Author Topic: Shed Clearance Sale - Something for everyone?  (Read 1148 times)

Simo63

Shed Clearance Sale - Something for everyone?
« on: December 04, 2013, 11:30:29 pm »
Yes I have a disease .. I just buy too many bikes and then never get the time to either use or restore them so it's time to thin the herd.

1977 Yamaha IT400D
This 1977 IT400D is a classic time warp machine showing an indicated 362 miles on the odometer.  Whilst this is obviously not right I would honestly believe the bike has travelled less than 1000 miles from new it is that good.  It is a genuine survivor and the closest thing to buying a new one in 1977.  I removed the original tyres to put the new Bridgestones on it.  I probably should not have done that but I wanted to ride the thing and did so just the once before parking her back in the shed.  This bike is 100% original and deserves to be in a collection.
Note it is a US bike that was imported a couple of years ago (import papers included in sale) and it was last registererd in 1979 in dry California.
The bike starts, runs and rides like a brand new one and for all intents it is as new.  You could collect it or ride it tomorrow.  As you would expect with an unrestored bike, the original plastics have a little fading on them.
Sale includes a NOS throttle housing, tool pouch and new aftermarket seat cover.
Price $3500 ono  - NOW $3000

1979 Yamaha IT400F
This 1979 IT400 is mostly complete and in need of restoration. It does not run (missing the coil). The motor turns over but the bearings are tight. BONUS is the super rare DG Alloy swing arm.  Happy to sell it without this fitted.
Price $1250 with swing arm, $1000 without it :)

1982 Honda XR200RC
I have fluffed around with the idea of restoring this or selling it on but the reality is it's got to go.  A very original bike that is not running and in need of restoration. A great vinduro bike project.
Price $750

1984 Yamaha TT600
Another great resto project. Should run but hasn't been started for years.  Complete with the exception of plastic side covers. Price: $1000

1981 Yamaha YZ125H
This is a yellow US import that has undergone a restoration in the past and is a good running bike that could be raced with very little effort. New tyres, period answer alloy muffler, a real little pocket rocket.
Price: $2500

1983 RM80
This little RM was purchased by me as a fairly low hour unit a few years ago.  I have cleaned it up and installed new tyres, new chain and sprockets and new wheel bearings front and back.  I also had the rear shock rebuilt by MX race prep and rebuilt the front forks.  Additionally I also fitted larger footpegs, a new air filter (please note the original airbox has been removed) and painted the guards and side covers.
I've ridden it once at the 2013 Connondale Classic in the 80cc race before parking it up. 
Bargain at $900 ono

TS250
Early 70’s model. Incomplete but has really good alloy wheels that would suit a budget TS/TM Racer.
Price: $150 ono

Suzuki VL1500 Intruder   
1998 model with only 15,500 kms on the clock. This bike has many $1000’s of extras including Full screen, Leather Side panniers, Custom rear sissy bar, custom chrome work, custom mudflaps plus more.
Comes complete with original tool kit and manual.  The bike suffers from not being ridden more so time to move her on.
Price: $5500 ono

Suzuki TM250 Period 5 Road Racer
This is a TM250 road racer that has been undergoing a restoration.  The engine has been fully rebuilt including crank, piston, bearings etc. It does run however the bike itself requires finishing off.  It does the all important Period 5 log book.
Price: $1700 - NOW $1500 - BARGAIN :)

1986 Honda CR250 RG
A very original bike, original plastics that are no faded. Has later model alloy 2 piece side covers on so no rotting magnesium waterpump issues.  Original gold rims in good condition, shock has dampening still, forks still have OE fork boots fitted etc.  Starts and runs fine although the kick start gear sometimes slips like all CR's.  The basis for a great race bike.
Price: $2500 ono

PM me or email me (my email link is over there <<<<)

Yes I'm going to make sure the herd stays smaller from now on :)

Bikes located on Queensland's Sunshine Coast

Cheers
Simo