Author Topic: Grass track @ Clarkefield (Vic) Sept 21 & 22 - BE THERE!!! :-)  (Read 12319 times)

Offline colmoody

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Grass track @ Clarkefield (Vic) Sept 21 & 22 - BE THERE!!! :-)
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2013, 08:51:20 pm »
Never ridden a Grass Track event but this sounds like a pearler. Can anyone give us a rough idea of track dimensions (total length and no of right and left hand corners) and what tyre patterns work best on a Moto Crosser. Would love to see some shots from this meeting.

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2013, 08:53:15 pm »
The place is hard terrain, I'll be using Dunlop MX71's
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2013, 08:58:22 pm »
The place is hard terrain, I'll be using Dunlop MX71's

Was gonna go the same way but because of the downpour this week ive put a MX51 Geo on the back of the IT, the TM has had a new Michi  S12's fitted for a while and im not planning on changing them just for the weekend. Will be interesting to compare the two  :)
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline colmoody

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2013, 09:04:19 pm »
Ok approx lenght of track and approx no of right and left hand bends will do. Wont hold you to it. John excuse my ignorance but what is hard terrain.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2013, 09:12:09 pm »
Ok approx lenght of track and approx no of right and left hand bends will do. Wont hold you to it. John excuse my ignorance but what is hard terrain.

Col, hard terrain is simply that - hard ground! Also this is a natural terrain track as opposed to a man made track that is used often, it will differ from year to year as it is layed out by peg and bunting just prior to the event, the only person that would be able to tell you the (appx) length of track and layout would be someone who has hammered in the pegs and strung out the bunting......and if you're really that keen to get a good idea then i'd suggest contacting "BilletYZ" on this forum or sending an email to organisers via the VIPERMX website. Cheers, Brendan
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline colmoody

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2013, 09:31:36 pm »
Thanks for detailed response Brendan. Pretty sure a lot of NSW riders would be interested if somebody can upload a few shots from this meeting that would be great.

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2013, 09:32:13 pm »
Heres some footage i found on you tube :)     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-kpv0r7HhQ

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2013, 09:35:52 pm »
And this one      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn6cGGy_IKw

It would be great if you guys can come,it's looking like being a cracker weekend,I'm raring to go :)

Offline Billet YZ

• Legend
  • Melton Victoria.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2013, 10:01:23 pm »

Hi all,
          the Viper grass track event for this weekend is shaping up to be a big 2 days of VMX with confirmed entries from the VCM club and also the CSC club which is good to see. Below are some important details and a schedule for the 2 days on how the event will run, please print a copy of times etc. and keep them with you.

I have had a lot of enquiries from guys to just ride on the Saturday and not race Sunday and for these guys the cost is as follows.

Saturday only ride fee = $25 which includes Sat. only Viper membership.

Recreation licence if you don`t already have one = $25

All others that are doing both days the cost is as follows.

Entry fee = $70.

Viper membership for the 2 days if your not already a member = $20.

Recreation licence for the Saturday practice = $25.

Race licence for the Sunday = $55.

Please take note that the licence fees are set by Motorcycle Victoria and not one cent goes to Viper from these, sorry but these are not negotiable.

Time schedule for the 2 days is as follows.   

Saturday: gates open 10am, sign in from 11.30am and thru the afternoon, practice to start at 1pm until 5pm.

Bonfire and catering will take place after practice is finished and people have made their way up to the other end of the property.

Sunday:  Riders briefing at 8.30am, followed by a 10 minute session for anyone that didn`t take part on the Saturday to have a look at the track and this is to take place riding behind a track marshall so it doesn`t turn into a free for all flat out practice, 1st race underway around 9am.

Important items please take note.

Could you please make sure you have your race number clearly visible on your back so the lap scorers can identify you and score you correctly.

As per last year please do not use tear offs at this venue as the property normally has cattle grazing on it and tear offs are not on their menu.

The bonfire and catering will take place at the other end of the property, the landowner has advised that we can all drive to the bonfire and back to the pits inside his property without having to go out onto public roads. This means please take it easy to and from the pit area.

We will have flag marshalls again for this event so you will not need to do any flagging at all, we have a first aid crew there for both days.

The landowner will be running a canteen for us on the Sunday so please support him and make it known to him that all his effort is very much appreciated.

If you require any further info please send me an email to  [email protected]   

Looking forward to a big VMX weekend, see you all there.  Regards Peter Gruber.
YAMAHA  you know you want one !!!  Viper #50

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2013, 08:33:21 am »
Great instructions Peter.

I do have a couple of questions though.... I have not pre entered as I am still trying to convince my ribs to heal good enough so I can kick start a bike without cringing in pain. Can I enter on the day? And I presume I need to join Viper ($20) for the day?

At this stage if I do make it I will more than likely only ride the Saturday unless I get the all clear from the ribs. If I do decide to race on Sunday, can I put in an entry for Sunday as well?

Thanks, Mark
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline Speed

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2013, 09:19:41 am »
A couple from last year.  Last year it rained the whole month leading up to the race, even the day before.
But come Sunday it was sunny, warm and mostly dry.. A little slippery at first but once a couple of heats had run it was good.

Offline Speed

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2013, 09:31:07 am »
That first video from motox500racer was just a ride day we had here and the boys cut the track in.  It was crazy fast. 

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2013, 10:06:10 am »
Thanks for detailed response Brendan. Pretty sure a lot of NSW riders would be interested if somebody can upload a few shots from this meeting that would be great.

I'm heading over Sunday for a look so should have a few photo's up next week.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Billet YZ

• Legend
  • Melton Victoria.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2013, 11:16:59 pm »
Great instructions Peter.

I do have a couple of questions though.... I have not pre entered as I am still trying to convince my ribs to heal good enough so I can kick start a bike without cringing in pain. Can I enter on the day? And I presume I need to join Viper ($20) for the day?

At this stage if I do make it I will more than likely only ride the Saturday unless I get the all clear from the ribs. If I do decide to race on Sunday, can I put in an entry for Sunday as well?

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,
             yes we will be able to sort you out whichever way you decide to go and yes you would have to do the 1 day membership if you end up doing both days. We can get your bike started for you but it`s up to you not to hit the deck again. ;)     Peter.

Offline Billet YZ

• Legend
  • Melton Victoria.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2013, 11:48:44 pm »

Hi all,
         the online entering system for this weekends Viper grass track meeting will remain open until 7pm Friday night ( Sept.20th), so if you have not entered as yet there are no excuses. Regards Peter.