Author Topic: what sort of boss have you got?  (Read 9985 times)

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: what sort of boss have you got?
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2013, 12:10:35 pm »
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2013, 12:25:09 pm »
 There were a few classics in the Govt. Dept I worked for and spent 26yrs.

The most memorable examples were uni graduate "engineers".

E.g. 1.
Question- O/seer to Engineer- Where will I dispose of all this excess soil?  A. Dig a hole and bury it.
  E.G.2           
  Manager to support officer (me)- I'll just go over to that carpenter and tell him how to do this job.

Me to Manager (Uni Graduate in management)  L***** , DONT tell a man with thirty years trade experience HOW to do a job, just tell him what you want.

Don't even get me started on the others with 'engineering degrees' from India.
cheers.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2013, 01:53:19 pm »
Me to Manager (Uni Graduate in management)  L***** , DONT tell a man with thirty years trade experience HOW to do a job, just tell him what you want.

Are you sure we didn't work for the same department Wal? ;D., the only difference being that my wanker engineer was an Aussie. The shop foreman fitter was a Pommy Indian though and he was a great bloke and a very smart engineer who knew how to do emergency fixes without shutting down production...a skill he'd learned over 20 years at sea as an engineer on super tankers. The closest he'd ever been to a university was driving past one on the way to work yet he ran rings around our masters degree'd know all. I've seen and heard of many a government department sent backwards by the hierarchies propensity to hire these blokes over well versed tradesmen that have learned their craft on the shop floor. 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 03:39:02 pm by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline asasin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2013, 03:34:01 pm »
Sounds like NZ we hire foreigners as govt dept bosses every time , had a couple lately outed for false CVs .Pity we still have a inferiority complex and dont support our home grown talent , Guess thats why they F&** off to OZ
If in doubt ,WIND IT OUT

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2013, 05:13:33 pm »
Had my dad for a boss, good bloke but working for dad didn't work for me. Worked for myself pretty much the rest of my life except for an 8 year period when I worked for a bloke who I always said was the only bloke I could work for.  First day on the job he asked me something and I replied "Your the boss man". He answered with "Ain't no boss man here, you should know what to do otherwise what's the point of you being here." Became lifelong friends.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2013, 05:16:43 pm »
Sounds like NZ we hire foreigners as govt dept bosses every time , had a couple lately outed for false CVs .Pity we still have a inferiority complex and dont support our home grown talent , Guess thats why they F&** off to OZ
  Don\ worry. the 'cultural cringe' is still alive and well in oz!

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2013, 06:41:44 pm »
My Supervisor visits for about 10 minutes once a fortnight to pick up my pay time sheets. Usually mumbles something about how I have the best job (but not the best paying by miles!) in the City of Greater Bendigo, Has a smoke then pisses off again. So back to just me,  the garbage, the birds ,snakes and very occasionally a bloody customer to wreck my resting.    ;)
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2013, 09:29:17 pm »
I'm stuck in China after being stuck in Vietnam after being stuck in Thailand while you guys are all riding or working on your bikes. I don't need to explain what sort of boss I've got.... >:(

Offline Tomas

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2013, 11:37:14 pm »
Unfortunately nowadays having 15 -20-30 years of solid work history from other country means s..t all. And if  you have a"recognized trade paper" you will be lucky to get a job as trade assistant.
Saying that my last supervisor (machine shop) was an a..hole with massive chip in shoulder with no trade qualification at all.

Are you sure we didn't work for the same department Wal? ;D., the only difference being that my wanker engineer was an Aussie. The shop foreman fitter was a Pommy Indian though and he was a great bloke and a very smart engineer who knew how to do emergency fixes without shutting down production...a skill he'd learned over 20 years at sea as an engineer on super tankers. The closest he'd ever been to a university was driving past one on the way to work yet he ran rings around our masters degree'd know all. I've seen and heard of many a government department sent backwards by the hierarchies propensity to hire these blokes over well versed tradesmen that have learned their craft on the shop floor.

TM BILL

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2013, 11:52:15 am »
A bloody good Bastard  :)

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2013, 12:16:48 pm »
Wish I had a horrible boss like Jennifer Aniston in the movie  of the same name  ;)

TM BILL

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2013, 07:46:54 pm »
Wish I had a horrible boss like Jennifer Aniston in the movie  of the same name  ;)

Seconded  ;D ;D ;D ;D