Author Topic: TS250x tidy up  (Read 40090 times)

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: TS250x tidy up
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2014, 04:15:25 pm »
Good work I would possibly be interested in some radiator and tank decals which style of ones did you get remade , did the head and pipe mods make a noticeable improvement cheers Andrew
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 04:17:48 pm by mavman4200p »
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."

Offline nelpd96

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2014, 05:32:50 pm »
Andrew they are the same style as the black bike at the start of the thread. I know that there was an option for the yellow bike in that style but not too sure on the colours.

Boysen reeds were only $50 I think as well so get onto that. The 12T sprocket for the front makes a difference. Available from Suzuki for around $25.

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2014, 05:43:52 pm »
How did the decals turn out.
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."

Offline nelpd96

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2014, 06:27:15 pm »
Andrew sorry for the delay in the response as I have been waiting until I can do a full update but the seat cover has been delayed to though that I would drop a quick pick of the tank and shroud decals. The vector file is done for the side plates and headlight surround but I just want to confirm the seat cover colour before I get them cut. There is no clear over the decals yet that is just 2000 wet and dry with the decals slapped on.

On that note I ordered a seat cover that has a grippa material top and normal sides that have the SUZUKI on them. The one they made has the 250X instead. If you are interested I could get him to throw it in with mine when he ships out the replacement next week, it will cost you $65 if you were interested. It is no cost to me but the guy has one sitting there that he pretty much can't use. Or at least keep and eye on ebay as he might list it soon.

Offline nelpd96

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2014, 07:38:25 pm »
So I have took this out for a run last weekend at a fellow Vinduro nut's place. Please reserve comment about retard camera angle for later  ;D

Was going to wait till later but the attention whore in me needed to seek public approval for the noise that that it makes when I am not riding it like a one armed midget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEQiWMDJ4ZA

Also some pics of the bike once home. Still waiting on the seat cover then I will get the rest of the decals cut.

Offline Hardo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2014, 09:51:30 pm »
Great job mate. Well done.

Now make sure you enter some HEAVEN meetings on it !!   ;)

Offline nelpd96

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2014, 07:24:17 am »
Cheers Hardo depending on what happens after the long ride I might try to get up your way for the last one of the year.

Cheers Paul

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2014, 11:15:11 pm »
Thanks for the seat cover offer but I already have one fitted I will pm you about the decals though(not a great photo) took it for a ride today came home with a big smile pipe mods made a difference , now might pull the head off and give it a hair cut but not sure it really needs it  might have had one already , i think I like it more than my drz400 its like riding a push bike forgot how good a two stroker feels to ride on a twisty bush track been a while.

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2014, 12:49:15 am »
Now that you have ridden it, what do you want it to do different ?
And what are you prepared to loose ?

Offline nelpd96

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2014, 08:38:15 pm »
Andrew, it should be pretty easy to do a set up like mine with the same colours as your bike so light and dark blue in contrast to the light blue and white on mine. I will ask the lads how much when I get the backgrounds cut, let me know if you want a set of them as well.

SON,
        To be honest I am very happy with the bike given how much I have spent on it. I would like it to be a little more scary in the power department but to be honest that is just going to make it harder to ride as the lack of a power valve means that I am going to be trading off low end power which given my riding ability is about a low as I would like it. I will see how I go but the only other thing I might do is some Gold valve emulators in the fork to allow me to tune them a little better but if it only comes out once a month for a Vinduro then it will probably be fine.

Cheers
Paul

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2014, 10:05:11 pm »
A set of tank and radiator ones with light blue highlights and dark blue main graphics would be great if you could get me a price as well as the number plate and headlight ones in the green that is close to the ones on Google images for the 84/5 model would be great pm me if it is possible to do thanks Andrew.

Son I'm quite impressed by the bike my suspension has been done some time ago with air caps unknown springs etc it handles quite well a bit more top end would be good but as Paul has put it not much needs doing it calves a good line at a fair rate of knots on the track which is well in line with my ability can't wait to use it more

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2014, 10:48:48 pm »
Flywheels are heavy, counter balancer etc, so lightening the ignition rotor will give it a little hit,

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2014, 12:13:10 am »
Will have a look at the flywheel but the downside is more peaky on steeper hills

Offline nelpd96

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2014, 10:04:33 pm »
Andrew is this the green that you are talking about
http://p1.bikepics.com/2007%5C08%5C25%5Cbikepics-1003297-full.jpg

I also note that the tank decals on mine are a different angle to your so depending on the condition I can just get the shroud ones made up or will I just price up a set exactly like mine but substitute the white for darker blue?

Cheers
Paul

P.S. My seat cover turned up today so I will be getting my backgrounds cut this week.

Offline Boyracer

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2014, 01:38:17 pm »
Wouldn't you like to bolt up an RM pipe and seat cover to one.