Author Topic: Suggestions for toilets in the pits?  (Read 4669 times)

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions for toilets in the pits?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2013, 09:32:54 pm »
I always thought a 5inch drill hole to 50 metres (or just above the water table) would be a good medium term sh*tter. throw a bit of lime down every so often

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 06:49:48 am »
I used to have a thunder box with a bucket.  Put lime in it every time. Had three holes dug and would empty the bucket into them.  By the time the last hole was full, the first hole had turned into soil and could be dug out and put on the garden.  brilliant set up and never smelled.  The council health inspector came around one day and had a flip out.  I asked if it would be better if I had a septic that leaked raw sewerage all over the place.  (Which incidently I have now)

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 08:29:33 am »
Johnny, have you done a "neighbour run" with some red wine?

we ran a pony express out that way years ago and we went round the neighbors and let them know what was about to happen on sunday morning at 9 am.

there was 1 house with no one home....ol mate landowner said its a city guy who rarely turns up but he will drop in sat nite if he is there...

at the duly appointed hour on a brisk sunday morning 87 mudda boiks fire into life and roar off around the course...(which had gone over a local dirt road as ol mates neighbour said..."run it into my paddock, its got some great jumps ;D")

I was manning the road crossing (on advice from local policeman who had showed up to watch 8)) when a Saab went through the crossing at 80K's with a very angry "city guy" who had headed for his country retreat late on sat nite and was "blasted out of bed at 9.00 on the dot :o. he was off to the local cops (heh heh) but it turned out he was a judge in the county court and there was some issues raised that killed our landowners and local cops enthusiasm for this event :(.....

find out where the line in the sand is... if its all good, you shouldn't have any worries about councils etc but if they are green and peacefull like.... they will know every bylaw in the constitution. You need to break them in carefully...

As your track is not a commercial installation and a few mates drop in for a "ride around" you shouldn't need to bother "officials" unless someone does it for you.....

Offline Big Al

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 06:31:06 pm »
Hey John, are still chasing a site toilet? I may be able to help. Pm me or better still, call me on 0427 926 149

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 06:34:25 pm »
Jeez Big Al, that's a shit house suggestion ;D ;D ;D

Stan.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 06:37:05 pm by Stan S »

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 06:56:40 pm »
Jeez Big Al, that's a shit house suggestion ;D ;D ;D

Stan.

Take it easy Stan, no need to dump on Al :)
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!