Author Topic: Final Course set out for Harrow Vinduro now complete  (Read 13997 times)

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Final Course set out for Harrow Vinduro now complete
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2014, 09:52:34 am »
Why not rec rego? You can get an exemption/ event permit from Vic roads for nominated roads on the course. PM me if you need further details and contact at Vic Roads.

PM sent.
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline Ekka

• Legend
  • Go hard or go home
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2014, 01:09:56 pm »
Question Rod I've got full rego on my bike but they don't give rego labels no more so do I need the paper work to prove it cheers Ek

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2014, 01:27:50 pm »
Please have registration papers with you or you could send a copy with your entry form.
Autos are the way forward , see you round like a robot
Take the short cut, go Cross Country
The shortest distance between two points is Cross Country
CCM's and HL's bark like mad dogs

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2014, 09:22:10 pm »
NSW & ACT (and I presume other states) allow online rego status checks. IF there's reception/internet access at Harrow, that could work too.

Taking the rego papers would be the safer option though.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2014, 09:28:39 pm »
NSW & ACT (and I presume other states) allow online rego status checks. IF there's reception/internet access at Harrow, that could work too.

Taking the rego papers would be the safer option though.

Although present, reception strength is normally no where near good enough to be able to rely on for something so important and time consuming even you if you had direct internet access. The process isnt hard as you would know but check that *150 bikes and it becomes a big task.
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2014, 09:38:06 pm »
Please have registration papers with you or you could send a copy with your entry form.

Why do you need to provide proof of rego ? Is there some liability on VERI if a rider is participating on an unregistered bike ? (or did l miss where that was pointed out ?  ::) )

Buying kdx air cooled drum brake unitrak bikes and parts

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2014, 10:38:38 pm »
in Victoria, a regoed and licenced rider is covered by TAC insurance. many a collarbone and shoulder / knee has been repaired by TAC as the accident / incident occurred on a "public road". if you had a bingle and say smashed your knee and were found in the resulting investigation to be unregistered it is then your cost. your soliciter will then recommend you sue the sh*t out of the organisers for placing you in peril.. therefore they want you to prove you wont do that by ensuring your covered by TAC. easy isn't it. being unlicensed or unreg is fine until the lawyers get involved then it all goes pear shaped :o you probably know this.... ill go away

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2014, 08:44:56 am »

Why do you need to provide proof of rego ? Is there some liability on VERI if a rider is participating on an unregistered bike ? (or did l miss where that was pointed out ?  ::) )

This deserves its own thread, definitely separate from Harrow-specific discussion, and probably not even VERi specific.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2014, 09:17:05 am »

This deserves its own thread, definitely separate from Harrow-specific discussion, and probably not even VERi specific.

I don’t see that there is that much to discuss, if a club is running an event on public roads then the club has a right to check that only registered bikes and licenced riders are participating.
Any shenanigans in regards to these criteria will reflect back on said club.

The VERi club isn’t overly anal about anything, but we like to do things right and legal.

I remember showing rego papers and licence at Enduro’s all the time, even the Wonthaggi Six Hour wanted proof as it was for registered bikes only.

Nothing new here, move along
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2014, 09:44:45 am »
The now defunked blue light, Nolan rally and the kenda even go as far as to keep your license until the end of the ride to make sure every one makes it home.
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2014, 09:56:10 am »
didn't work at Hopetoun... all they did was ring my phone which was in the car! no helicopters, no search parties..they just sat around and ate all the food hoping I would turn up (so they could all go home I rekon!) :D ;D ;) no one was hurt and no animals were injured... I ran over two paddy melons tho ;D :D

Offline Viper79

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2014, 10:37:25 am »
There were four of us out there packing up the corse until 4.30, we would have found you......
QA50 KO, XR75 K5 Race bike from VMBA days, XR400R1, CRF450R3, RM400T, DR650SE with off road adventure mods, MX360A, YZ400D, YZ465H, IT250H, 1985 Jawa 897 Slider, 2016 Jawa/GM Slider

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2014, 12:33:31 pm »

I don’t see that there is that much to discuss, if a club is running an event on public roads then the club has a right to check that only registered bikes and licenced riders are participating.
Any shenanigans in regards to these criteria will reflect back on said club.

Thanks Geoff, that fully answers my question  :)

Buying kdx air cooled drum brake unitrak bikes and parts

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2014, 12:52:39 pm »
"There were four of us out there packing up the corse until 4.30, we would have found you......"

No you wouldn't cos I turned left at the first bitumen rd not the second rd so I was riding happily away from Hopetoun! my stupid brain only processed that instruction "turn left at the bitumen", not the obvious one that says turn left where the bloke with the nice vest is standing....

I rode 5 k's down the Lascelles road, 5 k's across to the main hwy when I realised what I had done and 15 k's back to the town... all up for the day I did ~13 out to the dump, 4 times 65k's and a further 20 odd back to camp..less the bit I missed by turning left too soon! wasn't a real issue as I had plenty of fuel left for another 10 - 15 k's so I could have made Lascelles!! :o

a great day in the sand

Offline Viper79

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2014, 02:35:11 pm »
                                         You did 4 laps!

Well done, you would have enjoyed the bitumen after 4 laps in the sand.

I'd had enough after riding the course for three days setting it up.
QA50 KO, XR75 K5 Race bike from VMBA days, XR400R1, CRF450R3, RM400T, DR650SE with off road adventure mods, MX360A, YZ400D, YZ465H, IT250H, 1985 Jawa 897 Slider, 2016 Jawa/GM Slider