Author Topic: Admitting your addicted is half the battle.  (Read 7118 times)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: Admitting your addicted is half the battle.
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2014, 01:17:22 pm »
"Just tell her your minding it for a mate, cause if his misses found out he bought another bike she would hit the roof."

Until your lady asks his lady what are the boys doing with their " useless shed crap". 

Then the depth of shit your hopelessly wading blindly around in, grows exponentially.....
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

albrid-3

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 04:49:45 pm »
I have be addicted to vmx since 1990, and I am slowly weaning myself away from it. it can take over life, I just say its been there all the time, you just didn`t notice it, I also that my wife likes me to have vintage bikes.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 06:46:54 pm by Dave #14 »

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2014, 06:28:06 pm »
.........never keep receipts................
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2014, 06:42:05 pm »
Get your ebay purchases sent to work,and make sure your bikes are the same colour ie brand and just rotate them every three months between your shed and where you hide them at a friends place.

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2014, 06:44:02 pm »
Luckily I have a very supportive Girlfriend that likes the Vintage dirt bike scene.
She even suggested I buy my latest bike which is on a ship sitting halfway between Australia and the US
at this very moment   ;D

Offline pmc57

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2014, 08:52:40 pm »
I must be doing something wrong. I get nervous telling her the parts I bought on ebay have finally arrived from the states.  Giving her two glasses of shiraz first seems to take the edge off the parts but a whole bike is another issue entirely.
 If only the bikes were falcon GTHO's and I could say its for our retirement fund.

Shane don't undersell the mighty TS 185 mate  ;) its just lucky for us that we are visionaries' and have got in on the TS 185 action at ground level before the rest of the world realises and the values sky rocket  ;D

Bill

PS remember this

Surgery on a RM125S in the dirt, the poor little thing! Hopefully Stewy (Oldfart) looking on intently may have helped?

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2014, 09:26:25 pm »
Luckily I have a very supportive Girlfriend that likes the Vintage dirt bike scene.
She even suggested I buy my latest bike which is on a ship sitting halfway between Australia and the US
at this very moment   ;D

I also have a very understanding wife which is fortunate as she does all the banking, the only cash I get is from the odd welding or machining job for the local bike shop. Luckily, she thinks I know what I am doing and readily accepts any newcomers to the shed. She also doesn't care how much workshop equipment I buy - definitely a keeper ;D

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2014, 09:50:13 am »
All is good in my house. I have my addiction(s) in the shed and even 2 mini Xr's in the hallway. She fell in love with house, I wanted the shed, so it was all organised from the start that what is in the shed is my business and what is in the house is OUR business  ::)
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline asasin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2014, 10:14:34 am »
try and see things her way ! stare out the kitchen window for a while  ;D
 I am very lucky my wife and I have a Mormon type relationship with bikes ( like another wife it is ok) but race cars are like having a mistress!!!
If in doubt ,WIND IT OUT