Author Topic: anyone nead any casting made for old bikes  (Read 120804 times)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: anyone nead any casting made for old bikes
« Reply #210 on: February 11, 2014, 01:54:36 pm »
Did you put them on Marks Swapmeet Russell?
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline kdx 175

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 11, 2014, 01:57:50 pm »
i sold one on marks swap meat havent herd back from him yet

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 11, 2014, 01:59:43 pm »
well i cant sell my clutch covers on ebay or anywere[have sold 4] so im all most broke and about to say fu#k it i have a thort put HRC on them it stands for Honest Russells Castings whats your thorts on that any one ??

Hi Russell,

can you post a link to your adds here ?

Lets see what the adds look like  :)

Buying kdx air cooled drum brake unitrak bikes and parts

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 11, 2014, 02:22:01 pm »
well i cant sell my clutch covers on ebay or anywere[have sold 4]

So only 4 in total  out of both 250 & 125 including the one I brought off you?,there seemed to be a lot on here saying they would take one :-\, Money talks,bullshit walks ;)

TM BILL

« Reply #215 on: February 11, 2014, 03:03:36 pm »
Go back over who said they wanted one and pursue that avenue first , there was as I remember a lot of interest . Didn't Crabman in south Africa want a couple ?

Also how spread was the interest across the models ? go back through the thread and see .

Could be that people have forgot but are still keen . Obviously its probably the most important thing on your mind ATM as you have a lot invested but to others who want one its real but they may not be prioritising it .

Check their profiles for email addresses as not everyone comes on here all the time so an email saying ready for delivery might help

I want one for an 84 250 , but I cant commit until I can pay you ( so that's not much help I know ) .

Great product but  a combination of lack of promotion ( not your fault ) and more so a shit economy .

Good luck you are filling a need ( apparent need ) that has been talked about for years on here  :-\

Chase those who said yes first .

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 11, 2014, 03:10:50 pm »
Yep words of wisdom Bill,It's up to the seller to be pro-active and chase up potential leads to make a sale happen ;)

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 11, 2014, 05:43:34 pm »
Hi Russell

An alternative add for the internet, perhaps.....

Despite the inherent quality engineered into all Honda products, time and/or a lack of preventive maintenance can take its toll on any bike resulting in some vital components becoming unserviceable and rendering the motorcycle unrideable. Not a desirable situation for any rider.

Australian Russell kdx experienced this very issue himself, and with the skill and determination of a tradesman with over 100 years of quality casting experience, set about creating a low volume high quality solution. Manufactured from corrosion resistant  Aluminium cc601 and CNC machined to the same exacting standards as Honda, these covers are the affordable solution.
Rigorously tested, this is a 100% guaranteed to fit item just as an O/E cover would. Every cover is personally inspected by Russell to ensure EVERY cover is made to his exacting standards, EVERY time, guaranteed !

INSERT 3 TESTIMONIALS HERE Russell, not necessarily from these cover buyers

Get your Honda back on the track where it belongs with Russell kdx's replacement water pump thingy, engineered to go the distance !

kdx Geoff

Buying kdx air cooled drum brake unitrak bikes and parts

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 11, 2014, 05:51:21 pm »
Also in your add list all the other models you have covers available for.

One thing going against you is the lack of e-bay sales in the past which restricts your reputation.
People will be wary of being burnt by another scammer so you will have to convince them you are legit.

Accepting Paypal yourself will help because it will give customers a sense of comeback (just watch you don't get scammed yourself)

Sending COD (only available within Australia)

Sending everything with tracking to take away any possible problems with things being lost in transit.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 11, 2014, 06:20:19 pm »
and with the skill and determination of a tradesman with over 100 years of quality casting experience,
[/quote

Geez Russell must be an old bastard ;D,     ,But seriously making an add the same or similar is a better way to sell your wares,if you aint a add exec Geoff you should be ;)

Offline kdx 175

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 11, 2014, 06:34:09 pm »
nice work jeff you no your words thanks could have cut out the ash tray coffey cup but thanks

Offline Paul552

• Legend
  • HEAVEN #552
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 11, 2014, 07:40:59 pm »
I just noticed I really need to straighten up that peg. :)
'77 YZ125D '84 CR250RE '89 CR250RK '84 CR80RE  '09 YZ250F

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 11, 2014, 08:06:56 pm »
there is a facebook Page dedicated to 1986 CR Honda's https://www.facebook.com/groups/160638920757187/289274457893632/?notif_t=group_activity i just gave you a good testimonial Russell, scroll down a bit to see this

Carl Spanner Man
Any cr500's for sale ? Also looking for 1984 cr250 parts thanks

Carl look at this link on ebay http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261375748699... and read about the product and see some pics on the OZVMX Forum Here http://forum.ozvmx.com/index.php...
    honda 1984 CR 250 Clutch cover water pump housing
    www.ebay.com.au
    honda 1984 CR 250 Clutch cover water pump housing in Vehicle Parts & Accessories, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Classic, Vintage Parts | eBay
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Matador107

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 11, 2014, 08:56:20 pm »
Hoony, what a nice thing to do for him and help promote his product and skills, all good and surely the market is out there for them.

Martin
Bultaco Metralla, Matador MK 5, Montadero mk2, El Bandido model 18,plus lots of bits and two Honda XR's 250,350.

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 11, 2014, 09:46:39 pm »
I still want one for a 85 CR500