Author Topic: The Wild Child again.  (Read 1762 times)

mx250

The Wild Child again.
« on: May 16, 2008, 08:00:03 am »

Rosco400

Re: The Wild Child again.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 10:11:04 am »
Sad for a very talented rider, the only word to describe it would be drugs :(

firko

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 11:20:55 am »
What a forking loser. Any one of us would love to have a fraction of his talents but he just tooted his up his nose . Many good people have tried to help him over the years but he burned every one of them. I've run out of sympathy for him. He's a goose.

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 11:38:38 am »
Bloody Dickhead

mx250

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 12:32:55 pm »
Tell like it is Firko  ;). But you're right. But it's sad to see regardless. He like all drugo's and alcoholics, he's got to touch bottom, realise he has touched bottom and he has got to want to come back from there.

Scatching hangbags and grabbing $20 from  pensioners is pretty low and lame.

Not as a motorcyclist but as a fellow human and bloke making my way through life I hope he realises that and can find his way back.

firko

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 01:37:06 pm »
Graeme, I too hope he can find it within himself to climb out of his shit hole but time is running out. I know some terrifying tales of his outrageous behaviour that come first hand from a former team mate and they aren't pretty. Many people who were concerned about Anthonys behaviour have gone to extraordinary lengths to help him but each and every time he let them down with yet another dumb action. Byron Hines from the Vance and Hines team stuck by him, gave him a top team to race with, personally paid for his rehab and basically paid him for nothing in return for over a year because he had faith in the kid. Byron was repaid by Anthony turning up at Atlanta (I think) stoned off his face expecting ride a and kicking up a right shitfight blaming the Vance and Hines team for everything when he failed the drug test and was barred from racing. That's only one of a book full of bad ju ju from Anthony. For him to be cured he has to admit that he's in the wrong and truly want to clean himself up. Going by his behaviour in court he still couldn't give a shit. Sadly, life's too short to spend so much time trying to change people who don't want to change.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 01:39:14 pm by firko »

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 06:16:30 pm »
Ah 'the Go-Show' as I believe he's known...
I read the thread before I opened the link - but I just knew which name would appear...

His name came up on the last night of CD5 when it was mentioned the Superbikes would be on the telly.
I asked if anyone knew what he was up to and I think the response was "just a druggie and a dickhead".
He was certainly a talent, but sadly he's well off the rails - even more so than Mike Tyson and a couple of high profile Aussie Footballers in the AFL and League ranks.

It must really hurt those who try to help with rehabilitation when they get another slap in the face from a bloke like this.
Firkos "Sadly, life's too short to spend so much time trying to change people who don't want to change" sums it up.
At what point do you stop helping; and then what happens when no-one cares?
Shit, what a waste.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

YSS

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 06:57:47 pm »
Another thing that comes to my mind , is the sponsors . What happens when the next talent knocks on someones door for help ? I have been through a couple similar cases like that my self . You just have to get cynical  when people ask for sponsor ship . I cant help it .

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 07:24:38 pm »
Can crtainly see Walter's point there.Without a doubt he is a loser and some bird would do him some good.No symathy for him.As firko said he has been doing this from basicaly day 1.The fellow I have sympathy for his the fellow that needed but 1 of the lifelines thrown to Gobert, so they could kick on to the next level.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 12:01:16 am »
It is a terrible waste as i remember him reversing into the corners around the island . awesome when on song
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436