Author Topic: Pre75 XL250, anyone know this bike??  (Read 7824 times)

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Pre75 XL250, anyone know this bike??
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2014, 11:50:56 am »
C'mon rookie you know you want my xl250 Motorsport!! It now has new shocks and a mint original pipe on it!!

Are you selling it?? Mates rates??? ;)
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Simo63

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2014, 01:45:20 pm »
One of the guys from up this way has an XL250 motorsport for sale.  He's raced it on and off for a few years at the VMX meetings up here and it's a reliable old girl.  I think for around $1700 or something for it.  PM me if you want to know any more details and I can put you onto him Brendan :)

Offline the stig

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2014, 02:28:03 pm »

Rookie Evo had a nice 72 xl250 for sale a while back may still have it

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2014, 04:12:55 pm »
Looks like a half done well painted XL mod

Whats half done Slakey?? I do like a nice paint job though  8) ;D

The extra touches / like the CR forks sliders so you get a full 7 inch ( or later model XL ones ) You can save 10 kilo's by fitting a CR wheel and rear brake setup. yup 10 kilo's. The thortle cable is badly done and yes you will catch it on your knee ,Stuff like that, He has done a good job one the side covers.

You wouldn't put the CR rear hub on an XL unless you wanted to be fixing a broken gearbox all the time. The cush drive hub helps in taking load of the gears on deceleration. I wouldn't change the front hub either. In my opinion, the XL/MT front brake is the best Pre75 brake bar none.

I don't know anything about the 250 for sale, but I do know that the 350 was rebuilt by Les Bowen not that long ago. Should be a good thing with a bit more work.
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2014, 04:37:59 pm »
Whilst the cush drive is good unless you start putting out big horse power from a 420 engine you should be fine. The XL rear wheel weighs in at a staggering 12 kilo's , You can always fined a MT 125 rear wheel which has the cush drive. Also if you take some weight out of the engine ( shave the flywheel ) this will help on the gearbox loading. KSI thumbers ran Yamaha YZ or RM wheels with much internal engine lightning. You may also be able to fit one of those new cush drive sprockets.     
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2014, 05:15:08 pm »

Rookie Evo had a nice 72 xl250 for sale a while back may still have it

Ahh ok, last i saw him he was riding it...id be somewhat interested in a look at that  :)
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2014, 10:02:35 pm »
One of the guys from up this way has an XL250 motorsport for sale.  He's raced it on and off for a few years at the VMX meetings up here and it's a reliable old girl.  I think for around $1700 or something for it.  PM me if you want to know any more details and I can put you onto him Brendan :)

Yeah prob worth looking at, any more pics/info would be cool  :) Thanks

Simo63

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2014, 10:04:20 pm »

Yeah prob worth looking at, any more pics/info would be cool  :) Thanks

I'll let him know and he can get on here and give you some details :)

albrid-3

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2014, 10:41:10 pm »
sorry Dave (its usually me that misses the fine print!)

mate has a very original motosport he is half keen on moving on. he has had it since new.

still got the stock pipe on it.

tank is a bit nasty after his brother hit a car in Melb. two dints on the top in particular look unpleasant... :o

its got a complete 350 front on it after the original forks were bent.

I think its still farm reg'd.
Thanks for pointing that out to me cheers