Author Topic: 2014 Norths Dirt Track Series @ Nepean  (Read 15218 times)

Offline Purple Dave

• A-Grade
  • Just call me...ALVIN !!....courtesy of Slides 29 !
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Norths Dirt Track Series @ Nepean
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2014, 09:12:40 pm »
Alvin is GO !!.............emailed entry tonight....... 8)
Dirt Track Racer late 60's/throughout 70's

Offline hagon412

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2014, 07:45:06 am »
Hi Guys;
Just a couple of questions RE Norths.
I have a disk braked 125 pre 90' and a non disk braked 250 pre 75', what classes are available to run in, also will there be a 50 years plus class?
Also the age old debate question (not requesting a debate though). Will sliders be able to run with mx's?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 08:32:45 am by hagon412 »

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2014, 08:57:02 am »
hagon you are goinng to be a busy boy. Print/look at entry form link is at the top of page 1 it may help you if not #19 (shaun) will be able to answer your question better than me but i can tell you that a lot of blokes will ride up a class eg retro lite disc 125 will ride up in retro 250 and classic 250 drum will ride up in classic open. as for the GREAT dedate sliders ride in their class only but have two rides in the program that`s how the city of penrith run but it could be different with norths anyhow should be a good meet and it`s great to see the norths club back at dirt track.

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2014, 06:43:17 am »
Hi just a quick update on our first round.

We have received a great roll up in the classic classes with 3 already at 1 full grid. I haven't cleared the post box for a week so there may be more there too.

At this stage we are not taking any entries on the day as I don't have the manpower to do a full sign on. So a pre entry is the only way to guarrantee a ride at this stage. I have sent an email to the entries I've processed to date so if you think you should of heard from me and haven't please let me know either by PM or at [email protected]

Cheers
Shaun

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2014, 09:53:04 am »
Just over one week to go before we kick off the 2014 Dirt Track season at Nepean so I thought I would post a quick update on how the entries are looking.

We have had a great response to the new race class format.

The Classic 250, Classic Open and Classic Masters classes have already received enough entries to run 2 grids in each which means these classes will definitely be run as heats and a final. All of the other classic classes have received enough for a single grid and at this stage will be run over point scored rounds. This may change if we receive a few more entries to make a second grid in some classes. At this stage though we may have to combine some of the Pre '90 classes as numbers are a little low in these. Meanwhile Juniors and Sidecars are in danger of being cancelled due to lack of entries. A decision will be made on these classes next Monday. We will not be running classes with insufficient entries.

Modern classes are looking okay but there is still a bit of room in Pro Lites. These classes will be restricted to the first 12 entries only.

We will be running a sign on and scrutineering on Saturday afternoon to try and lighten the load on Sunday morning. Camping will be available on Saturday night.

Cheers
Shaun
Secretary - Northern Districts MCC

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2014, 06:20:40 pm »
Where are all the PRE90 blokes?  ::)
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2014, 11:03:03 am »
!st event for Norths run and won, a great casual days racing with different winners in most heats which made for a lot of satisfied riders.
While there was a few of the regular holdups, water, ambo, the track was at its best.
Congratulations  and thanks to Shaun and the rest of the club committee for an enjoyable days riding.

Purple Dave could not win a trick, the sc loosing some compression, the loaner bike fouling a plug before the start and his goggles going south before he could get to the start in the final round.
Hope you had better luck at Star City Dave.  ;D

Only 4 weeks till the first CPMCC round, YEHAA!

Offline Dono113

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2014, 01:23:52 pm »
Top work Shaun, big thanks to your family for helping out too, as well as Roosta and the boys! Shout out to Steve Adamson get well soon champ( ribs are a bitch) looking foward to Penrith on 23rd, hpefully I dont over take my own bike again down the straight :o
1983 CR125R
2003 CRF450R
CB750K1
2005 YZ85
1969 TS 250

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2014, 02:21:31 pm »
Alvin is GO !!.............emailed entry tonight....... 8)
[/quote

What happened? Alvin wasn't go??

Did you get it fixed for the next one?
 cheers pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2014, 05:32:17 pm »
Race 1 Alvin gets the holeshot and is off like a brides nighty, holding off all and sundry but like a couple of us, kept the shitko's on after the bayliss weekend and they failed at the crucial moment,slid a a bit wide in the bends 1st lap.  :( :o
He definately lived up to his promise of getting the starts right.  8) ;)

Offline SlideRulz

• A-Grade
  • Not anti social just anti idiot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2014, 06:26:01 pm »
St George first round next weekend.

Offline cemotobull

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2014, 07:06:04 pm »
What an awesome day. Well done to Northern Districts for bringing the classics back to Nepean. Such a relaxed vibe and great bunch of people with close racing! It's great to bring fun back to a meet!!

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2014, 09:41:28 pm »
On behalf of Northern Districts MCC thank you to all the people that made our return to race day promotion such a success.

The amount of effort put in by people such as Roy, Aldo and Rob from the Penrith club was simply astounding. These guy's got the track prepared to the best race condition it has been in years and all to assist another club. I can't thank you fellas enough.

The officials who gave up their time to run the meeting. Leon as Steward, Mick as CoC and Tommy as Scrutineer a big thank you too. All of these guy's also put the effort in to help another club. 

Our sensational lap score team led by my daughter Elyse and ably assisted by Mel and Carolyn thank you for doing the hardest job of the day. FFS fellas clean your number plates!!! BTW Back numbers would help too!

Also thank you to our flaggies for the day I hope you enjoyed your track side vantage points.

And finally to the riders. Thank you for being there and also for understanding that sometimes despite our best planning things happen that mean we need to adapt and change our plans.

We learned a lot from this experience and you can be sure that our next meeting will be even better for the run  ;)

In the mean time Vintage Dirt Track will once again be showcased in a months time at the City of Penrith meeting on March 23. This event is PRE ENTRY ONLY and judging by the fields we ran yesterday there will be some classes that will be full very quickly. You can enter here http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-7052-0-0-0&sID=275861

Cheers
Shaun

Offline Purple Dave

• A-Grade
  • Just call me...ALVIN !!....courtesy of Slides 29 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2014, 09:04:24 pm »
I totally agree that the track was the best I've seen it since my return, so everyone needs to be thanked...............Pancho, it looks like I've picked up your baton !!........THE HOLESHOT !!, but I found a false neutral into the top corner........DRAT !! :o.........I still have plenty to work on, but we are making progress every meeting..........Thanks also to Sorelegs11, for offering me his 400 Yammie after the SC 500 expired...........much appreciated Darren.. :)
As for Mia and My trip to Star City, after a slow start I came home strong in the ROULETTE STAKES and to top it off they upgraded our room to a Penthouse, with a great view of the COAT HANGER......Very Nice........ 8)
Hopefully not to much to fix on the SC 500, so Alvin will be GO !!.........AGAIN on 23 March !! ;D
As we left early Shaun, could you post the final results for the day, and once again WELL DONE........ :D
Dirt Track Racer late 60's/throughout 70's

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2014, 10:10:43 pm »
had a great day thanks to all those who organized and ran the day.aldo was great with the checkered flag
jim
now to get some brakes for the triumph to get it to stop.also need to stop getting neutrals in the gearbox