Author Topic: aussie dirt track nats 2008  (Read 9616 times)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Re: aussie dirt track nats 2008
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2008, 12:25:02 pm »
Well, it's now just a few weeks until the 2008 Classic DT Championships here in Canberra. The local club have been putting a lot into this event with particular attention to making the track just right on the day. It should be a top weekend - it's a fun track to ride and spectators have a great view from the top of the circuit.

From what I've heard, entries have been pretty slow. Remember, closing date is only a week away (14th August), so you should get into gear and send that entry away right now. You can download the supp regs/entry from the DT Championships page here: http://www.ozvmx.com/whatson/08-dt-nats.htm

By the way, if you don't have a national licence and want to use a one day competition licence, you'll need to get the paperwork in asap as MA require 21 days to process. If you add that to post times and other admin overheads it means you probably need to send in your entry and application right now to avoid things going pear shaped.

Even I (notoriously late enterer) am going to enter today. Haven't got a going bike yet, but hey, whats a national event without getting the bike finished the night before? My big question is, do I have any competition in the Pre 75 125cc stakes? Now, given my DT riding ability extends to being able to actually complete most of the laps in a race, and I am on a TM125 that has so many things changed on it that I have no idea if it'll even go, I'm kinda hoping for no other entries. Anyone racing in that class?

I guess that Mr Meyers will be riding in every class they have, so he *might* be a source of competition. I'll make a public plea - Dennis, wear a NEW jersey!!! I have photos from races in 2002 where you were wearing that rotten old blue one.

Wish I'd kept one of my TT500s, I'd love to have a ride in the support class too. Still, it'll be good to see a whole bunch of the old thumpers out there on the track. Any takers for that class?

By the way, I've heard they are trying to organise decent temperatures for the day. Hope they have some luck with that!!!

Rosco400

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2008, 02:09:24 pm »
Hi Pat
Rang Darylene today to enquire about riding up a class before sending in entry i.e. can pre 70 Maico 250 ride with Pre 75 250 and Pre 78 400 ride in pre 85 open, hoping its allowed but guessing its not :-\
Regards
Ross

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2008, 06:21:25 pm »
I'll be bringing  the XT500 for pre'78 and support races
as well as the pre'78 CR125,
unfortunately may not have the pre'75 250 back together after doing yet another gearbox at CRC,
Cheers
Noel

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2008, 07:32:48 pm »
So the racing is only on sunday ? how many races per class ? and sat is just for practice yes ?

I just bought an ambo ( i think) , so im committed to go if i can get it back to SA in time, ill bring a 250 Flat tracker, the TM250 and either a 360 or 500 mxer.

Whats the next step do i need accomadaton or you think il last then night in the van ( or is it shit cold over there ?
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2008, 08:34:27 pm »
Not sure about the program - the regs say practice and racing both days. Maybe Pat will clarify?

Next step? Send in your entry, then come on over. Accommodation is up to you, plenty of places to stay right near the track, camp over if you are real tough (it's cold at nights - probably anything from 0 to -4).

There's a link to some accommodation info on the DT Nats page:

http://www.ozvmx.com/whatson/08-dt-nats.htm

Offline elsie 125

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2008, 09:34:57 pm »
 Hi all, hope you can make it to canberra, there will be practice and racing saturday, and racing sunday, hope weather warms up, have been busy with our complex, entries are slooow, so hopefully you all can get them in.
Will have to see the level 4 race sec for this event about riding up a class rosco,
Hope you can make the trip up freaky, could be a couple of caravans out at the track to stay infreaky, let you know, cheers Pat

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2008, 03:43:17 pm »
i fly out friday to Sydney to pick up this ambo, so im in, ill do a test run via yass to time my run so i make the sat morning.  Should all work well.   Racing the weekend before and the bikes are struggling now so ill have to rethink what im packing but ill definatley be there as it stands now, will try to DL entry and post somthing off before next week.

Ill deal with the accomadation next week to.. ANy ideas welcomed :O) im on a budget.
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2008, 06:10:54 pm »
I'll be camping  at the track,
Fire ,BBQ and Bullshit,
and three sleeping bags,
Cheers
Noel

oz555ktm

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2008, 09:31:01 pm »
well that make two and I live Hear.
I will bring a long some Old Dirt track and speed way DVD .
Will show them on saturday nigth .
The Old Man has just left me 4 galons of Home made wine .
So I mite bring that to warm up all the campers .

Offline elsie 125

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2008, 09:54:29 pm »
sounds good Dennis, I and a few others will be camping also, see you at the heaven vmx saturday, here in canberra

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2008, 02:04:16 pm »
Looks like ill be passing through luch Fri. Can you see the NAt track from the road or is it possible to take a look at the track from some vantage point, so i can get an idea of what you guys mean about uphill rise and how big it is pyhsically ?

if so whats the address details  to find it, i tried google and no park came up.
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline elsie 125

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2008, 05:38:55 pm »
hey freaky, my phone number is 0419 905 410,  give me a ring and I will meet you at the track and let you in.. 
depending on which way your coming , if from sydney to yass, exit left to canberra, just past goulburn, go all the way to just outside  ACT border, about 80ks and turn left to Queanbeyan
 follow that road all the way to the end, about 15 ks and turn right
about 200 meters on the right is the entrance to fairburn park, you will see the sign, cheers Pat Pither

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2008, 08:29:24 pm »
Treid you number today , NO answer :O) then I spoke to a darylene and she gave me a number of a karen to call to let me in ?

ill be around after lunch 1-2 ish, if i can have a quick sticky beak

and i also have a completed entry form and cheque with me so all being well i can give it to whoever meets me there ?

im on 0408843490 also see you tomorrow then
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 08:31:52 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline elsie 125

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2008, 11:35:20 pm »
hey freaky, got your number in my phone, got 1 missed call today 2.30 private number, was in spray booth painting car, ring me tomorrow when your here and I can come straight over, I am 10 minutes from track from work

Offline elsie 125

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2008, 08:24:56 pm »
everyone got there entries in 4 the dirt track nats, entries closing thursday, will there be enough to run the event