09:44:43 am »
Not that I actually want to own any of them, but I always figured some sort of pommy powered Metisse, a MX250A/YZ250D, and a blinged up 89 CR would be a good way to cover the sport: an old, trick thumper rom the early days, the humble but effective and easy-to-live-with generic VMX bike from the middle era, and the show-pony bike.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.