Author Topic: 2013 Classic MX Championships Cancelled  (Read 45008 times)

Offline Barronvmx

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Classic MX Championships Cancelled
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2013, 09:05:31 pm »
The event has to be run on the same date no matter which club runs it as this has been allocated by MA.
Huskies
CR250 1972, CR400 1972, SC125 1973, CR250 1975GP, WR250 1979/80, XC125 1983, TX510 1983, XC125 1984 project, CR250 1984 project
Honda's
SL100 1971, XL100 1974, Hondasaki 210, XL185 1981 project
Jawa's
1959 250 project, 1969 175 trail boss project.
Sachs 1969 125

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2013, 09:12:58 pm »
There are some people getting ahead of themselves here.....
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2013, 09:32:41 pm »
yes I agree, Keep the false promises off here keyboard racers.
My fastest lap is the first one :)

Offline bigthumpa

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2013, 11:26:56 pm »
Folks, here is the perspective from WA. Our container is booked but the destination is movable within reason. We have not yet paid for the container that has to be done by the first week in October and depending on the final destination the cost may be more or less. I don't know how many of our guys have paid deposits for accommodation,air fares etc but as far as I am concerned we could point the container in any direction. I spoke to Shane Fraser on Saturday and had bit of a chat. I can assure you all that the commissioners will be working very hard to secure another host club to run the championships and I would like to think that you all will support them as they are there for the sport.
I also suggested that maybe we could assist that club in any way we can for instance it could be possible for us to bring our club's PA system( with the approval of the VMXWA commitee), to cut some costs, for example. I feel that to let this years event fall over could lead to loss of momentum in the the whole nationals thing which obviously would be detrimental to the sport. So come on guys enough  MA bashing, leave the ACTMCC guys alone what's happened has happened and no amount of analysis or soul searching is going to solve anything. Let's get positive and get this whole thing back on the tracks.

Yours as always in vintage motocross
Nick Maxfield

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2013, 09:02:39 am »
The sooner we get away from MA the better, there are a couple of local clubs up here in South QLD that have done so and they wish they had done it years ago, they are finally more financial, double there membership and entries, improved there facilities beyond anything they could have before, just a pitty more clubs don't do the same.

More info on this?? Who provides the insurance and governing body?
Cheers

Nada
Honda is the only way to roll!

Offline Barronvmx

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2013, 09:53:04 am »
Please note that my comments are an expression of interest not what is happening nor has the club BMCC discussed this idea.
I just am passionate about the sport and I'm so pissed off with the Canberra out come that I like most want a solution.
Please note that I am no longer BMCC club president and do not decide which direction the club will go.
If any club is willing to take on the CVMX titles I am willing to give my advice and experiance to assist in the 2013 Classic motocross titles.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 09:56:06 am by Barronvmx »
Huskies
CR250 1972, CR400 1972, SC125 1973, CR250 1975GP, WR250 1979/80, XC125 1983, TX510 1983, XC125 1984 project, CR250 1984 project
Honda's
SL100 1971, XL100 1974, Hondasaki 210, XL185 1981 project
Jawa's
1959 250 project, 1969 175 trail boss project.
Sachs 1969 125

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2013, 10:44:11 am »
Folks, here is the perspective from WA. Our container is booked but the destination is movable within reason. We have not yet paid for the container that has to be done by the first week in October and depending on the final destination the cost may be more or less. I don't know how many of our guys have paid deposits for accommodation, air fares etc but as far as I am concerned we could point the container in any direction. I spoke to Shane Fraser on Saturday and had bit of a chat. I can assure you all that the commissioners will be working very hard to secure another host club to run the championships and I would like to think that you all will support them as they are there for the sport.
I also suggested that maybe we could assist that club in any way we can for instance it could be possible for us to bring our club's PA system( with the approval of the VMXWA commitee), to cut some costs, for example. I feel that to let this years event fall over could lead to loss of momentum in the the whole nationals thing which obviously would be detrimental to the sport. So come on guys enough  MA bashing, leave the ACTMCC guys alone what's happened has happened and no amount of analysis or soul searching is going to solve anything. Let's get positive and get this whole thing back on the tracks.
If only we all had the passion and dedication of the West Aussies ::). The Canberra Nats has fallen in a big hole but the Sandgropers are still willing to pitch in to get it happening elsewhere. I'm also prepared to offer any skills I may have to  get the 2013 Nats up and running again and I'm sure many of you reading this are willing to do the same. The first and most obvious challenge is to find a suitable venue that fits the criteria. There are a lot of tracks out there and a lot of clubs with the ability to promote a meeting of this magnitude...we just have to think laterally and somehow put paddock A and club B together to get things happening. As I'm not a member of any club I can only speak as an individual and offer up "what if?'' hypothetical alternatives. HEAVEN has their annual Canowindra Cup meeting set down for October 19/20 so would it be feasible for that date and venue to converted to the Nats? Or to maintain the Nats lodged date, keep the Canowindra Cup meeting in place but reuse the venue a fortnight later for the Nats? I fully understand that there are a lot of limitations with the track layout and most probably with its availability but on the plus side the venue has all of the needed facilities and the town has plenty of accommodation. Sometimes compromises offer up far more pleasant results than ever envisioned.

