Author Topic: Goulburn swapmeet  (Read 4242 times)

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
Goulburn swapmeet
« on: January 16, 2014, 05:19:08 PM »
G,day viewers just wondering if anyone is going to the Goulburn motorcycle swap meet this Sunday. Jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Goulburn swapmeet
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 09:30:34 PM »

Thanks  Jimson ....

I am Now that you let me Know ...  Thanks Old Mate see ya there ...
And Please forgive me as I cant Spell for Shit ...
And I have very Bad Gramer ...too I been told ......

Offline BETRIC

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 11:03:52 AM »
Yes I will be there selling.
DELTEK, 72 MINI TRAIL, 73/4 XR75, 77/78 XR75, DG MONOSHOCK FRAME XR75, REDLINE FRAME XR75, PK RACING MONOSHOCK FRAME XR75, JWRP XR FRAME, SL70K1, 81 CR80RB, TY80A/B, YZ80A/B/D, GT50/80A, GTMX80A, 73 GTMX, GT1, COOPER MX, COOPER ENDURO,MX360A,MX250B,YZ125X MX100, 72 XL250, TC100,TL125, TY250C,IT250J

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 01:41:16 PM »
Okay lads see you there. Buying selling looking  8) Jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline Paul552

• Legend
  • HEAVEN #552
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 08:52:36 PM »
Is this worth going to?
Spare day tomorrow so I might go for a look
'77 YZ125D '84 CR250RE '89 CR250RK '84 CR80RE  '09 YZ250F

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 09:10:51 PM »
I went to a Goulburn swap meet years ago. Thought I'd get there early Sunday morning for all the bargains. Nothing left. Was all sold on the Saturday. Wasn't even supposed to be open Saturday. I wouldn't waste my time Paul. It's your call though.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 02:55:55 PM »
I went to a Goulburn swap meet years ago. Thought I'd get there early Sunday morning for all the bargains. Nothing left. Was all sold on the Saturday. Wasn't even supposed to be open Saturday. I wouldn't waste my time Paul. It's your call though.

Perhaps you went to the wrong place Ted or not early enough. :D

Just got back from another great Goulburn swapmeet. I've been going to this one for many many years and this year was brilliant again. Arrived again at sparrows fart to collect these goodies.

IT/YZ250/465 CLUTCH COVER

IT175J/K IT200 CLUTCH COVER

They are just some of the goodies found and if I told you what I paid for them you'd probably blush. There was plenty of pommie stuff, a heap of trail bike stuff, an RM250C, stacks of DT1 parts the list goes on. Finding these rare parts really makes it worth getting up at 4:00 am to make the trip.
I'm off to the shed to drool over my Nos.
Let's face it some dirt bikes were never meant to be ridden.

Offline BETRIC

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 06:12:20 AM »
I was at the Goulburn swapmeet all weekend, yes there were some good buys on Saturday, the place was packed by the afternoon , I did most of my sales an Sunday, my RM250D had plenty of interest, (still not sold) late Sunday morning I found a seller with NOS TY250C - YZ250B - TT500 - MX/YZ250 flywheel covers, very happy with the prices paid for them, ;), been looking for a TY flywheel cover for long time, it was one of the best Goulburn swapmeets I have been to in recent years.
DELTEK, 72 MINI TRAIL, 73/4 XR75, 77/78 XR75, DG MONOSHOCK FRAME XR75, REDLINE FRAME XR75, PK RACING MONOSHOCK FRAME XR75, JWRP XR FRAME, SL70K1, 81 CR80RB, TY80A/B, YZ80A/B/D, GT50/80A, GTMX80A, 73 GTMX, GT1, COOPER MX, COOPER ENDURO,MX360A,MX250B,YZ125X MX100, 72 XL250, TC100,TL125, TY250C,IT250J

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 09:58:20 AM »
I had a similar experience a few years ago and to me it looked as if there's a Secret Squirrels, nudge nudge, wink wink thing happening with the vendors picking the eyes out of each others stuff before the paying punters were admitted. I'm glad the swapmeet is still offering up the odd bargain though, I thought eBay killed the Swapmeet but there must still be life in the concept yet.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 10:17:38 AM »
The Gatton swapmeet up here was going the same way.....started out Sat/Sun, then went Fri/Sat...only problem was all the good deals where done on Thursday when there was no trading......and it was all over by Sat 11am....what the.....they have now gone back to Sat/Sun.....I find theres not much at swaps anymore....ebay gets better prices without the hassle. Most stuff at swaps is either too dear or just plan shit that's been dragged from swap to swap....having said that, there are the occasional bargins and it's good to catch up with mates.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 10:51:55 AM »
Most stuff at swaps is either too dear or just plan shit that's been dragged from swap to swap..
There's a bloke who's been selling rusty old Brit and early Japanese roadie parts for as long as I can remember.....at least going back to the old Blacktown Swapmeet in the 80's. For much of that time he's had a Maico square barrel clutch cover with something like $250 on it.... He's had the same spiel for it for years..."It's really hard to find these things, only a couple came into the country so it's cheap at $250" but he doesn't even know what model its off. He thinks its off a 125 and when I try and explain what it is he brushes me off as not knowing what I'm talking about. If he's had that Maico cover on his table for that long, how long has he been flogging off the same old Brit gearbox parts and rusty clutch plates? As a potential buyer I don't bother with Swapmeets any more but might consider setting up a stall at Goulburn to sell some of my superfluous crap next year. 
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 10:53:32 AM »
I had a similar experience a few years ago and to me it looked as if there's a Secret Squirrels, nudge nudge, wink wink thing happening with the vendors picking the eyes out of each others stuff before the paying punters were admitted. I'm glad the swapmeet is still offering up the odd bargain though, I thought eBay killed the Swapmeet but there must still be life in the concept yet.

And they appear to be still doing it. Advertised start 6am Sunday. But as you can see by Betrics comment, packed Saturday. WTF
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline ty4

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2014, 11:56:53 AM »
i have had more luck at the smaller one day swapmeets BUT you still have to be there at sparrows..me and a mate left at 3.30 am to be at Sale by 6 ish and still missed stuff

grabbed this lot and missed an RM125 B project

it's still out there

cheers

tony

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2014, 12:05:28 PM »
I ran a swap at morriset for ten years with the last one in2010,a lot of the vendors are tooo much hard work expecting way to much for the $15 site fee and can't commit to turning up and the numbers fell off in the last few years so after taking a hit for 2 in a row I gave up.

Goulborn has been good to me over the last few years as a vendor and for finding a nfew bits. but the horse trading at ANY swap starts as soon as you pull up, no one is dumb enough to hold something for an extra day if they can move it now.
I would have gone but it clashed with the TBC and just like getting a good spot on the hill it pays to get to the swap the day before.
A lot of blokes get a site and just camp the night before to be sure to get the good stuff and it is not uncomon to see the "experts" buying cheap off the bloke around the corner and marking it up to resell the next day.
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 03:06:55 PM »
it's a bit like garage sales - the couple I have run you advertise a start time and people are lining up hours before and knocking on the door and and and.  Even got to the point where we purchased a pre paid sim card as people were calling the home number the day before - despite stating start times and dates.
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica