Author Topic: The 2014 Harrow Vinduro thread!  (Read 89174 times)

Offline Luffy

• C-Grade
  • Next project
    • View Profile
Re: The 2014 Harrow Vinduro thread!
« Reply #240 on: July 29, 2014, 07:06:32 pm »
Great picture of Canberra boys on knees praying to the ktm gods or it it that rum coming back up, we'll I think pub will be able to have a renovation now, well done boys. Great effort.

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 29, 2014, 07:23:31 pm »
Great picture of Canberra boys on knees praying to the ktm gods or it it that rum coming back up, we'll I think pub will be able to have a renovation now, well done boys. Great effort.

Ha Luffy you did have Peter Drakford on he knees to Mate

« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 06:37:03 pm by oz555ktm »
And Please forgive me as I cant Spell for Shit ...
And I have very Bad Gramer ...too I been told ......

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 29, 2014, 07:25:33 pm »

our A.C.T number plate say it all .we was on a Rum.Run

Offline Ekka

• Legend
  • Go hard or go home
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 29, 2014, 08:49:05 pm »
Yes I had a fat time thanks to everyone involved to make this event  ;D

Offline fred99999au

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 29, 2014, 09:05:26 pm »
Yep, 100% agree. Despite the kill switch wire shorting to the speedo mount and the jetting being way to lean for anything I could use the bike for, I had a blast once I dropped the circlip 2 slots to richen it up. It is still not right, but bugger me it was fun.

I was dreading the final river crossing, as I have seen many better riders come to grief there,  but the fourhunjie just motored through it and thankfully washed some of the crap off it as well.

Still had to stop at the car wash in Ararat though on the way home.

Thanks to Tex & co for the share of campfire on Saturday night, the organisers, the landowners and to everyone involved, be they participants, spectators, the local nurse who drive past when that fella binned it under the bridge, or the publican. It was a great weekend.

Offline Dewy123

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 30, 2014, 06:02:15 am »
Well for my first Vinduro back since taking a break from it in 2013 I picked an awesome event. It could of been even better if i didn't listen to John and his- I run my Husky at 70:1 all day with no problems  : : ) : : ) : : ) : : ) : : ) 40:1 was to lean for my old air cooled girl  :'( :'( :'( But you can't keep a good Husky down  ;D

Well after not getting very much time to run the Husky in, I took Saturdays ride as a sighting lap and to enjoy a ride with my old man on his trusty DR400 and my mate Rob on his PE250T. I struggled to keep my eyes on the track, some of the scenery they had us riding through was just stunning. On the first long sandy up hill the Husky started to show signs it wasn't happy and by the time i reached the top she had stopped  :-\ After leaving her to cool down for 5 minutes she was happy to fire up and still sounded sweet. So we continued riding a long and enjoying the serenity and the awesome course.

Once back at camp it was time to check over everything and lube the chain and fuel up for the next day, the Husky was all good and so was the DR400.
Robs PE had stalled after going through the last creek crossing  ??? He eventually got it up and running, but once back at camp we found there was only one bolt holding the exhaust flange to the barrel  :o So we went about pulling the expansion chamber off and finding some bolts to screw here back together.
We got her into the parc ferme just in time.

Then it was time for a few beers before we headed off to the hall for dinner. The meals were great and again we had a few more beers but i was trying to take it a little easy as Rob and i had a pretty big night Friday night when we first arrived.
We wondered over to the pub after dinner and there were a few teams in full swing and really having a good time.
I think i called it a night around 10pm.

Sunday-
I was dreading the cold start and knowing the husky wasn't starting well since its rebuild didn't help. We watched the first 10 or so teams head off on there way and we were starting on the 24th minute. Once again the Husky didn't want to start so i ended up roll starting it down the little hill near the start line  :) Might be easier to do that next year.

As i was part of the Occidentals team twice  ??? ??? Something funny going on there : : ) : : )  I thought I'd have a bit of a crack and left Dad and Rob to set there own pace. So the Husky and i were off at a reasonable pace and I got my first hit of reality going under the bridge with an injured rider that distracted me enough that i stalled the bike.
I hope he was ok??
The husky still didn't want to rev out and just seemed off. On the first open paddock section i opened her up and by the end of it the Husky had once again seized and this time wasn't keen on a re-start  :'( :'(

Another fellow husky rider pulled over and felt my pain and offered to send help. After about 20 minutes Dad and Rob caught up to me and we tried push starting the Husky, she fired up and sounded ok. So i continued on riding and she didn't seem to bad after her last seize.

