Author Topic: Rickman Zundapp frame  (Read 3663 times)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Rickman Zundapp frame
« on: September 26, 2013, 07:51:38 am »
Here's the perfect basis for that pre 75 special you've always wanted to build. There aren't many motors that don't fit the little Rickman spacious engine cradle. Cheap as chips so far and only 5 hours to go.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251342201484&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:AU:3160
2/73 Rickman Zundapp 125 frame with air box, swing arm, brake pedal & shocks.

Frame & swing arm look to be in very good overall shape, looks straight & I see no cracks or repairs or dents. It does have surface rust though.

The air box has one mounting tab damaged but otherwise looks to be intact.

The shock shafts are rusted but they may be good for parts.

What you see is what you get. Please ask questions before bidding. Sold as is, no returns.

Ebay calculated shipping price may not be accurate. Winning bidder please wait for contact before paying automated invoice. I would rather not ship this outside the contiguous 48 states but may make considerations.

Thank you for looking.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: Rickman Zundapp frame
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 01:10:57 pm »
Tried to bid on this one Firko, but was locked out due to location, Then tried with my US based freight handlers (you know the ones) and it was withdrawn. :( maybe it come back
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Lewis

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 07:34:47 pm »
Hi Tim,I noticed your reply to Firko re the frame.I've one tucked away in the corner of the shed.PM me if you're interested. Open to offers.
                                            cheers Lew(Lewis)
PS I'm at Woodvale(Eaglehawk)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 08:16:29 pm »
Pm on the way friend! :) Of course I wish to build a Rickman/HondaSL125 special :D
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Lewis

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 06:08:39 am »
Hi Tim,not trying to push this frame onto you but I'll mention that I'm going to the Elmore field days either Mon-Tue so if you want I can chuck it into the boot and bring it along.PM me either your address or phone number and maybe we can work something out.
                                                                                     cheers Lew

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 12:16:21 pm »

Lewis the field days are on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday so Monday may prove a bit of a wait ;). Pm coming Cheers Tim
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 12:16:52 pm »
Can anyone tell me what material these frames are made from moly or plane steel or something else mine looks like plane steel but im no expert on these things whats the easiest way to tell the metals apart cheers Andrew
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 01:16:42 pm »
Rickman frames are made from Reynolds 531 tubing which is similar in characteristics (but not the same) to 4130 chrome-moly steel.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 02:25:22 pm by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 01:27:46 pm »
Lewis ya there mate? Tim754

Mavman the Reynolds 531 is most likely all Bronzed together too, to avoid excessive heat.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 01:30:17 pm by Tim754 »
                                                   Voltaire.