Author Topic: what shocks to buy  (Read 12458 times)

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
Re: what shocks to buy
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2013, 11:17:20 am »
The tax may only be $9.20 , but the additional  entry fee will cover the admin well and truly .
Can you please tell me what the entry fee is, how it will be administered and who will collect it? 
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2013, 11:48:04 am »
Normally nothing on $500 or less=collect $50 or less not worth it
may find only on business imports not private imports
If the whining companies did not put so much mark up on people would not buy on line so much
When you buy a set of m/x riding gear,pay the freight and GST on importing and still save 50% then the local Agent is charging to much!!and he freights in bulk at a fraction of your price
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2013, 11:52:10 am »
My accountant told me Mark it would be a nightmare to police....I think there's a bit of scare mongering going on by a certain person who is always pushing his Asian copy shocks....better buy up now fella's before you have to sell the family house to restore your VMX bike ::). We are already screwed with the Aussie dollar....down to .88 US, take off the 5 cents you lose in exchange and the real value is .83 US cents.....plus postage costs.....our good buying days are over for the moment.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2014, 07:44:06 pm »
My accountant told me Mark it would be a nightmare to police....I think there's a bit of scare mongering going on by a certain person who is always pushing his Asian copy shocks....better buy up now fella's before you have to sell the family house to restore your VMX bike ::). We are already screwed with the Aussie dollar....down to .88 US, take off the 5 cents you lose in exchange and the real value is .83 US cents.....plus postage costs.....our good buying days are over for the moment.

The curry muncher at Auckland Airport Currency Exchange  offered me 88c UnZud for every AUD . WTF
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2014, 07:50:17 pm »
The $1000 duty-free threshold was part of a Free Trade Agreement. I've heard the various state government Ministers for Looking Serious float ideas around, but I think there's big issues if we try to break the terms of a FTA.

The other thing is that both brands of government (Howard and Gillard) have seperately concluded that enforcing a sub-$1k GST threshold on imports will cost considerably more than it will raise.

So colour me sceptical...
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2014, 07:56:37 pm »

The curry muncher at Auckland Airport Currency Exchange  offered me 88c UnZud for every AUD . WTF
Wait untill you full the winabaygo up  ;D with fuel ???
theres a few curry muchers over there they all own the corner shops ( the dairy ) :o
Stop ya wingin and enjoy your holiday lucky barstard
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 07:58:23 pm by mick25 »

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2014, 10:00:47 am »
The diesel pump price here is cheaper than Sydney  I negotiated the diesel tax in with the Winnebago hire and with the $1.15 I got a couple of months ago it makes it even cheaper again. I reckon about 20 c liter.  ;D
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B