Author Topic: Another money grab from Ebay.  (Read 6810 times)

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Another money grab from Ebay.
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2014, 11:20:37 am »
The fees on greedbay are getting out of control. While I get all my consumable parts from aussie dealers (chains, sprockets, lubes, tyres etc.), when you need an obsolete part that can't be found for the love of money in Australia. Case in point, I've been looking for a filter cage (or complete airbox) for a PE250 for ages. I found a cage the other day which had buy now for US $19.90. Postage US $69 ! WTF Send the seller a message asking if this was right as I thought the postage cost was wrong. He replied they send everything via USPS flat rate boxes as all the packaging and labels are free to them.They don't have to weigh every item and it makes it easier for them to run their business...If I don't like the way they do business, please don't buy from us!
I refuse to pay $69 to post something that weighs next to nothing and will fit in a padded express bag. Bastards!

Cutting nose.......spite.........face  ;D ;)
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2014, 02:41:10 pm »
Forwarding agents are laughing!  and now some are     lowering     fees to undercut their opposition. All good for us.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Hardo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2014, 07:42:27 pm »
Above and beyond all this..... consumer choice and consumer actions always dictate the market.

If eBay prices themselves out of the market, then the consumers will go elsewhere.

That has pretty much never changed.
Unless a local bike shop 'sponsors' you - loyalty doesn't cut it in my books.