Author Topic: Mini Sidecar  (Read 3019 times)

Offline Billet YZ

• Legend
  • Melton Victoria.
    • View Profile
Mini Sidecar
« on: April 12, 2014, 08:39:23 pm »
Hi all,
         just thought i would put up some photos of this mini sidecar i just bought. This sidecar was owned by a good mate of mine who passed away 18 months ago, his wife has slowly been clearing out his shed and knew that i would buy the sidecar if it ever came up for sale. I don`t know the history of this sidecar but i assume it was raced back in the day as a lot of work has gone into it, my mate bought it like this and his kids used it around the farm as they were growing up.

I cleaned the tank and the carby tonight as my boys are itching to take it for a spin, a few kicks later and it fired up and still sounds healthy. Needs a couple of new tyres and a good check over then let the fun begin, my 2 boys reckon they know how to ride the sidecar and won`t need my help so lets just see how this pans out. I`m tipping they are in for a rude shock, or a cartwheel or 2. Anyway if you know anything about this sidecar please let me know.    Peter.

YAMAHA  you know you want one !!!  Viper #50

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
Re: Mini Sidecar
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 08:50:18 pm »
what year is it pete 1978? Taylor Team sticker , maybe built by Geoff Taylor for his sons Darren and Cameron?
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Billet YZ

• Legend
  • Melton Victoria.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 09:08:18 pm »
what year is it pete 1978? Taylor Team sticker , maybe built by Geoff Taylor for his sons Darren and Cameron?

G`day Hoony,
                      by the frame number it`s a YZ80F 79 model. Same as this one.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 09:16:20 pm by Billet YZ »

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 09:54:11 pm »
Wow that thing looks the real deal! Certainly not some slap up yobbo build like most I've seen, you're boys probably would make an awesome outfit team, would be great to see them sliding the mini trolley around at broadford next weekend, after a bit of paddock practice of course  ;D :)
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline lama

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 10:04:31 pm »
Sidecar spectacular at Horsham on Anzac weekend all classes kids too

Offline Billet YZ

• Legend
  • Melton Victoria.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 10:13:22 pm »
Wow that thing looks the real deal! Certainly not some slap up yobbo build like most I've seen, you're boys probably would make an awesome outfit team, would be great to see them sliding the mini trolley around at broadford next weekend, after a bit of paddock practice of course  ;D :)

I will let them use it at the Viper Grasstrack later in the year, not sure if they would make it around the Broadford track but i`m sure they would have a go.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 09:12:23 am »
What a great bit of kit, rare as hens teeth, takes me back to the backyard stuff I used to swing on and ride at the Honda minibike club (cross keys) except ours were YZ80B's and YZ80C's I would luv to get my hands on 1 of those old girls. ah the memories, funny my 1st sidecar passenger and Cousin rocked up last weekend while working on my sidecar on his old Ducati 900  :)