Author Topic: Classic Dirt - Believe the Hype  (Read 59736 times)

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Dirt - Believe the Hype
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2014, 08:49:16 pm »
yeah sent my form and email re keep park in, even though in unzud, used tourism angle
after going to all classic dirts will not be there this time, but great venue
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2014, 08:53:35 am »
Without sounding like a thicky, is there something in particular that the club wants these pollies to do ?

I assume it is to interject and resolve the differences between the parties to ensure the future of Green Park  :-\

On their website the club mentions a form letter attached, but I can't see it.  I will post my version of things up in the hope it helps others.

This is what I have so far ...  Hopefully the facts are correct

Good Morning Jenny, Andrew and Andrew,

It is with significant concern that I write to you today about the future of Green Park, Connondale as a motorcycle recreation facility.  In recent times I have watched the Sunshine Coast Motorcycle Club struggle with the many issues they have had to deal with, all as a direct result of the new trustees of Green Park.  As you may be aware, this relationship has now deteriorated to a point where the trustees have served the club with a breach of the lease.

The trustees do not seem at all interested in the heritage of more than 30 years of motorcycling events, nor the enjoyment that this park has provided many thousands of participants and spectators over this time.   I am concerned that the trustees did not attend a mediation session regarding the alleged breach of lease, and by the fact that they further issued the club with documentation that is (I suspect by design) completely unworkable.

It would seem to me that the new Trustees of Green park are intent on closing down the park or significantly changing its use.  This is not an acceptable outcome to myself or thousands of others.

I have participated in many events at the Green Park venue and I am very much looking forward to the Classic Dirt event to be held in early June.  This event is the biggest non competitive event on the Australian dirt bike calendar and Green park has been chosen as the favoured venue for 4 of the last 5 events.  Many hundreds of people from all over Australia come to visit the Sunshine Coast area to attend this event.  I'm sure you understand the knock-on effect of this event alone for the area let alone all the other events that occur there throughout the year.  If this unique venue is lost to the dirt biking community the knock-on effects of all these events will be lost, not only to the Sunshine Coast area, but potentially to Queensland altogether.  I'm sure you'd agree this would be a travesty.   I say the venue is unique as there is nowhere else in Australia like it.  It simply canot be lost to the motorcycling community.

Can I please ask , in the interests of thousands in the motorcycling community, that all of you interject and do whatever you can to help resolve the issues between these two parties to protect the future of Green Park forever for use by current and future generations of motor cycle enthusiasts.

If you wish to contact me to discuss the matter further, please feel free to reply here.

Thank you for your time

« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 10:20:13 am by YZ250H »
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2014, 08:17:48 pm »
OK, a huge thank you to all the people who have filled out the survey and sent emails.  Please keep filling out the survey. 

CD10 and AMX has been given a state government guarantee they will be able to be run.

No question CD10 is going ahead, so get your entries in and lets make this our showcase event for our sport.  Please pass this on to your friends. 

We will have some VIPs invited to CD that we need to impress so please go out of your way to talk to them.

So now this is out of the way.  What are you bringing?  I might drag out my SWM, Oh all right its the only bike I have  :-[               
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline maca60

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2014, 09:50:58 pm »
Bringing 1974 tm125 and two 77 rm125b's in our camp

Offline gra1961

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2014, 07:30:49 am »
hows entries looking?

Offline PEZBerq

• Legend
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2014, 07:40:16 pm »
Yes....20 days to go and not much hype at all on here. How are the entries looking?. Has the good weather been booked.....oh it's Queensland so of course 8)
Husqvarnas: 78 390AMX, 82 430XC, 84 240WR, 84 500AE, 84 510TE, 87 510TE

Offline Berwick Boy

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2014, 05:44:54 pm »

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2014, 09:31:55 pm »
That's pretty spot on Roger, just need the Rodeo and beer.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2014, 10:42:17 pm »
Thanks Roger. Looks like the best place to live.  The van will be there again.  When you sent me that My daughter said, "Daddy Tell me you don't hang your out your underpants for all to see :-[" I said "well it's in the drawing and Roger doesn't exaggerate"           

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2014, 08:37:27 pm »
The track has been cleaned up and ripped by our tame dozer driver, we call him Fruitcake. 

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2014, 08:04:31 pm »
Are entry's still open or sold out?
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2014, 11:07:19 pm »
For you Bazza, I'm sure you'll get the star treatment.....be good to catch up.....book your ticket.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline euro bikes

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2014, 05:55:07 pm »
Started sorting out the pre 78 track today ,it will be all grass with a big berm and some dropoffs maybe ,trying to make it a flowing track .

Simo63

« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2014, 06:48:26 pm »
Started sorting out the pre 78 track today ,it will be all grass with a big berm and some dropoffs maybe ,trying to make it a flowing track .

Awesome work Jeff :)

Offline pmc57

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2014, 06:23:52 pm »
So what or where is the hype??

It seems very quiet on the forum compared to pre other CD events. I'm packed, sorted and ready to go, I hope there's going to be a turn out worthy of CD and similar to or better than past Conondale CD event.