Author Topic: Classic Jersey's and T shirts  (Read 5930 times)

Offline Dewy123

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Classic Jersey's and T shirts
« on: July 12, 2014, 06:05:27 am »
Hi,
I put up a post on the OZVMX Facebook page of some old Jersey's and a Husky T-shirt that i found while digging in my childhood cupboard.
The pictures got a lot of interest.

So I'm now looking into re producing the Tops/Jersey's in modern breathable fabrics that today's jersey's are made from.
At this early stage they would cost around the same price as modern brand name jersey $60-$80 When I find out more I will let you know.
The Husky T shirt will cost around $25-$35 but this is only a rough quote that i have got over the phone.
The Husky T could be done in different colours- Blue T-shirt, Yellow bike/text. Or Black T-shirt with white bike/text and so on.

So what I'm trying to figure out is if there is enough people interested in having a cool retro T or jersey to spend the extra money it will cost to set up the designs to be printed on new jersey's and T-shirts. Also if you have a classic T-shirt or jersey that you would like to offer to get reproduced so you can actually wear it instead of hoarding it in fear of it getting damaged please get in contact with me.
Cheers Ryan.
By the way the originals are NOT FOR SALE.

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Jersey's and T shirts
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 07:33:57 am »
      Great shirts & initiative ryan , id be interested in a husky blue/yellow T  in Lge - cheers
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 09:39:15 am by Huskibul »

oldfart

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 07:57:00 am »
Yes  a Suzuki  XL   in blue for me thanks 

Offline yamahaman

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 08:57:57 am »
i thought about doing that years ago. on one of my multiple trips to thailand. i showed them pics of retro style jerseys off my laptop. but i was always worried about copyright  ????? and getting sued for selling them  ?? any comments ?

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 11:02:41 am »
Both Suzuki ones would be good in XXL
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."

Offline Dewy123

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 12:16:15 pm »
i thought about doing that years ago. on one of my multiple trips to thailand. i showed them pics of retro style jerseys off my laptop. but i was always worried about copyright  ????? and getting sued for selling them  ?? any comments ?

Good point about the copy right, and it did enter my mind. Something else I will be looking into.
Someone mentioned on the Facebook post that the Husky T-shirt might of been one of Murray Watt's designs?? Can anyone who was around back then, or maybe remembers that t-shirt, who might of drawn it?
Is Murray Watt still around?? Sorry I had never heard of him up until yesterday.
If it does all go ahead I'm hoping to use an Australian company to do the reproductions. I'd prefer quality.
Thanks Dewy.

Offline Ozadvntr

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 02:02:15 pm »
I am interested in a Husky Shirt. BTW, I have a padded Tycon Honda Jersey and a Yamaha Jersey if you are after some more examples. Happy to loan them to you for the art work.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 02:39:33 pm »
Top idea.
Les from VMX Unlimited would be worth speaking to - he has experience with this through his Flat Rabbit (?) brand a few years ago. IIRC, he had hassles with Yamaha particularly.

I'd be up for a Yamaha one if you can make it work.

Murray Watt aka Honest Muz used to write (and draw) for ADB through most of the 1980s. Last I heard, he was back in NZ and working in advertising, but that was a long time ago.
I am no expert on these things, but I think the copyright probably belongs to someone other than him - assuming it was his drawing, he most likely got paid for it in 1981 or whenever, and whoever paid him now owns the rights.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline The Wombat

• B-Grade
  • I think I can I think I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 05:35:16 pm »
Hey Dewy, the windcheater padded styles are the ones I am interested in.

I had Honda back in the day with the red center Honda Wing printed with white sleeves with stitched foam padded elbows & shoulder pads with blue cuffs.

Same with The Kawasaki Green with Dark blue K on the front pad & blue cuffs

Suzi one just as u have it.

I prefer the windcheater style they were durable & Vinduro is in the winter months so warmth is a major factor.

When u get sorted let me know once u have sample sizes from yr manufacturer.

cheers
Wombat :)

Offline BigBanana

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 05:58:46 pm »
Metro Racing in the US (https://metroracing.com/) used to do Yamaha branded stuff, but had to stop after a cease and desist from Yamaha. 

Interestingly, they stopped doing Kawasaki at the same time, although they do still make Honda and Suzuki stuff.

Offline Barko

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 06:19:51 pm »
I will take a couple of the Suzuki ones
When you kick off.

Offline Dewy123

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 05:07:00 am »
I should have some of the Husky T shirts at Harrow Vinduro. So if you would like one please let me know what size and colour combo you would like.
The Jersey's-
I'm still looking into, from what I can work out the Suzuki ones shouldn't be a problem, I haven't got to Mr Yamaha yet. But from the sounds of it they don't like keeping the good old days alive  :'(

Tycon who made the Suzuki rising sun Jersey are another Aussie company to bite the dust  :( But they were operating not that long ago.

Anyway I'll keep you posted and thanks for the offer of original gear to copy if we can.
Cheers Dewy.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 09:34:45 am »
Not that I'd suggest doing anything to circumvent the laws, but I'd be surprised if there's a law against making Yamaha jerseys for personal use, and that Yamaha's legal department would probably overlook anything that wasn't splashed around the internet...
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline The Wombat

• B-Grade
  • I think I can I think I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2014, 04:02:04 pm »
Why isn't life like the Moofies?? I have tried Googling the manufacturer of the YAMAHA guernsey, to see the styles from back in the day. Not a cracker, no mention anywhere of the brand.

exact replicas would be cool as, of course in bigger sizes to accomodate for the passing of time  ;D

Offline Natroy

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2014, 10:58:03 pm »
No copyright in Thai.