Author Topic: 2014 MAXIMA RACING OILS CONONDALE CLASSIC  (Read 23243 times)

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 MAXIMA RACING OILS CONONDALE CLASSIC
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2014, 11:09:03 pm »
any idea how entries are going ?
follow me to first turn

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2014, 05:36:50 am »
Why does it always seem to be privileged info on how many entries we have to events???????

What do we have 60-80-100????????

Someone must no so they can do the program.....
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2014, 08:15:28 am »
As an experienced Race Secretary it always annoyed me when everyone wanted to know "how many entries".  Sometimes I would still be processing them and didn't really know exactly anyway.  All that the phone calls did was hold me up.

Anyway it is just under a fortnight to the meeting why does everyone think they need to know everything.

And I don't know how many entries and this is just my opinion.

Also entries close this Friday.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2014, 10:05:04 am »
That information from Brian Fox intrigues me.. I understood that a "one event national licence" was just that...only for national events.. not local events....Anyone clarify..

Offline William Doe

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2014, 10:20:47 am »
That information from Brian Fox intrigues me.. I understood that a "one event national licence" was just that...only for national events.. not local events....Anyone clarify..

I will be shot down by the MA lovers in a minute  ::)

But as I understand it MA got wind that the event is successful and growing each year , so they have upgraded the status of the meeting to national rather than Local  ???

Therefore they can put their greedy mits deeper into the pot ( while offering nothing in return ) . I wonder how many riders the event misses out on now due to this . A number of us used to do this event as it is and always will be a really cool event , but unfortunately the upgraded MA involvement has Fuct it for us this side of the water .

Sorry for the negatives  ::) but it guts me that an event created and grown by passionate volunteer's has been hijacked by the money sucking machine  >:( As with great people, great events are not immune to nasty Tumours trying to slow them down .

If you already hold a licence get your entry in ASAP as it really is a must do event  :) great racing ,great organising club, great atmosphere , it ticks all the VMX boxes in everyway  :)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 11:03:37 am by William Doe »
Its only old bike racing FFS get over yourselves

The Artist formerly known as TM Bill

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2014, 10:34:09 am »
Conondale Classic was made an "open" meeting by MA last year, pretty much for the reasons Bill said so if you don't have a licence then you need to get a one day National licence which cannot be issued on the day.....entries are still rolling in, over 100 at the moment, we are hoping for around the 150 mark.....it's going to be another awesome event. We still take entries on the day at this event. Don't be one of those people who say after the event "shit, I should have done that!" and have to wait another 12 months. Going to start setting up the track on Saturday, it will be similar to the MX Nat's last month.....fast and flowing. Glen Bell is all pumped up and is going to try and get a win for the Aussies...LOL......see you there!!!!
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline DR500

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2014, 11:45:04 am »
I have done all the  classic, but due to the BS with MA and having to get a licence. I'm out of it this year.

Offline lama

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2014, 03:42:41 pm »
Seems MA are forgetting that most of us do it for fun and think we all have bottomless pockets

Offline 211

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2014, 04:40:03 pm »
You guys are unbelievable = if you promote an event that has international and interstate riders then its not an interclub anymore. Yep, I'm here defending MA, and MQ for that matter because (for starters) its under a MOTORCYCLING QUEENSLAND PERMIT. The only thing MA has to do with it is to be the fall guy for this opportunistic clap trap from those with an interest in their own agenda.
No doubt an outstanding event cos it is and always will be; but club day it isn't.

oldfart

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2014, 05:08:52 pm »
Tony .... we have 15 events - practice days included  this season in SEQ  and for a mere $290 a year  for a full license . That equates to  $19-33 per event.     Ok so you only want to half the events - some  do ..... it's still cheap as far as I'm concerned. 

Offline William Doe

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2014, 05:58:08 pm »
Tony .... we have 15 events - practice days included  this season in SEQ  and for a mere $290 a year  for a full license . That equates to  $19-33 per event.     Ok so you only want to half the events - some  do ..... it's still cheap as far as I'm concerned.

When you put it like that Stu it dont sound to bad  :) Now the event has national status what extra cost are the host club lumbered with from the authorising body ? and does the club have to asorb these extra cost or do they have to incorperate them into the entry fee ?

This is probably not the place to discuss this as it could distract the focus away from what is arguably the best competitive VMX event this side of the world at what is without doubt the best venue this side of the world  :)

Might start a thread in the appropriate place about the pros and cons  ;)

Offline 211

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2014, 06:29:14 pm »
Happy to accommodate you in a debate Bill.
looking at the entry cost on the sup regs and in light of the derogatory comments from John and yourself (and the expectation of rider numbers) I would think there may be some who may prefer you don't.

Offline DR500

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2014, 06:36:45 pm »
It's not the cost, happy to pay, it's having to apply weeks before,then having to chase MQ up to get it.
May be i just need to get my act together and get a full year licences again. ;D
I'll be spectator this year. >:(

Offline William Doe

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2014, 07:36:31 pm »
Happy to accommodate you in a debate Bill.
looking at the entry cost on the sup regs and in light of the derogatory comments from John and yourself (and the expectation of rider numbers) I would think there may be some who may prefer you don't.

Fair call Dave ( although i was talking about the overseeing of events in general ) out of respect to this fantastic event i will put it on ice until this event has been run  :)

I think its a bit strong to take a shot at John though  ::) i dont think he made any derogatory comments .
John is so passionate about this event and throws his heart and soul into it .
He would defend this event and the right to run it for the best interest of the competitors, with his last breath in the same way that you would defend the governing bodies with yours .
Bill

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2014, 07:39:51 pm »
One thing that amazes me is that everyone uses the wrong terms.

There is no such thing as a one day licence or a one event licence.

The correct name is ONE MEETING LICENCE and for this meeting NATIONAL ONE MEETING LICENCE

Also what everyone calls an open meeting is a NATIONAL MEETING which you need a NATIONAL LICENCE for.  Any meeting above a Inter-Club is a National Meeting.

If someone who hasn't got a licence still wanted to enter Conondale they probably could still get a National One Meeting Licence they just need to ring MQ and ask.  The 21 days is so everyone doesn't leave it until the last minute, but don't wait until Friday.  I could be wrong but give it a go.

From my side of things I would just like to see everyone use the terms as per the MOMS and that includes MQ and MA staff.

If someone thinks I'm wrong just read the MOMS and read definitions in the MOMS.

This is just my 2 cents worth.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 08:15:59 pm by KTM47 »
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490