Author Topic: Gloucester Motorycle Expo (Heaven RD 3)  (Read 40181 times)

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Gloucester Motorycle Expo (Heaven RD 3)
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2014, 06:05:22 pm »
Would welcome any feedback with regards to Gloucester for next have suggested to Rotary Club maybe a swap meet and markets to attract more spectators, they were blown away with the success of the heaven event, cheers and thanks everyone for making this a great weekend.

Swap meet and markets would be good ideas but it would be very hard to improve on the actual event. What a great weekend - awesome track, great format that gave everyone a good chance, rocking good band on Saturday night. First Heaven event for me, but it won't be the last. All round great bunch of guys that made me and my wife very welcome. Can't believe I've been missing this all this time.
Thanks to everyone involved,
Pete.

Offline relfy

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2014, 06:29:54 pm »
Sounds good

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2014, 06:54:18 pm »
We were blessed to have the professional skills of Diana Hardman and Bill Forsyth capturing the real moments and sights,
But I just got to add this one

Nuh, just kidding ;D the Bulpina didn't have a snow flakes chance at Gloucester ::)
I borrowed Yamaico's trophy while he had his back turned ;D
There was some great competition in the show and shine, but the judges awarded it above all, to
Yamaico's RD Flat Tracker  8)

The RDT 350 is actually way better in the flesh than any pics to date.

And many thanks for safely delivering my Bulpina to its new home Pete and Jacquie(yamaico)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 07:42:54 pm by Mick D »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline SON

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2014, 07:47:45 pm »
Well deserved,
Even better that it was done at home from a dead bucket for minimal $$$$

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2014, 08:35:14 pm »
Well deserved,
Even better that it was done at home from a dead bucket for minimal $$$$

Brilliant.
Brilliant concept
Brilliantly executed
Brilliant result

Offline Ekka

• Legend
  • Go hard or go home
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2014, 09:47:09 pm »
Electric blanket on 3

Yes, and Ted did actually have an electric blanket ;D ;D ;D
Didn't need it wasn't that cold  :o plus how,s old mate who crashed on the finish line I hope is all good for him

Offline Paul Harris

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2014, 11:15:03 pm »
Had a ball - great way to get back to VMX after a few years off. The track was fun and I think everyone was ready to enjoy the weekend after the false starts. Great town, beautiful setting and friendly, positive people. And the band saturday night were way better than The Stones.

Offline FireKwaka

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
83 KX500, 83 RM250D, Can Am MX2.

HeavenVMX

« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2014, 11:30:37 pm »
Electric blanket on 3

Yes, and Ted did actually have an electric blanket ;D ;D ;D
Didn't need it wasn't that cold  :o plus how,s old mate who crashed on the finish line I hope is all good for him
Barry unfortunately has a minor (if you can use that word in this context) fracture of the pelvis.

He is a tough ex-speedway rider who didn't make a fuss at all really but the Ambo took a short look and called in the helicopter :o.

Barry is schedued for surgery tonight or more likely tommorrow morning to have two pins installed to go with the plate and screws on the others side of his hip. Like I said tough speedway rider. It was a very simple get off as they often are.

We all wish him a speedy recovery and hope his wife does not ban him from the track :-\

HeavenVMX

« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2014, 11:51:02 pm »
We hope everyone enjoyed the event in the end we had 107 riders sign on and take part. The Pre65 and Pre70s had a great roll up with a heap of new faces all round.

We have been invited to return next year with more riding under lights on the cards
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 06:08:33 pm by HeavenVMX »

Offline allan hughes

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2014, 07:03:58 am »
track looks good
old mate on the yellow yz
wins the blocking award

Offline Branchy

• B-Grade
  • husky 400 cross
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2014, 07:13:23 am »
A big thank you from the branch boys from port great weekend . Had a few teething problems with fuel on the ex Col Evans husky 400 cross #13 as col rode it but she come good at the night session .Now just got to sort the rider out (if that's possible)
See you guys again soon
Heaven Vmx +Gloucester Expo+All who set it up and attended=awsome  8)
maybe a trip to gloucester for those boy'z really know how to throw a party ps dont mention dungog (must be some old footy rivalry)

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 05, 2014, 09:06:28 am »
What a beautiful region, nestled in the foothills of the rapidly ascending Great Dividing Range, to then form highlands known as Barrington Tops. It is serviced by a route called "Bucketts Way", a length of 149 k's. It is a scenic favorite littered with cafe's, hotels, etc. It is a country road, in a lot of places it is a twisty winding dangerous road. As Deb my partner a senior triage nurse testifies, it has at times produced a steady stream of injury and carnage, in particular, motorcyclists.
What a wonderful warm community that is proactive to reduce these numbers through awareness to all road users and combined that with their support for the fight against depression and the sad toll that it also brings to bare.

Would welcome any feedback with regards to Gloucester for next have suggested to Rotary Club maybe a swap meet and markets to attract more spectators, they were blown away with the success of the heaven event, cheers and thanks everyone for making this a great weekend.
What a Great idea Steve. You certainly have the room, facilities and community-spirit for it. I haven't been to a swap meet without a crowd yet!  I had told no one about this. Now we have a feel and know what to expect, I for one know 50 or so motorcyclists in this Hunter Region, they are now on the mailing list for the next Gloucester Motorcycling Expo and swap meet.

Huummmm PS; I have a truck load of swap/sell crap that no longer interests me too.

And a big thanks and praise to the warm way your whole community accepted and supported ours.
Take a massive bow, a brilliant weekend of grass routes motorcycling. Thank you to all.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 09:51:03 am by Mick D »

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2014, 09:18:49 am »
You can watch me put a Green back into the donation slot! If you book that band again 8)

And I will leave my travel larder unpacked, now that I know how good the Gloucester tucker, grog and coffee is 8)

Offline cemotobull

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 05, 2014, 11:09:58 am »
Can some please post the racing results, looks like there was some close racing!