Author Topic: 2015 TBC  (Read 34885 times)

Offline Purple Dave

• A-Grade
  • Just call me...ALVIN !!....courtesy of Slides 29 !
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 TBC
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2015, 05:16:24 pm »
I was very disappointed to miss out on having a ride again with the Evo's at TBC, and I just want to say, some, that WERE invited to ride ONLY 3 rounds, took it upon themselves to not ride in the 3rd round..............because of this Sorelegs11 was ROBBED of 1st place overall by 1 point...........NOT  HAPPY  JAN !!!.............to be given the PRIVILEGE !! of riding at this GREAT event should NOT be ABUSED !!! >:( >:( >:(
Congratulations to those riders that DID complete the mission, in particular...........DARREN SAXON..........well done Champion !! :D :D
Dirt Track Racer late 60's/throughout 70's

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2015, 06:34:02 pm »
Had Peter Lees not taken himself and us 2 queenslanders out Darren would've been 4th again and 4th overall.
Realistically he was lucky to get 2nd!

Offline Purple Dave

• A-Grade
  • Just call me...ALVIN !!....courtesy of Slides 29 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2015, 07:09:15 pm »
Had Peter Lees not taken himself and us 2 queenslanders out Darren would've been 4th again and 4th overall.

Fair observation JohnnyO, and let me say now, Darren actually said that to me, however, the point I'm REALLY trying to make is, next year the Powers that Be should pick a TEAM of riders that FRONT in EVERY race and not GIVE UP because they are down on points............The Evo's is supposed to be an EXHIBITION of BIKES from the past, so ALL the riders should ride every round if their bikes a still capable of finishing 4 laps !!! 8) ;D
Dirt Track Racer late 60's/throughout 70's

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2015, 07:13:37 pm »
True Dave, and I can tell you there are more fast Qlders very keen to get in...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 08:30:32 pm by JohnnyO »

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2015, 07:37:38 pm »
How does one get a invite to this event ? Evo class

Offline FTF#22

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2015, 09:11:48 pm »
 Dave no one from our group of riders gave up a round because they were down on points. Only body injuries and  A mechanical problem. I was there.

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2015, 09:57:15 pm »
Darren if you have read this, I recon you owe me half the prize-money! Seriously, what fantastic event. Thanks for the opportunity to ride fellows and I hope I have not ruffled any feathers. Steve and John are great blokes and looking forward to racing them again.

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2015, 10:14:48 pm »

Round 1 of the EVO race.

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2015, 10:10:04 am »
The 3 blokes pictured above were the ones to catch all day and I could not beleive my eyes when they went down in front of me, but thats racing and I'll take the "Bradbury".  ;)
Checks in the mail Peter.
Dave is spot on with the comment on riders not riding the whole 3 rounds, The points factor aside mechanical failure and injury are the only valid excuses in my opinion not to ride,as the oportunity to ride at this event is a rare one and out of respect for being offered a ride all should be on the track if possible.
Webby threw a tyre in round 1 & 2 BUT STILL fitted another in between rounds to finish the day,

On another note It may be an idea to educate the crowd on the flag system, the abuse by the crowd at flag marshals in the zone past turns 2 & 3 was a discrace with one nutjob female  : ::) demanding the security on the pit gate to run out and stop the race after an accident in this area, me thiks another flag point may be a good idea, there was a set of lights but I still have not seen them.

All up its a great day of racing and the social side of it is also well worth the effort.
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2015, 12:24:54 pm »

Check out the crowd!

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2015, 12:49:19 pm »
You don't see a crowd like that at too many dirtbike races these days. I'm sure that's better than the MX Nationals...

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2015, 12:54:04 pm »
I go to a lot of different races through the year including mx nationals Graeme and the TBC has the biggest crowd and must now be the premier bike race meeting in Oz..

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2015, 02:24:18 pm »
I go to a lot of different races through the year including mx nationals Graeme and the TBC has the biggest crowd and must now be the premier bike race meeting in Oz..

That should be premier DOMESTIC bike race meeting in Australia.  MotoGP, World Supers and the Speedway GP will surpass it, but Troy and the Club have done a fantastic job.

If you want to solve the problem of riders giving up and not fronting.  Invite more Queenslanders, we don't give up.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2015, 03:04:20 pm »
Yes that's what I meant Kev, best local meet..

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2015, 03:05:00 pm »
While on the TBC subject, the Classic (Evo) class could also attract internationals ie USA. I have broached the subject with Paul Covert,racer, promoter and friend from Little Rock, it could happen if we (as a group?) could raise the airfare ($1800). I have meet Dave Aldana (on any Sunday fame) several times, other names ie. Jim Monegan, Ron Long, Davey Durell, etc could be lured (one hopes) to attend. I will certainly supply the bike. I will be there in a month and will see them again, the blokes I mentioned are currently racing and will flog us senseless.
I for one was surprized how many people came up to me over the weekend for a talk about the good ol'days. The scene in the states is the same/similar as here, die-hard fanatics.
Food for thought, we could make the old bike racing get carried along with Troy's brilliant meeting.