Author Topic: Classic Dirt - Believe the Hype  (Read 59718 times)

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Dirt - Believe the Hype
« Reply #135 on: June 20, 2014, 10:10:02 pm »

Absolutely gutted, been looking forward to this for 12 months and picked up a dose of the flu about a week ago and have been stuck in bed since tuesday, first day up today but all to late, have to be next year. Stuff Murphy and his friggin' law.
                                                                                    Zane
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline pmc57

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 22, 2014, 06:54:20 pm »

Home tonight after a great weekend at CD10. Everything was superb, the weather, the tracks and all the friendly faces.
My highlights were the vinduro loops (both easy and hard) where I could let my XL250 do it's thing and the pre78 mx track where my RM250B just loved it's embrace.

Extra thanks to all the organisers from VMC mag, Sunshine Coast MCC, Yamaha and all the other sponsors and helpers.

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #137 on: June 22, 2014, 07:14:17 pm »
Ditto .

Extra thanks to all the organisers from VMC mag, Sunshine Coast MCC, Yamaha and all the other sponsors and helpers.
Well done.

Seen some old faces and met some new ones.  rattled my bones loose  moved some parts on to people who needed them more than me but mostly, just enjoyed the vibe of CD10.
 Brilliant weekend with brilliant machines and brilliant people.

mainline

« Reply #138 on: June 22, 2014, 08:50:39 pm »
A great weekend all round. Tracks were excellent, great vibe and people. Got to ride some cool bikes and marvel at Mr Barsby's mechanical prowess ;D

Thanks to those that put in what was obviously a massive effort to get the venue this good yet again!

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 22, 2014, 11:04:14 pm »
Awesome weekend, meet Pokey, MickD and a few other new faces, caught up with some good old mates, CD is alive and well, 377 riders at last count with plenty of day trippers/hangers on, some beautiful new bikes out for the first time [one was the Hampsters SWM250 in blue....big chicken was to scared to ride it in case he scratched the paint on the tank...LOL].....Watching Deacon [D] and Army [3] going for it today in the legends laps was worth the price of entry, Robert Scott was punting along very well too, Ballard was making his Maico dance all around the track and the ever present Laurie Alderton still blasting around at 76 years young.....everybody was asking.."where's Ted?"....unfortunately he threw a heart muscle [typical Manly supporter]....still, the organisers where happy he didn't show and cause any damage to the underground plumbing...again...LOL. A big thanks to the Sunshine Coast Motorcycle Club, VMX magazine, the legends, all the people that came [especially those that travelled from far, I spoke with a few boy's from Cairn's....2,000km's each way], all the workers and in general everyone that came, all smiles and happy people. I saw a few DT250B orange tankers riding around, that was my first ever new bike, bought back some great memories of the mid 70's and a few life experiences, lots of trail bikes. I think they may have set a new world record for one event.....2 MX tracks, a trials course, a grasstrack flat track, a enduro loop [easy/hard] all operating at the same time, well done. O'l Billy Forsyth still wobbling around with his trusty box brownie snapping at anything that moved. Best thing about it is we all get to go back in 2 months time for the Conondale Classic, bring it on, cheers.....BTW , a big thanks to the Fox's for looking after the old cripple [me] for the weekend.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 23, 2014, 09:22:07 am »
WOW back home and getting ready for work , Did I really go to CD10 or was it just a dream . I had a great time big thanks to Tent peg Tony Barsby ,aka YZ250H. For putting me up for the weekend and suppling everything for me including transfers and accomadation ,thanks Mate . The vandy brothers and mainline for providing plenty of free entertainment in the camp and letting me ride there bikes also thanks boys . And to the VMX crew and everyone who set up and run the event well done it was a cracker . Hilly.
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline Branchy

• B-Grade
  • husky 400 cross
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 23, 2014, 09:26:49 am »
desciption of CD10 .................AWSOME

Big thankyou to the people that made it happen and for the experience .
they even have Tooheys New on tap at the Hotel Maleny... go the blues(gloating.. for now anyway)

Branchy  8) and Deaney  8)
maybe a trip to gloucester for those boy'z really know how to throw a party ps dont mention dungog (must be some old footy rivalry)

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 23, 2014, 04:20:49 pm »
Top weekend thanks all, and even JT got to test out our smoke alarm in the caravan ! Yep it works  :)
My fastest lap is the first one :)

oldfart

« Reply #143 on: June 23, 2014, 05:56:36 pm »
Friday morning ..... YZ Hilly   checking his ride to see if has spark  ..... 

« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 06:00:46 pm by oldfart »

oldfart

« Reply #144 on: June 23, 2014, 06:06:24 pm »
Joan  ..... crutch less

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 23, 2014, 06:13:35 pm »
Did somebody saw his legs off during the night?
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 23, 2014, 06:21:43 pm »
Did somebody saw his legs off during the night?
good one Ted ;D short jeans or long shorts :-\

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 23, 2014, 06:34:26 pm »
Friday morning ..... YZ Hilly   checking his ride to see if has spark  ..... 

It's got spark alright. He just removed the countershaft sprocket cover so he can ride it 8) much to the amazement of the two hillbillies to his right ;D

81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Doc

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #148 on: June 23, 2014, 06:53:40 pm »

Offline Doc

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • FB