Author Topic: 2013 Classic MX Championships Cancelled  (Read 45015 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Classic MX Championships Cancelled
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2013, 10:04:52 pm »
If there's problems beyond the track not being ready, I'd say that ACTMCC politics had more influence than these forums.
Apart from anything else, the discussions on OzVMX featured a heavy focus on the suitability of the main MX track - if it was simply about MA being heavy on the Kumagutsa track, the club has an alternative that is certain to satisfy MA.

So Nathan do you think the club should have kept pouring money into Karmagutsa just to have some bitch run to MA and tell them that the track would not be up to holding a title?

Judging be the naysayers on here the second track option would appear to only have a future of undersubscribed classes and cancellation due to lack of numbers.

Eric can correct me:

The ACTMCC is basically two clubs in one - the dirt track part and the larger MX part. While they mostly work well together, the CMXNs/the Kumagutsa track have been a source of friction.
I don't know the details (thankfully), but I believe the Kumagutsa track is run by 'the dirt track people', and the 'MX people' were very jittery about the state of the track.

Some of the higher ranking MX people were openly expressing scorn at the "she'll be right" responses they were getting, and I got a clear impression that there were some significant personality clashes.

The club had an escape route (use the main track). That they haven't used it, suggests to me that the problem(s) are more than just about the Kumagutsa track.

I am not an ACTMCC member, and have not been since 2007. The only person involved in this that I know is Ekka, who's been a mate for several years now.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 10:10:18 pm by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2013, 10:19:31 pm »
There's also the fact that the Mr Vintage Motocross is history as well after 2 poorly attended meetings.
Fluck......I missed this first up because I deliberately didn't want to read Joan's jingoistic 'Queenslander' bleatings. I wasn't aware of Mr VMX being canned. I'm so flucking disappointed I feel like taking up drinking again.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Ekka

• Legend
  • Go hard or go home
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2013, 10:35:14 pm »
Tomorrow Nat  ;) I'm loaded up on the honey in shed cleaning up the vintage bikes to sell the lot of them .gunna get into shooting I think , the first item on the agenda might be a cane toad  :)

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2013, 11:18:40 pm »
Tomorrow Nat  ;) I'm loaded up on the honey in shed cleaning up the vintage bikes to sell the lot of them .gunna get into shooting I think , the first item on the agenda might be a cane toad  :)

I guess thats one way of solving the problem  ::)
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2013, 06:24:16 am »
There's also the fact that the Mr Vintage Motocross is history as well after 2 poorly attended meetings.
Fluck......I missed this first up because I deliberately didn't want to read Joan's jingoistic 'Queenslander' bleatings. I wasn't aware of Mr VMX being canned. I'm so flucking disappointed I feel like taking up drinking again.

Mr VMX was never really actually "on" for this year. After speaking with the race secretary for the last two events the club was not interested in running it again but are keen to see another club take it on. Our club considered having a go but because of a serious deficiency in officials etc  we decided that we are not ready to have a go at an event of this size just yet.

So if there is anyone out there that would like to see this event continue and has the required resources I'm sure Mr VMX could be resurrected quite easily. It is possible that last year's sponsor is interested in supporting the event again.

So make sure if your in the market for a Mazda head to Maitland and tell them Mr VMX sent ya  ;D

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2013, 06:51:32 am »
If I'm reading correctly, the demands put on the club by MA was a contributing factor suprize suprize , they almost stopped the Conondale Classic and to me it looks like they got this one, well done Motorcycling Australia, I feel for the club trying to hold the event...
I think MA need to take a real big step back and take a good look at them selves. IMO
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Simo63

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2013, 07:41:26 am »
There must be more to it than this forum.
Why do people get hung up about negative posts before there event?  At least people are passionate about, and talking about your event and then it's up to the club to prove them wrong.

Agreed Noel, there has got to be more to it that.  I'm farking shattered, had it all planned out.  Was sponsoring a young male and female riders on my YZ400D and YZ250D respectively (the YZ400D being rebuilt front to back at a cost of close to $5K), recently purchased a CZ400 and CZ250 and was also going to ride my other YZ250D.  And I had Popeye helping organise a sidecar to ride as well.

I woke up this morning in a good mood but this has killed the day for me.  I am seriously pissed off after their promises that it would be all right.  Maybe MA did have a part in it and after hearing (I think) John say that the Conondale Classic was "this close" to not going ahead because of their (MA) involvement, I suspect a fair bit of blame lies there.

Anyway, enough negative BS, let's get on with the job of doing it in QLD.  John, Noel, I'm willing, as usual, to be of any assistance I can to help this event occur in QLD this year.  Let's just do it.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2013, 08:19:13 am »
How disappointing for us again two failed Nats in one year.
I know the discussion on here would have had nothing to do with this decision from MA and sadly MA and safety at all costs mantra these days will continue to cancel events. The old she will be right on the day stuff doesn't work anymore regardless of how factual it is.Laws regarding who is responsible for certain actions mean that track licensing cant be a casual deal anymore. 
If you dont like it put your hand up and become MA board member.

