Author Topic: FIRES IN VIC  (Read 7134 times)

Offline 500Fool

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: FIRES IN VIC
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2014, 08:21:43 pm »
Think about what you are saying before you post utter shit.
????????????????????????
I have thought about it, especially what went on 5 years ago. My summer job is fire work, I do see what goes on both as a rural resident and professional fire fighter.

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2014, 08:36:23 pm »
So as a professional fire fighter you can tell me the warnning that we received that the fire was going to hit us .Im sure the people that lost loved ones and freinds would love to know .Maybe have a read of the Royal Commisions report .
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2014, 08:46:20 pm »
And as a matter of interest whome would you be a professionlal fire fighter with ?

Offline 500Fool

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2014, 09:13:10 pm »
GDR on any of the bad days there are many fires in many areas, the one's in the know do their best to let people know where the danger areas are. On the weekend there were over 70 fires from one end of the State to the other, if you saw any media you would have seen warnings. With that many fires not every household can be identified and warned in advance.
On Black Saturday there were hundreds of fires and if you remember the media was non stop warnings. The conditions were forcast and warned. 
Everybody must take some responsibility and if it looks dodgy get out, warned or not get out. In bad situations/areas you cannot save your house and property, get out.
Any loss of life is tragic.

I fly a water bomber based in Vic. I work all over the State, in 2009 I worked from the SA border to the high country in the East on fires started on the 7th of Feb. This year I have been busy from the coast through the Gramps and up into the desert.

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2014, 09:28:06 pm »
With no power ,no internet where did we get the warnings from ? At presant as far as saying the phone warnings are old when we get them ,i get the warnings before the trucks even get there seems to work great at the moment ,just gives us a heads up on whats going on around us

Offline 500Fool

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2014, 09:31:22 pm »
 ABC local radio give warnings, battery powered radio would be your best bet in remote areas.

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2014, 09:59:46 pm »
In typical newsreel fashion here’s some file photo’s of a fire near us 12 months ago

Geoff I don't know how to break this to you, but they are actually photos of a helicopter. Are you suffering from smoke inhalation?  :o

I find that the Vic Emergency website is pretty good as far as info goes. It's not that good on older browsers, but I find Chrome is ok. There's a text version that I use for my (not so) smart phone too.

A lot of smoke just hanging around Melbourne and up here near Clunes as well.

Tex

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2014, 10:31:01 pm »
In typical newsreel fashion here’s some file photo’s of a fire near us 12 months ago

Geoff I don't know how to break this to you, but they are actually photos of a helicopter. Are you suffering from smoke inhalation?  :o

Tex

;D
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2014, 11:22:26 pm »

Tex

Bloody funny bastard

Well I have been suffering from the smoke actually, been breathing it the last couple of days

G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Tony T

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2014, 06:32:34 pm »
Let's hope all you folks get the rain that we got today..... and more!