Author Topic: The 2014 Harrow Vinduro thread!  (Read 89168 times)

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: The 2014 Harrow Vinduro thread!
« Reply #210 on: July 25, 2014, 01:45:59 pm »
Na, got a 4 banger all ready, don't need another :D once this new horse my daughter has purchased bucks her into the blackberries, I'll come and get that xr, I rekon she will be partial to muddaboik by then

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 25, 2014, 02:56:45 pm »
finished the extensive bike prep today (tightened the chain) all packed and ready to head off to rockets to load up. early start tomorrow :-[ 6 a bloody clock in the morning (have to stay up all nite :o). Rod want to make the 11.00 clock riders brief (I would've slept in and started late ;D)

so the circ... oops adventure begins....looking forward to clearing the river crossing from that ski jump ;D :D better than Dewy's plan (take a submarine!!)

Offline The Wombat

• B-Grade
  • I think I can I think I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 25, 2014, 03:26:47 pm »
Geebus Husky u got one with a Horse aswell  :o I hear ya

DFrive safe see ya 2murra we are heading off around 5:30am  ::)

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 25, 2014, 03:58:01 pm »
wife and daughter have got nags >:( :o......how do you think I got to have 2 Husqvarna's....  ;D ;D

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 27, 2014, 11:08:17 pm »
Got home tonight after the harrow vinduro I rode sweep on my modern bike to help out with several others sweepers and couldn't help but be impressed by the level of service to competitors and the way an event could be run, it is a credit to VERI and to all the organisers, they thanked me for helping out but it was a privilege to be part of a well run event.cheers Andrew
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 27, 2014, 11:23:27 pm »
Now, that was an awesome event!

I expect we'll hear more about it in the coming days, most folks (like me) will be too tired right now.

Thanks to everyone who took part, and the large amount of people, such as mavman4200p, who helped make it happen.

Tex

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 28, 2014, 08:42:31 am »
what an awesome weekend, full mark, congratulations and thanks to the Team that set up, organised and ran the event. also a big thanks to the Harrow people for letting us trash their town.

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 28, 2014, 12:05:42 pm »

This was my first Harrow and l must say it was an amazing weekend.

l arrived Friday afternoon to a cool wet camp ground and got set up. It rained on and off but the weather forecast for Saturday was for a fine sunny day. It was fairly quiet until later in the night when a lot of riders arrived to set up camp.

Saturday and the sun shone through. The course opened at midday so the morning was a easy one. There was a fuel truck going out on the course and setting up at the 35 km mark. l was thinking the course was around 90 km long at this point so sent fuel out.

There was a real mix of land that we rode over from tight slippery boggy sections, sandy treed sections, open paddocks with outstanding views of the surrounding farmland, plenty of creek crossings and a swampy area finishing off with a crossing of the Glenelg river. The course ended up being about 50 km so l didn't need to send fuel out Sunday as l could easily do it on less than a tank. Sunday was more of the same with some sections better for the traffic and others....not   ::) There was also some road riding between sections.

Many thanks to the Harrow community. We had dinner in the hall on Saturday night after the VERi meeting and it was a great feed ! The local police were in attendance both mornings spectating at the start and there was a Troopy ambulance there also. To the locals that opened their land to me for the ride l thank you sincerely for the opportunity, its really beautiful country you have there. l had a great weekend and was worn out  ;D

Great job to the blokes who set the course and did all the work there too. It was well signed but l did find myself off course a couple of times in the paddocks admiring the views, just sort of riding along distracted until wondering 'where did everybody go ?'.

See you next year at Harrow  :)

Cheers

Geoff

Buying kdx air cooled drum brake unitrak bikes and parts

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 28, 2014, 12:14:57 pm »
Was told some of the Riders were affected by a  Mystery Virus , and couldn`t ride Sunday !!!??? hope they have fully recovered ;) ;) ;D ;D.
Couple of CR`s

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 28, 2014, 01:16:06 pm »

This was my first Harrow and l must say it was an amazing weekend.

l arrived Friday afternoon to a cool wet camp ground and got set up. It rained on and off but the weather forecast for Saturday was for a fine sunny day. It was fairly quiet until later in the night when a lot of riders arrived to set up camp.

Saturday and the sun shone through. The course opened at midday so the morning was a easy one. There was a fuel truck going out on the course and setting up at the 35 km mark. l was thinking the course was around 90 km long at this point so sent fuel out.

There was a real mix of land that we rode over from tight slippery boggy sections, sandy treed sections, open paddocks with outstanding views of the surrounding farmland, plenty of creek crossings and a swampy area finishing off with a crossing of the Glenelg river. The course ended up being about 50 km so l didn't need to send fuel out Sunday as l could easily do it on less than a tank. Sunday was more of the same with some sections better for the traffic and others....not   ::) There was also some road riding between sections.

Many thanks to the Harrow community. We had dinner in the hall on Saturday night after the VERi meeting and it was a great feed ! The local police were in attendance both mornings spectating at the start and there was a Troopy ambulance there also. To the locals that opened their land to me for the ride l thank you sincerely for the opportunity, its really beautiful country you have there. l had a great weekend and was worn out  ;D

Great job to the blokes who set the course and did all the work there too. It was well signed but l did find myself off course a couple of times in the paddocks admiring the views, just sort of riding along distracted until wondering 'where did everybody go ?'.

See you next year at Harrow  :)

Cheers

Geoff

No no no!

That's all wrong Geoff - this is where you're supposed to be telling us how BAD it was, and how those of us that didn't go, didn't really miss out...

:'( x10.

:)
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 28, 2014, 01:26:54 pm »
some of the afflicted caused stress and drama at 2 in the morning crashing about the shack setting up camp! ;D ;D ;D

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 28, 2014, 02:10:44 pm »
It hurts to type :o
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 28, 2014, 02:22:08 pm »
Hurts worse if you were on the LOSING ORIENTALS TEAM. Suffer in ya Mawashi's, suckers!

And yes Nathan, you missed out big time - start saving those brownie points again!
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 28, 2014, 03:20:23 pm »
Hurts worse if you were on the LOSING ORIENTALS TEAM. Suffer in ya Mawashi's, suckers!

Well that won't refer to me, I was riding a BMW ::)
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 28, 2014, 05:54:20 pm »
An impressive BMW too! (I was impressed.... ;D)