Then there is Buladelah and Barleigh Ranch...both proven tracks that can handle this event. However, I'm being a bit cruel to HEAVEN or any other by throwing this at them, I wouldn't blame them one bit for not wanting to get involved. There's very little to be gained by any club running the Nats, in fact it's very easy for a club to lose money on these events so I'd also propose that if a club does decide to pick up the cancelled date, they get some financial dispensations from MA. It was very easy to type these words but I'm well aware that the reality is a lot harder but the discussion has to start somewhere.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2013, 10:54:22 am »
The first thing you need is money.....get someone to chip in 10-20K and then it's all of a sudden more appealing to a club to take it on......helps take the stress out of "what if we loose money"....end of the day...money talks, bullshit walks...less than 3 months to pull something off is a big ask.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2013, 11:15:59 am »
The first thing you need is money.....get someone to chip in 10-20K and then it's all of a sudden more appealing to a club to take it on......helps take the stress out of "what if we loose money"....end of the day...money talks, bullshit walks...less than 3 months to pull something off is a big ask.

I agree, it's a bit of an ask to expect it to happen but what are we supposed to do, curl up in the fetal position and hope it all fixes itself? We need to at least try and get something happening if just for the self esteem of vintage motocross. The cancellations of both Nats has done serious damage to our sport that's going to take a lot of glue to fix so why not start now rather than expecting it to all fall back into place next year? If we lose the pre 78 momentum we may never get it all back.

On a personal level I'm disappointed for eighty something year old Bill Watson who was coming over from W.A. to race at probably his last Nats. The old fella is a legend and a great old warrior for our sport and deserved a better career send off than this.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2013, 11:22:25 am »

It would be great to think that our small part in motor cycling sport meant enough to the powers that be that a state body and MA could work together to finance this show somehow, year in, year out, without the hosting club having to dip into their own finances. I think it's more than enough that the host provides the manpower to make it work.

Even a small gesture like negating all the licensing fees for the club would help. Something. Anything......
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2013, 11:26:44 am »
canowindra,pharrrkkkk,firko,it's in the middle of a trotting track,it's a showground ffs,tracks mapped out with20ltr plastic containers full of water connected to 3k's of bunting,& theres no jumps (bonus  ;D),the deputy mayor Greg would spin,(but he can walk the talk  8)),the golf club would freak (catering),how about Clarence, up the big hill from sidinee, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2013, 11:35:56 am »
Funny you should mention Clarence Matcho.

I'm not far from your thinking. Just up the road a bit further to Oberon.

I don't know if the track still exists but I rode the Amcross series there in 2002. Brilliant fast and flowing track with no big jumps etc. From memory it was around 2.5k's long as well.

Last time I rode at Clarence it had a few doubles in it. I don't like the idea of taking them on on my B50!
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2013, 11:40:36 am »
),how about Clarence, up the big hill from sidinee, : 
For the reasons that Canowindra is unsuitable because it's so simple, Clarence doesn't cut it because it's a stuttery jumpy dustbowl. Two down, next please ::)

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2013, 11:55:12 am »
heavens done clarence twice in the last couple of seasons,it's not bad,(if it don't rain on racedays),the guys groomed it couple times for heaven,ie took the nasties out,ok it can have trackwatering issues,what track hasn't,but it's layouts cool,theres fair bit of camping room,ammenities would be overwhelmed,extra backup portos??,blah blah,just my thoughts, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2013, 12:00:38 pm »
Lake Glenbawn?