Author Topic: Classic Nationals 2013 Wyaralong Qld  (Read 30194 times)

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Nationals 2013 Wyaralong Qld
« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2013, 09:36:33 am »
So it's alright to change the Supp Regs to suit yourself.???
I don't think so...it's a leagl document!!

TM BILL

« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2013, 10:10:12 am »
Dont take this the wrong way  ::) all shit aside i like the trolleysSidecars and it is a shame that they didn't get a start at the nats .

But as an outsider looking in the sidecar side of things really does seem to be very disjointed . All i see is what i read on the forum and the trolleys sidecars circulating at classic dirt ( where there does seem to be a number of eras riding together )

I would have thought that if the sidecar people were serious about the nats they would have had their entries in as soon as they were open . I hear that people were working away and bike were not ready etc etc and that they didn't get allowed extra time as if it was pre 60s solos . But read back through the whole thing and put yourself as an independent and see how it reads

The reality is that sidecars are a minority like it or not , so are Pre 60 solos and some of the other solo classes but again like it or not the solos have the support of other solo riders .

This is probably the 2nd time ever on this forum i agree with Wally   ;D You blokes can put on a spectacular show when you have numbers . Sort out your classes , if whats currently in the MOMs is holding you back get them changed ( its your sport ) work together put past history behind you and move forward .

Again its YOUR sport , the reality is most solo riders couldn't give a continental about sidecars , so you guys have to work together and make it happen .

Be professional about it all from being era correct to entering on time and put on good racing with reliable rigs  .

Good luck , if its done well then you will find support from solo rider will come im sure  :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 06:09:02 pm by TM bill »

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2013, 11:40:39 am »
also well put and well said Bill, sorry for all the shit EML, but we are there for ya mate, united we stand...... luv ya passion but lets all regroup look at the situation and make a judians peoples popular front and come back sofltly but carry a big stick, dont worry mate together we will move ahead its just a sticking point, lets pervail earn our stripes and lead on on the shirt tails of those that have gone before us and leave a blazed trail for those to come we will prevail with honour dignity and respect.
it will all be worth while, lets take a collective breath and we'll be back, try and stop us! there are alot of good people out there :o)

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2013, 02:24:09 pm »
Guys...guys ...guys it's not that the entries were late.....it was the fact that we had another week to get it together and they cut us short.
The program was to be produced, so they need to know who would be in...the entries actually closed a week later. So the printer was more important than the official supp regs.
I don't want to argue about this any more....never wanted to from the start, however now that a precedent has been set, we could rock up in numbers to any event and demand to race.....'cause from now on the regs mean fork all.
So though they had no sidecars at a national meet is nothing really....other than the fact that it is supposed to be a place to go and view how the sport looked back in the era, and back in the era there were sidecars.
Anyway...who cares anymore, or even before not to mention into the future.

TM BILL

« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2013, 03:04:45 pm »
Vaughn listen to yourself mate , i can speak from experience that always fighting the system ( regardless if you feel justified or not )  gets you nowhere, you can carry on about injustices until your arse heals up, but if when an event is announced you are first in the door with good entries and compliant bikes then you cannot be ignored .

I saw on another forum a suggestion from vinduro riders that in order to get a vinduro class at a modern enduro , the Vinduro riders should enter en mass as soon as entries are open taking up all the available entry spaces and therefore making the event a Vinduro by default :)

Obviously thats not gonna happen with  trolleys sidecars , but the positive thinking behind it could work for you blokes  ;)

You have a huge passion and international experience for what is  a very exciting and spectator favorite motor sport .
Why not try to rally others and see if you can get things off the ground .

Why not make an effort so that event organisers want you at events, a good field of trolleys sidecars is a crowd pleaser but in fighting and whining on forums does not do your cause any justice .
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 06:10:49 pm by TM bill »

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2013, 04:46:50 pm »
 ;) its all good, at the bloody worst its a great start, we have a good chance! thank you all, I can see the best Australian New Zealand Nats title championship Classic scramble Motocross Super cross comeing  8) we will all be there, no global down trend, lots of major sponors, international riders, perfect weather, huge crowds from all forms of life and huge media coverage ;D ok just all of us in one spot with a creek and a hill  ;)

Offline EML

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2013, 05:30:32 pm »
I too to be so optimistic young Shelpi :D :D :D ;D :) >:( :o ??? ::) :-[ :-\ :-X :'(

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2013, 08:32:38 pm »
A cut off date is exactly that for entries I'm saying, is that too hard to understand I don't no what part of it people don't get??????????