Vote 1 Queensland. You guys have the great venue do you have the will to do it? Calling Col to put on your superman outfit. 
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2013, 09:18:33 am »
It appears that there is plenty of support in Qld for events but stuffed if I'm travelling up there on a regular basis!  I feel a National Championship, to be fair, should be run over two events at opposite ends of the Nation (be it Qld & Vic or WA & NSW), yeh I know, if we can't run one event how the hell are we going to run two  ;-)

I am sick to death of MA & MV (can't discuss other state bodies, although things look good in Qld) slowly killing motorcycle sport in this country!  I see the thousands that flock to AFL or V8 Supercars, our sport has just not been managed correctly.

I think we need to go back to a post of mine from a couple of weeks ago where I brought up the subject of the AASA motorsport controlling body which is basically Benalla Auto Club (Winton Raceway), the Australian Roadrace Championship, 'Formula Extreme' is run under the AASA banner and Terry Oneil who runs the Championship and gets television broadcasting for all rounds & classes.  The MA Roadrace Championship doesn't get air-time!!!

I know the guys at the Winton (Vic) Motocross Club (run under AASA) welcome vintage MX riders/racers, they would prepare their track to suit what ever we wanted, their track is right next to a camp-ground with permenant toilet/showers, which is also right next to Winton roadrace circuit.  The Wintn Club has quite a few VMX riders already.

I have been given a name & number of a chap at Benalla Auto Club to speak to regarding MA clubs switching over to AASA, it is Adam on 03 5766 4235.  I suggest that vintage mx club Committee members get onto this guy and make things happen.

As President of Mitchell Recreational Motorcycle Club, I have been speaking to a guy called Heath, who is the President of Winton MX Club, he has welcomed our rec club members to their monthly mx ride days and he has said that he will do what ever it takes to make VMX riders happy there.

THE TIME FOR COMPLAINING & BITCHING IS OVER, THOSE THAT CARE ABOUT THE SPORT, LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN !!!!
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline 35elsinore

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2013, 10:19:25 am »
John, thanks for leaving SA out of your future model. Seems were all speculating at the reasons why this has happened, it would be nice to know why from the club involved to try and move forward and prevent it from happening again. Feel for the club as it would of been a painful decision with a lot of stress then and now.
Old saying, organize - dont criticize.

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2013, 10:22:27 am »
  I'm absolutely disgusted right at this moment and embarrassed for my State.

Why is NSW copping it, its the ACTMCC ,that ain't in NSW,only surrounded by it,Pedantic I know ;) 

TM BILL

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2013, 10:29:28 am »
  I'm absolutely disgusted right at this moment and embarrassed for my State.

Why is NSW copping it, its the ACTMCC ,that ain't in NSW,only surrounded by it,Pedantic I know ;)

I thought the same Smed  :-\

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2013, 10:44:44 am »
My post seems to have got lost will re post
Why not run VMX on your own?
Get the land (some speedway act makes it  hard in NSW?) get third party insurance and organise. MNZ tried to stop us going on our own in NZ, our lawyers quoted laws that stop monopolies and stop fair trade and competition and we never heard from them again.
Small clubs here run non MNZ trailrides and get 800-1,000 bikes turn up, if that was needing a licence and you to be a club member etc you would get 100 bikes
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Simo63

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2013, 10:47:53 am »
Seems were all speculating at the reasons why this has happened, it would be nice to know why from the club involved to try and move forward and prevent it from happening again. Feel for the club as it would of been a painful decision with a lot of stress then and now.

Agreed.  Whatever happened it obviously wasn't from a lack of entries like the PC Nats because the sup regs weren't even out yet.  So obviously a club or club/MA issue. 

Whilst many of us would love to know the truth (if anyone from the club is able to comment) I'd rather focus my energies on seeing if we can get the event to go ahead in QLD here.  Not for any other reason than this is where I know we can run large events given the opportunity.  I'm keen to get involved and would suggest a few of us get together to see if it's possible?

Noel (Sunshine Coast Club)?, Tatey (QVMX)? , Lisa (BMCC)? Anyone else interested?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 10:50:16 am by Simo63 »

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2013, 10:53:30 am »
John, thanks for leaving SA out of your future model. Seems were all speculating at the reasons why this has happened, it would be nice to know why from the club involved to try and move forward and prevent it from happening again. Feel for the club as it would of been a painful decision with a lot of stress then and now.

Wasn't leaving you out, you were central of all the states, I would think you riders would be the winner in a Nation-wide two round national Championship.

You are correct of course with "organize don't criticize" .... I'm onto it  ;-)
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.