Author Topic: Anyone racing this Saturday at QMP?  (Read 6832 times)

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone racing this Saturday at QMP?
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2014, 08:10:09 am »
Only 1 complaint, why has it turned from a "natural terrain" circuit on a lovely hill side into a "motocross" track cut into the hill?
Still as good days racing, even taught my son how to fall off a sidecar ;D

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2014, 08:25:23 am »
Is that why you kept "falling" off Vaughn.....LOL....a natural terrain track is only "natural" one time....continual use means it needs to be repaired otherwise it becomes to rough to ride on, if you used it once a year it would last a lot longer but still needing repairing/re-seeding to keep it in top shape.....unfortunately we don't have enough paddocks to do that with. There is also the cost factor.....you don't want to be paying $150 everytime you ride unless it's something special....yesterdays cost per rider at $60 each was a bargain.....hell, we even threw in the blue sky's and 27 degree temp for free.....where else are you going to get that in the middle of winter?
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2014, 08:35:30 am »
and left me on the hill for 2 hrs when I stood in for a flaggy "for 5 mins" >:(

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2014, 09:05:39 am »
I looked up there and saw a body so thought that Andrew must have found someone so I left it at that....thanks to your daughter [are you shore see is related to you?....looks to pretty and is very intelligent......must have your wifes genes] and yourself for filling in.....I can organise a flaggie spot for you next meeting if you like?....your son will get sick of getting "thrown" off the trolley.....LOL.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2014, 12:58:22 pm »
your son will get sick of getting "thrown" off the trolley.....LOL
Nah... he loved it and wants you to take him for a lap, should be easy for you, even with crutches. 

Offline kim80y

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2014, 08:41:51 pm »
Thanks to all involved for a great event. Had fun cruising around and getting a feel for it again after far too long away from the scene.
Seemed like there was a good turn out and everyone having a blast. Run quite smoothly with a good range of riders in very grid.
I was surprised so many people were on the line for the last race of the day, shows how much fun everyone was having!!!

Cheers, and again Thankyou to all those that put in the hard work to get it to what it was.
Cheers
Kim :) :) :) 8) 8) 8) Why don't we have dirtbike emocons???
vrooom vroom

Offline CraigBa

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2014, 09:32:50 pm »
Perfect day, track was great and the organisers, track marshals, food van and everyone involved once again put on a awesome event. Thank you.  :)

Cheers
Craig
"It is a thousand times better to have common sense without education than to have education without common sense".

MV Agusta Brutale
89 Honda CR125
89 Honda CR500