Author Topic: 79 CR250 Front End Conversion  (Read 71253 times)

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 79 CR250 Front End Conversion
« Reply #105 on: July 05, 2014, 09:06:36 pm »
There is a proposal to delete OEM from the MoMS.

The future is in 12 days John. Time to get anxious don't you think.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 05, 2014, 10:01:10 pm »
I'm losing the will to live

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 05, 2014, 10:11:00 pm »
August 23rd ...live for it :)
Best is in the West !!

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 05, 2014, 10:14:51 pm »
I've already lost it!

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2014, 10:20:30 pm »
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
  • Fast TT meets Drunks Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 05, 2014, 10:20:39 pm »
The three or four of us unmodified, crying, brainless and agenda driven rabble WIll have our submissions to MA  on the due date for consideration. I suggest you get busy and do the same. Go figure.
[/quote]

Hmmm you may be suprised Teddy me boy, but what ever happens I WILL RIDE MY BIKE and I dont give a tose as to what class im in would be fun taking down pre 85 bikes on me twin shocker,oh shit thats what I was doing today at the QVMX pratice day , dam must have been those fast 43mm forks again ;D
Gosh its a shame a slow 4 stroke trail bike can go so Fast !!

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 05, 2014, 10:28:29 pm »

;D ;D ;D ;D unreal, can we do a deal on the twin piper ;D :D
Or do I have to wait for probate ;D ;D
Great to see the last part of your will to go on will be your sense of humor Col ;D ;D

"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 06, 2014, 05:44:25 am »
Now I remember why I have not been on here for 3-4 months.
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 06, 2014, 07:35:32 am »
Wow...  I hadn't looked at this thread just assuming it was a long running technical  discussion about how to do something. These threads are good for the purpose of discussion but it's funny how they never seem to result in a positive outcome. Personally I don't see why Evo is so hard to define. It should be a relatively simple matter to cover all the bases, it's not like it's rocket science. I agree that the original concept of Evo, and how that was stated, was fine. But clearly people do disagree on the finer points and some do make mods that aren't in keeping with some interpretations of the rules.

I thought the comment re period is a good example - a period could be anything at all. Geologically speaking it's a bit longer than 5 years. But one person think it means one year, another thinks it means several years. So even that simple element of a rule is unclear.

If I were drafting the rules,I'd start with a definition of the various Classic/Post Classic terms, just like they do in legislation. Once you have your definitions, you can then draft your rules without defining terms as you go along or leaving them open to interpretation.

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 06, 2014, 09:49:13 am »
Reading and participating on this forum does have benefits.  I don't get upset by what others may say, unless it get personnel.  Some of the things it has done is make me consider the term OEM.

Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM).  So if considering this correctly IMO any replacement parts should only come from the original manufacturer of the part.  So Maico forks should only be replaced by Maico, showa by showa, kayaba by kayaba etc, clearly this is not practical.  So in my opinion the word OEM should go, but I believe it should be replaced by components must come from EVO legal bikes (or something like that).  However there also needs to be provision for replica parts and for the purpose of safety improved parts (approved by MA). 

Something everyone needs to be aware of.  Any submissions to the MA Board RE the proposed rule changes are only likely to stop the introduction of the change/s not change it to something different.  Classic/Post Classic MX and DT are only a small part of what MA administers.  The Board have the minutes from every other commission to consider and probably other matters.  I believe they do want to change the way things have been done, but change will take time.

When the time is right I will put a submission in, but I will keep it simple and short.  It may be too late to go back to what many believe EVO should be, but hopefully we can stop it becoming UK and Dutch Twin Shock.

Kevin
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 11:19:49 am by KTM47 »
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 06, 2014, 10:05:54 am »
There's your challenge Kev, keep it short.

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2014, 10:23:57 am »
Doesn't "submissions" for rule changes have to be done by a club and not individuals?

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 06, 2014, 10:42:25 am »
Col  I have already said that.  I don't need to be reminded it is others.

Evo550  You need to read the whole post this isn't submissions for rule changes, this is comments on the proposed rule changes from the Commission minutes from the MAY 3&4 meeting.  The comments will go to the MA Board who will decided whether to make the recommended changes or at this stage leave things as they are.

If you want to read the minutes go to the MA website.  http://www.ma.org.au/

Kevin
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 06, 2014, 10:55:34 am »
I can't see EVO ever becoming like the Dutch twin shock class here. It's a totally different thing and you guys bandering that about are just scaremongering. Common sense says that Showa 43mm conventional forks should be legal for EVO (as they have been shown to be), it really is that simple. Some of you are happy to embrace the allowed modern components which all offer performance enhancements, right down to tapered handlebars, unbreakable levers & black modern rims with oversize stainless spokes etc, but can't get past this fork thing. Soon everyone will have to take their bikes in boxes & assemble them after scrutineering. If someone beats you on an EVO bike with CR480 forks fitted, it's because he was a better rider, nothing to do with the forks.
K

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 06, 2014, 11:30:07 am »
I can't see EVO ever becoming like the Dutch twin shock class here. It's a totally different thing and you guys bandering that about are just scaremongering. Common sense says that Showa 43mm conventional forks should be legal for EVO (as they have been shown to be), it really is that simple. Some of you are happy to embrace the allowed modern components which all offer performance enhancements, right down to tapered handlebars, unbreakable levers & black modern rims with oversize stainless spokes etc, but can't get past this fork thing. Soon everyone will have to take their bikes in boxes & assemble them after scrutineering. If someone beats you on an EVO bike with CR480 forks fitted, it's because he was a better rider, nothing to do with the forks.
K
I couldn't agree with you more Bigk...
How the hell modern style cartridge emulators which offer a performance advantage can be ok to use yet forks which look and perform exactly the same as YZ 465 forks are deemed illegal is beyond me.
That and the bullshit proposal of taking age groups away from Evo and giving them to Pre 85 just tells me our sport is not in good hands..!