Imagine the shit fight that would happen if they did that to a solo class MMMMM..
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2013, 01:39:24 pm »
It does not help the discussion to try and turn it into a sidecar verses solo vendetta. If there were only three Pre70 entries the class WOULD have been canned.If that had happened they have the opportunity to run as Pre75, which of course sidecars can't.
The ladies only had three entries so that class was canned. Does that suggest to you there is a bias against female riders. The girls didn't get all paranoid and take it that way.
Reality was every bike class entry numbers exceeded championship minimums well before cut-off except sidecars.
The decision may (?) have been different had anyone from the sidecars communicated with us to suggest they were struggling but given a day or so grace they'd make it. The only communication was EML's on again off again postings on the forum, the last of which being that he was giving up.
There is alot more to do at end of entries than just print a programn, so the decision was not based on printing lead times.
The decision was made by a committee of five, plus management of MQ, with full knowledge of the Steward. The decision was unanimous. If it makes you feel better to blame me for your groups inability to get its act together in spite of two months notice, you are welcome.
I feel genuinely sorry for the two guys who went to great effort and expence to make it happen, but maybe you should look to your peers as why they didn't support you.
One of these sent a polite email asking when an entry refund could be expected, the other chose to bad mouth me personally behind my back to anyone who would listen. I guess it takes all kinds.
The fact of the sidecar entry situation is:-
At close of entry the 18th, three entries were received, with no indication there could be more.
On 24th another was received with insufficient payment.
On 25th another came with no payment, no passenger name, no signature,and sparce detail.
Lessons can be learnt from this, and earlier posts on this thread contain some good advice for the sidecar boys.
For me, it is that if I ever get involved in organising another similar event, there will be no provision or leeway for late entries.
We didn't allow them last year, or the2011 Dirt Track Nats, or the several Masters we've run, and those went well with no arguments.

Simo63

« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2013, 02:00:42 pm »
For me, it is that if I ever get involved in organising another similar event, there will be no provision or leeway for late entries.
We didn't allow them last year, or the2011 Dirt Track Nats, or the several Masters we've run, and those went well with no arguments.

Now THAT is an unexpected and, I have to say, great disappointment Col.  The fact that this "sidecar entry situation" leads an organiser to not have leeway for late entries into the future is a very disappointing outcome for the rest of the vintage racing community .... in my humble opinion of course.

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2013, 02:23:58 pm »
Simmo, read my last sentence. The last three Masters, 2011 Classic Dirt Track titles, 2012 Classic MX titles, all had "no late entries" and no problem for entrants or organisers.

Simo63

« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2013, 02:30:47 pm »
Simmo, read my last sentence. The last three Masters, 2011 Classic Dirt Track titles, 2012 Classic MX titles, all had "no late entries" and no problem for entrants or organisers.

I know Col, I read it above mate. I'm just saying that all this grief with the sidecar entries led you to say next time you won't allow late entries to avoid the grief which I think is a disappointing outcome that's all.  If you don't normally allow them then no change and no problem I guess.

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2013, 02:34:34 pm »
It's all good Simmo, hope your arm is ok

Simo63

« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2013, 02:37:51 pm »

Thanks Col but the pain was continuing so I had it X-rayed today. Turns out I have a fractured collar bone and seperated shoulder joint .. no wonder I was almost vomitting when I rode in the races in the afternoon :)

No riding for a month now so will miss the Miles forMal event which I was really looking forward to .. might see if I can get a leave pass from the boss if I'm feeling up to it :)

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2013, 07:01:51 pm »

Thanks Col but the pain was continuing so I had it X-rayed today. Turns out I have a fractured collar bone and seperated shoulder joint .. no wonder I was almost vomitting when I rode in the races in the afternoon :)

No riding for a month now so will miss the Miles forMal event which I was really looking forward to .. might see if I can get a leave pass from the boss if I'm feeling up to it :)

That's not all bad then Craig. It will leave you plenty of time to drive to Mudgee now ;D ;D :D
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B