Author Topic: TS250x tidy up  (Read 40089 times)

Offline nelpd96

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: TS250x tidy up
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2014, 02:19:31 pm »
In a little bit more good news I found a parts listing for a DEP silencer for the ts. A quick call to the importer and they still have stock and at $150 the are no more expensive than something I was likely to have to modify to fit. DEPS2909 is the part number for those that are interested.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2014, 03:26:40 pm »
nicework ;) always good to have a win like that

Offline nelpd96

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2014, 09:17:11 pm »
Righto they say a picture paints a thousand works so.........

The Spring on the right is the standard one, the left is the Gen 1 KLR650

This is the tank after a couple of coats of paint. Still need to let it sit for a while before a 2000 wet and dry then a buff. Might even put a clear over it if I get keen.

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2014, 09:39:16 am »
Could you tell me who the importer for the muffler was you called and their number would be interested in one myself.Cheers Andrew
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 09:40:52 am by mavman4200p »
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2014, 10:25:09 am »
great progress, its coming together nicely

Offline nelpd96

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2014, 11:25:16 am »
Andrew the distributor is John Titman racing up in qld. Will put at a photo as soon as it arrives.

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2014, 05:28:29 pm »
Thanks Ill be giving him a call.
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."

Offline nelpd96

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2014, 06:22:30 pm »
There has been a bit more progress. All going well I should be able to give it a kick in the guts in a week or so. I could probably do it now but I want to get some of the little things tidied up first so I don't have to pull the thing apart later. I was thinking I would just stick with the black seat as it is 100% functional but looking at the thing with the plastics on there is just too much black. The real question is do I stay true to the year model and get the cover with 250X on the seat or embrace the 1987 replica thing that I have going with the decal s and black plastics and get one that has Suzuki on it???

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2014, 10:57:12 pm »
If you put the blue number panels on the side plastics and head light like the original it would break it up a fair bit looking good but like the muffler

Offline nelpd96

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2014, 08:38:13 am »
Andrew that is certainly the plan I have to get the decals cut for the tank and shrouds as well as the nacreous for the side plates so I will do that first and see how it looks. The upshot of a new seat cover will be that I can get is done with some decent grippa material instead of the slippery vinyl.

Those Klr spring make a really big difference to the front end feel as well much firmer. Will check the sag out properly once I have the thing all back together.

Cheers Paul

Offline nelpd96

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2014, 09:23:57 pm »
I have pressed pause on getting the decals cut. I think I might have found a source for some factory ones. If I have any luck I will put the details up here for others if they are interested.

Offline nelpd96

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2014, 10:15:22 pm »
Right so I have had some success with the tank and shroud decals and they are getting made up at the moment. They will be a vyinl typ so the best durability will come with a clear coat over the top. The side plate decals are on back order from Japan. I will get some templates made of these before I put them on. Lastly there is the headlight one. I have not had any luck getting hold of one but I will get a template made and one cut once I have the side plate decal to get the correct colour.

On a side note it should get started this weekend. All the wiring is in and light ect all work as they should. Exhaust is fitted so we are just about ready to go.

Cheers
Paul

Offline nelpd96

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2014, 09:57:42 pm »
So just over a week with not a lot of progress but such is the way of these things. I rode the bike today for the first time since the rebuild and have to say that I am very happy. The thing still needs to be run in but I will try and put a tank through it tomorrow if I get the chance. I pick up the shroud decals on Monday. I have the cut file for these so can get them made in what ever colour for those that are interested. The tank decals and the ones for the side plates and headlight surround will be coming soon. I have done the templates up just waiting on the seat cover to arrive so that I can match the blue for those to the seat to make it all tie in properly.

I have to say that I am pretty happy with how it rides now. I am going to have a crack at shaping the seat a little and putting in some high density foam to firm it up a little as it isn't great the way that it is at the moment but everything else is working well. I will see if I can get some video tomorrow to upload.

Cheers
Paul

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2014, 08:35:09 am »
the best part....getting on it for the first time and finding it doesn't need to much more. well done and enjoy. :D

Offline nelpd96

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2014, 04:20:25 pm »
 Nothing special but a quick video. I will get something decent once all the decals and seat cover are done.

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v493/nelpd96/TS250xcoldstart_zpsb528a3ff.mp4

« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 04:22:19 pm by nelpd96 »