Author Topic: Gloucester Motorycle Expo (Heaven RD 3)  (Read 40198 times)

HeavenVMX

Re: Gloucester Motorycle Expo (Heaven RD 3)
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2014, 05:26:32 pm »
Geez, i am glad you told me you were joking  >:( ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hey Scrivo, Pete(Yamaico) didn't enter an Alpina did he?  >:( ::) :o ;D ;D

Pete, I know you are bringing the 400  ride, but I hope you are bringing the RD as well,
it will make an awesome display, and that is something that this style of event/venue needs to showcase our world 8)
No Alpina entered

There is a show and shine at Gloucester (part of the Expo) and Heaven members will be encouraged to line their bikes up for 30-40min before practice for spectators to have look see 8)

Next Vinduro you should bring your Alpina and I'll bring the Montesa Cota348T and we can have the vintage equivalent of the KTM freerider ride off ;) 8)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 05:29:25 pm by HeavenVMX »

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2014, 05:59:52 pm »
Hey it sounds good :)

I know Gloucester had this event last year, great that Club Heaven have got into bed with them.
Reasonable assumption that this is set to grow as an annual Gloucester mecca pilgrimage, and hopefully including VMXer's on a regular per/an-um basis as well  ;D ;D ;D ;D :) :) :) ;D :) :) :) 8) this thing sounds cooler than snow flakes ;D

I have what I reckon are a few real unusual good sorts to display, but I only have two tracks on my trailer at the moment, one of them reserved to bring the Alpina home ::) a six bike capacity is close, but she isn't singing yet.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 07:30:57 pm by Mick D »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2014, 08:32:12 pm »
Geez, i am glad you told me you were joking  >:( ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hey Scrivo, Pete(Yamaico) didn't enter an Alpina did he?  >:( ::) :o ;D ;D hey theres a plan, is there any law that says you have to race with mudguards?

Pete, I know you are bringing the 400 to ride, but I hope you are bringing the RD as well,
it will make an awesome display, and that is an opportunity that this style of event/venue is begging for to showcase our world8)
I am hoping that some other interesting classics may turn up on display as well, even if they aren't intended for getting down & dirty.

I did plan on bringing the RD up Mick, but I don't think I'll have it sorted enough to race. And no, I didn't enter the Alpina :D :D

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2014, 06:24:39 am »
Rowey's ASTRO

HeavenVMX

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2014, 07:19:39 am »
Hey it sounds good :)

I know Gloucester had this event last year, great that Club Heaven have got into bed with them.
Reasonable assumption that this is set to grow as an annual Gloucester mecca pilgrimage, and hopefully including VMXer's on a regular per/an-um basis as well  ;D ;D ;D ;D :) :) :) ;D :) :) :) 8) this thing sounds cooler than snow flakes ;D

I have what I reckon are a few real unusual good sorts to display, but I only have two tracks on my trailer at the moment, one of them reserved to bring the Alpina home ::) a six bike capacity is close, but she isn't singing yet.
The Gloucester Rotary club runs the Motorcycle Expo as a fund raiser for motorcycle safety on local roads (Bucketts Way and Thunderbolts Way mainly). Last year they held a recreational ride for VMX bikes and asked MNSW to be involved. MNSW provided a representative to help organise and run the events.

Well done MNSW 8)

The Rotary Club wanted a race event to be a highlight of the weekend and asked MNSW how to go about it. MNSW recommended that they contact Heaven VMX and here we are. Gloucester Rotary Club and local Heaven Member Steve Relf have been a massive help.

again well done MNSW  8)
Well done Steve Relf  8) :) :)
Well done Gloucester Rotary club  8)

We would welcome anyone that wants to be part of the event to flag, help out, display bikes in the Ulysses Club show and shine. See the flyer at the top of this thread.

HeavenVMX

« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2014, 07:21:59 am »
Rowey's ASTRO
Greg and Dean are both entered so I hope they bring the Astro at least to display. I didn't know tthey had one.

Monty and Bully in the same shed :o  ;D ;D ;D ;D joking OK
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 07:23:59 am by HeavenVMX »

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2014, 08:31:53 am »
http://Big brother Grant owns the Astro
I think he has been an Astro fan since Jeff Lawrence had one in the mid 70's

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2014, 11:53:25 am »
Are you riding Darren?

Yes I will ride on saturday' I don't think the knee or the liver will be up for sunday.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 11:56:14 am by Sorelegs11 »
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

HeavenVMX

« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2014, 03:44:13 pm »
Are you riding Darren?

Yes I will ride on saturday' I don't think the knee or the liver will be up for sunday.

Flat track with three very small smooth jumps (will not even trouble the '58 model Jawas) equipment on hand to keep the track that way

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2014, 04:45:09 pm »
What no big USA ski jumps  ??? ;D
cant wait for this one  ;) is NBN going to be there  :o 8)

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2014, 05:40:20 pm »
Will there be a program/riders list/ comentator, so that the spectators know what is going on.?

Offline Ekka

• Legend
  • Go hard or go home
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2014, 06:04:06 pm »
With the expo side of things what sort of bikes do they get eg Indians, bsa etc

Offline relfy

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2014, 06:14:32 pm »
A variety of bikes are on display pending who wants to bring part of their collection , the motorcycle museum at Nabiac also bring along some of their bikes

Offline Moto

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2014, 06:25:17 pm »
Joel is taking his Astro, that will be two lovely bikes and one lonely Montesa.  ;D

Offline PCMAX

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2014, 07:36:27 pm »
Can anyone south of Sydney transport one bike to Gloucester for me? Happy to drop it around to your place during the week. Please PM me if you have a spare slot on your trailer.

Thanks
Peter
74 MX250A, 75 CR250, 82 CR125, 82 YZ250J, 84 XR250,