I caught up with a few riders and rode with a guy on an Honda XR for a bit that was setting a good pass most of the time seems i wasn't game to open up the Husky again.
When i got to the pits i thought why not try putting her back to 25:1 and see if that will help her survive the rest of the day. Well as soon as I reached the other side of the first creek crossing it felt like a different bike. The old Husky was pulling like a train and really wanted to be opened up  ;D ;D

And all i could think was my old man saying your running it a bit lean aren't you... Oil;s cheap, engines aren't... So beware of running your old air cooled bike to lean, I guess a jump from 25:1 to 40:1 was pretty big.

I finished out the day having a ball and really wishing I had just put some more oil in the fuel from the beginning, as the husky was flying with some really fast transport sections and enjoying every minute out on this fantastic course.

I ended up doing 3 laps on Sunday and finished my third lap at 1:50pm and was told i couldn't go out again  :'( :'( Which now looking back was probably a good idea as I was stuffed.
A big thank you to all the sweep riders, the Harrow township, and the Veri committee for putting on the best Harrow yet. Bring on 2015.
I hope to have some GoPro footage by the end of the week too.
Cheers Dewy.

Offline Luffy

• C-Grade
  • Next project
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 30, 2014, 06:39:04 am »

Ha Luffy you did have Peter Drakford on he knees to Mate

No that's the shoemister. Paying homage.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 30, 2014, 08:34:19 am »
"Well after not getting very much time to run the Husky in"

there it is ol mate I said make sure your first few tanks are rich before leaning out the oil mix. did you listen to me nooooo...everyone knows the first few tanks are at 25 to 1... ;) at least its out to clearance now ;D

young wippersnappers ::)

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 30, 2014, 08:39:57 am »

I should also point out for those that weren't there that VERi made a significant donation to the local Bush Nursing Centre, and that local businesses did very well out of the weekend as well.  Win-win!

Tex

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 30, 2014, 08:43:29 am »
I swooned for the swooom...such a nice looking bike and its a "rider" as well :)

the display bike is in the glass case in the lounge room ;D ;D

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 30, 2014, 05:09:43 pm »

I should also point out for those that weren't there that VERi made a significant donation to the local Bush Nursing Centre, and that local businesses did very well out of the weekend as well.  Win-win!

Tex

I was talking to a one of the town foke on Monday ..
Thay said the Money that VERi had donated to the Bush Nursing center
and the Cricket Park is Money that was needed .. .And will go along way .in Helping the Town..
Well Done to VERi

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 30, 2014, 05:35:46 pm »
Dennis

The VERi club made a $2,000.00 donation to the Local Bush Nursing association

The town raised funds of approx. $2,000.00 on camping area fees

The town raised funds of approx. $2,000.00 from the Hall hire and meal on Saturday nite.

These funds are all put back into good community projects.

We had a great meeting on Sunday evening with the Land owners who were very happy with the week leading up to the event and the event.
So much so , we have been offered much more land for next years event.
So if you think it was good this year , wait until July next year its going to be awesome.

The Pub made a great profit all up and are thinking of issuing you and your crew personnel invitations for your large contribution you guys made to the bar sales.

As we were going around the course on Monday pulling out arrows etc, the course was in surprisingly good condition with minimal damage.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 05:39:54 pm by HVA61 »
Autos are the way forward , see you round like a robot
Take the short cut, go Cross Country
The shortest distance between two points is Cross Country
CCM's and HL's bark like mad dogs

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 30, 2014, 07:16:49 pm »
so next year we might actually get a 90 km loop shoey??? what have you been telling your women?? 3 is 6 or what!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 30, 2014, 07:28:07 pm »
Yep we will get our 90km  8)

My mistake in the calculation.  :-[

8 is 12 , is more like it    ::)
Autos are the way forward , see you round like a robot
Take the short cut, go Cross Country
The shortest distance between two points is Cross Country
CCM's and HL's bark like mad dogs

Offline the stig

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 30, 2014, 07:57:57 pm »
Yep we will get our 90km  8)

My mistake in the calculation.  :-[

8 is 12 , is more like it    ::)

It Looks like Riders will have to work for there Gold next Year...

The Stig