Author Topic: The 2014 Harrow Vinduro thread!  (Read 89123 times)

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: The 2014 Harrow Vinduro thread!
« Reply #270 on: July 30, 2014, 08:50:16 pm »
There will be a great video being released soon. Keep checking the VERi web site

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 30, 2014, 09:03:10 pm »
The Jap riders are just sore loser's

Not me, my BMW and I were on the victorious Euro team

Geez, you change direction so quickly and so often you must suffer chronic motion sickness! Your shadow keeps getting blood noses with all the sudden reversals in direction.  :o
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 30, 2014, 09:13:44 pm »
Does anyone really want a 90km loop?
TBH, the talk of a 90km loop sounded like a negative (although I admired the ambition).

Maybe I'm the only one?
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline The Wombat

• B-Grade
  • I think I can I think I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 30, 2014, 09:24:12 pm »
Does anyone really want a 90km loop?
TBH, the talk of a 90km loop sounded like a negative (although I admired the ambition).

Maybe I'm the only one?

It took a reasonable amount of riding time to cover the current loop so I am not for doubling it.

But I am sure the boyz will come up with something xlnt with the xtra properties depending on the terrain.

3x 90km laps probably close 2 impossible for most. especially me  ;D

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 30, 2014, 09:28:39 pm »
As this event gets bigger its all about the enviromental impact that we cause longer distance less laps less damage the distance is irrelevant. We want to be invited back .

Offline the stig

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 30, 2014, 10:01:51 pm »
As a committee member i think the course terrain and length was near on perfect…
As a sweep rider i saw that course was enjoyable and challenging
As a interested person talking to riders after the event i was pretty much told it was "FLUCKING FANTASTIC"  :)

I think we and especially those laying out the course did a pretty good job

Cheers, Brendan

Your right on all accounts  Rookie..

The Stig

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 30, 2014, 10:09:31 pm »
As this event gets bigger its all about the enviromental impact that we cause longer distance less laps less damage the distance is irrelevant. We want to be invited back .

Fair point. 300 bikes making one pass will do less damage than 150 bikes making two passes, will do less damage than 100 bikes making three passes.

I guess the problem I see is that when you run multiple laps, riders get to choose how much riding they do. A typical vinduro loop of 10~15km gives riders a lot of flexibility to choose how much riding they do - one lap or twenty or anything in between. Obviously Harrow needs longer loops - the question is how much longer.

As the loop gets longer, that flexibility disappears. The casual riders are presented with a bigger challenger than they may be comfortable with (90km or nothing), while the more serious riders may also be limited (90km may not be enough, but 180km might be too much or impossible).

No idea if the new area lends itself to a cloverleaf pattern, but maybe that would a good solution? Maybe one leaf of the clover could be an optional "hard" loop, which would distract/slow down the more gung-ho riders?

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 01, 2014, 03:06:16 pm »

Offline gsr

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 02, 2014, 09:38:46 pm »
Ex viper#86

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 02, 2014, 09:50:27 pm »

Fair point. 300 bikes making one pass will do less damage than 150 bikes making two passes, will do less damage than 100 bikes making three passes.

I guess the problem I see is that when you run multiple laps, riders get to choose how much riding they do. A typical vinduro loop of 10~15km gives riders a lot of flexibility to choose how much riding they do - one lap or twenty or anything in between. Obviously Harrow needs longer loops - the question is how much longer.

As the loop gets longer, that flexibility disappears. The casual riders are presented with a bigger challenger than they may be comfortable with (90km or nothing), while the more serious riders may also be limited (90km may not be enough, but 180km might be too much or impossible).

No idea if the new area lends itself to a cloverleaf pattern, but maybe that would a good solution? Maybe one leaf of the clover could be an optional "hard" loop, which would distract/slow down the more gung-ho riders?

If and when numbers start going south in the new format Harrow all these things must be considered, while things are this well received its hard to wanna change anything...

Cheers, Brendan
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 03, 2014, 08:50:26 am »
the format just enjoyed by all was pretty close to perfect with a high achievement feeling to complete a lap on a pre 78 style bike and the ability to rip a couple out on later model bikes.

while further land may be available, it will be difficult to alter that current course length too much without loosing the appeal of that just ridden.

But I have no doubt the VERI team will prevail and the next years loop will be just as enjoyable for all.

just need to start prep!

Offline gsr

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 03, 2014, 01:45:14 pm »
Ex viper#86

Offline The Wombat

• B-Grade
  • I think I can I think I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 03, 2014, 03:05:04 pm »
Part2

http://youtu.be/MGsuTuBYhBo

Wooo Hooo u got my crash at 4:40 - 4:48 hahahaaaa nice work thanx for that 8)

Offline Tony H

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 03, 2014, 03:14:03 pm »
Great weather, tracks and company. Heres a couple more-
The start, across the creek into the first tracks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qT6yp7Ke8g

and the single track through the scrub
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5neror3IaM

cheers Tony

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 03, 2014, 04:41:57 pm »
Part2

http://youtu.be/MGsuTuBYhBo

Wooo Hooo u got my crash at 4:40 - 4:48 hahahaaaa nice work thanx for that 8)

Crash? It was more of a Benny Hill moment!

Good footage of the thundering Tex on his DT125 - I can't decide if you were showing the 600 new racing lines or he was just apprehensive about trying to pass you! Just goes to show that there are plenty of bikes out there that you mightn't have thought about riding in these events but which are cheap to buy, fun to ride and will complete the vinduro courses (albeit without any class or dignity) :))
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!