Author Topic: Where to get Ohlins shocks worked on?  (Read 4892 times)

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
Re: Where to get Ohlins shocks worked on?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2013, 10:22:56 pm »
Your local Yamaha dealer? Don't Yamaha still have a large interest in * Ohlins?

* like own them..
Yamaha dealers don't have any Ohlins servicing equipment or parts in stock, they run as 2 totally separate companies.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2013, 10:59:30 pm »
I have a funny feeling Yamaha sold Ohlins back to the original guy a few years ago.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 11:22:01 pm »
To answer my own question/answer ;)

Öhlins
Industry    Automotive industry
Founded    1976
Founder(s)    Kenth Öhlin
Headquarters    Upplands Väsby, Sweden
Products    Suspension components
Website    www.ohlins.com

Öhlins or Öhlins Racing AB, is a manufacturer of high-performance suspension systems for automotive, motorcycle, snowmobile, and ATV use. It is based in Upplands Väsby just north of Stockholm, Sweden. The company also produces other types of motorcycle components, including steering dampers and a two-wheel drive system.
Öhlins Rear Monoshock

The company was founded by Kenth Öhlin in 1976. In 1987, Yamaha Motor Company became the majority-owner of Öhlins Racing AB, with Öhlins continuing to operate as an independent company within the business group. In December 2007, Öhlins reclaimed a 95% share of the company back from Yamaha.

There are six design departments at Öhlins, with a total of more than 50 engineers, each specializing in a particular field. Öhlins research center in Jönköping, Sweden (with over 20 employees in 2013) is responsible for the development of the Öhlins Continuously Controlled Electronic Suspension (CES) system.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.