Author Topic: viper meeting how do you get there  (Read 3699 times)

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
Re: viper meeting how do you get there
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2008, 08:43:31 pm »
looks like a green bike got the holeshot ;D
must be a gun rider ;D
follow me to first turn

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2008, 08:51:59 pm »
Yeah your right there holeshot , the highlight of that race for me was getting close enough the one of the whittle boys on the old honda , that thing was so sideways and he just kept it full on awesome to watch it was just hard to dodge the roost .
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2008, 09:18:14 am »
dont tell pork pies ive got more pics

Offline NR555

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2008, 10:20:47 am »
Nah, no seizure for the CZ.. my brother's little RM125 had absolutely no compression left and probably no clutch after carting his 95kg frame around in the sticky mud - so we packed it in for the day.  He can bring his own transport next time!

I hate mud, and mud+rain is even worse!  Track would have been great if it stopped raining on the Saturday afternoon, but even after some heavy showers early in the day it wasn't too bad with the bikes constantly circulating.  Looks like the sun eventually came out too!  Top effort by the Corner Inlet guys, everything seemed to be running like clockwork.  Felt sorry for those poor flaggies standing way down at the back of the track in the scrub!

I took out the first Evo 300+ race, but I was a bit disappointed it was only me & Steve Sweeney on the line for the Pre 78 race (where was everyone?!).  No Pre 78 at VIPER in '09?

That's it for me for a couple of months, I start a 'racing embargo' from now until little bub arrives sometime in late June/early July.  My plan in the meantime is to wheel the old man out of retirement and actually get him to ride his own bike!

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2008, 06:43:15 pm »
A bit of  commetary would be great Paul . Who owns the HL 600 with our hi-low s on it ?

Andrew Nisbett owns the HL500 Walter.

a great day and thanks to the flaggies for giving up their day in terrible weather in the morning so we could enjoy a great mudfest. the track dried up and turned into a real piss cutter, although the 500 was a handful in the slop early on i enjoyed a few slideways moments. at least the electrical demons have finally been excorcised.

60 Y/O Noel Heenan rode my bike after the 490 maico siezed early on, i asked noel if he wanted to ride it in the Open all powers (modern with 20 year old nutters) as he was taking a boot off, his answer "what race numer is that? lets have a look at your bike" followed by "ok then" Noel is a very quiet bloke who has done it all MX sidecars, Speedway solo, etc and many MX races, how good is that. the brakes on my bike are perfect (its a Honda) and i think Noel was just entering the corners a lot quicker than he thought as he said he could not pull it up!

it was great to see Holeshot Hilly get some hardware for the day, rossco rode nearly every race on the program, and paul was busy taking candid shots when we weren't looking. i had a top day but am feeling a bit sore today around the back, how did you blokes pull up?

Oh Paul, by the way, i have more dark hair than that other silver top taxi .  :D

« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 07:22:34 pm by Hoony »
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2008, 07:53:22 pm »
Congrats Hilly, whoops sorry..... Sir Mr Hilly, Looks like you guys had some fun, thanks for the photos Paul.
Glad to hear that Big Red is cooking the brakes Hoony.

;D  ;D
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2008, 01:35:48 pm »
Hey there is some great shots from the weekend on the Viper website ,check em out  .courtesy of Bumpa it was to mudddy for the KX.
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436