Author Topic: 2013 Classic MX Championships Cancelled  (Read 45004 times)

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Classic MX Championships Cancelled
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2013, 06:15:28 pm »
When the Nat's were held at Broadford, my roadrace club 'Preston' was the host club, that's how I got roped into doing the commentary.
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2013, 06:47:36 pm »
Okay I've spoken to the President of Winton MX Club, he is very (very) happy to run a vintage event which can be advertised as a National Championship.  They are happy to prepare the track how ever we like it, they also have the machinery & staff to upkeep the track during the event if needed.

I will speak to the top guy at Benalla Auto Club (the owners of Winton MX & roadrace track) tomorrow about them taking it on, the President of the club thinks he will jump at it.

Winton has all the facilities to be able to make this happen, they have a fantastic camp-ground with permanent toilets & showers.  Being at the north of Victoria trims a few hours off any track further south and has the chance of better weather.

I've also spoken to two committee members from different MV affiliated clubs (that shall remain nameless) that are happy to assist.

Stay tuned  :-)

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2013, 06:54:35 pm »
Jeez John, you're right on to it. Good on you mate.
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline 35elsinore

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2013, 08:02:20 pm »
Thanks for your efforts so far John, love ya work.

Offline the stig

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2013, 08:05:23 pm »

Good going John If you need a Flagy for the weekend give me a yell
      can go from wed/ thursday if you need me .

The Stig

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2013, 09:11:11 pm »
The Winton President also said that they could be ready by the November date.

I will confirm race licence requirements, I feel there could be a way that AASA insurance cover may also cover MA licence holders, I think I rode at a Formula Extreme (AASA) roadrace with an MA licence.

If all this comes together, I will need some guidance from those that have run vintage events in the past, to confirm things like: what classes, length of races, scrutineering & stuff.

I will have more info once I have spoken to the guys at AASA.

Offline Rider

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2013, 09:36:18 pm »
Thanks for your efforts to date John, like many others I have organised annual leave around the November dates and have been shattered by the announced cancellation. Fingers crossed things can fall into place with Winton .
Regards Terry.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 09:45:57 pm by Rider »

albrid-3

« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2013, 09:47:51 pm »
Winton would be the place to be, as I suggest to you john in another post, the Classic scramble club may help with guidance to run at winton, our club is also looking at other insurance.
worth a phone call to the CSC Secretary which is Ross Martin. on 0416 132 150.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 08:11:30 am by Dave #6 »

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2013, 09:55:07 pm »
Good work John. A few of us have been chucking around possibilities while you've actually achieved a possible result. It'd be worth running it past the commission though just to make sure it's possible from an official standpoint and that there's no repercussions over AASA involvement. I know MA aren't exactly the flavour of the month but whether we like it or not they still have the say on whatever happens. If this comes off we as a sport really have to support this event if only to show our solidarity and appreciation to those involved for pulling the event out of the shit........But, let's not jump ahead. There's a lot of work to do yet.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2013, 09:59:33 pm »
confirm things like: what classes, length of races, scrutineering & stuff.

have a chat to Col Metcher. supersenior on here.  :D
pm sent
Best is in the West !!

Offline bigthumpa

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2013, 11:50:21 pm »
Good on you guys!! A positive "can do" attitude is emerging in VMX land. Keep up the energy and let's hope for a viable outcome. Us West Aussies really want to come and race. We are many miles away but if we can assist in any way just ask. If we have room in the container I am prepared to offer my bobcat for track prep work and guess what. It's a pre 80 model!!!

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2013, 07:22:47 am »
Has any one asked MA all these questions?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
as shareholders you would have to be answered!!!!!!
Any one looked at the constitution?????
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2013, 09:14:10 am »
Thanks for everyone's input.  I know Ross Martin, he is a nice guy and fair but he is still part of MA, I think anyone from the MA side of things (state bodies) will be totally against any of this, I think they do not have any legal way of stopping this snowball effect but they will see their danger in losing control & money and would try and discredit us and use scare tactics.

I do not want to hurt MA or any of the state bodies, I just want justice for riders everywhere.  I have tried going down the correct channels but what is needed is solidarity from all members, maybe it might be easier now with improved communication via email, Facebook & forums?

I will get legal advise and as much information as I can find to be sure we are doing the right thing.

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2013, 10:06:06 am »
Great Work John,

I'll catch you at CD10 mate, but if you need any help on the weekend, i'll stick my hand up for a corner etc!

Best of luck, I hope this gets sorted!
Cheers

Nada
Honda is the only way to roll!

Simo63

« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2013, 10:17:32 am »
Thanks for everyone's input.  I know Ross Martin, he is a nice guy and fair but he is still part of MA, I think anyone from the MA side of things (state bodies) will be totally against any of this, I think they do not have any legal way of stopping this snowball effect but they will see their danger in losing control & money and would try and discredit us and use scare tactics.

I do not want to hurt MA or any of the state bodies, I just want justice for riders everywhere.  I have tried going down the correct channels but what is needed is solidarity from all members, maybe it might be easier now with improved communication via email, Facebook & forums?

I will get legal advise and as much information as I can find to be sure we are doing the right thing.

I recall black race meetings back in the day and as a rider I believed you were risking our Racing license if MA (or ACU as it was back then I think) found out.

Is that potentially the case here John or have I got that all wrong?  Is what you are proposing going to have MA approval or will it operate outside MA auspices?