Author Topic: Connondale Classic  (Read 15680 times)

STW996

Re: Connondale Classic
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2008, 05:23:53 pm »
Yes mate all types of racing it is run by the Sunshine coast club and has enduro loops that feed from the MX track into some pretty full on mountains around, holds arounds of the Australian MX championships and state level racing for modern and vintage racing. One stop shop you might call it!! ;D

Doc

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2008, 05:39:46 pm »
BultacoMacca, it's a nice really place and pre'75 friendly. I'll be going pre'75 as well and while I've only actually ridden there once which incidently was that fabled day in history when Magoo did his silver dream racer impersonation right across the finish line..wow! Awesome stuff!!..the race was nowhere near finished but it appears Magoo couldn't wait to show his amazing talents! :o I think Oldfart may have witnessed this display and tried to pull off something similar at the Coffs Nats..Oldfart had the right lap to do it on but he couldn't wait any longer and went off prematurely the last jump just before the finish! In both instances everyone was watching :P I seem to always crash quietly away from veiw and no-one ever witnesses a thing ;D

'if' the weather is anything like today better bring some woolies of a good sized bottle of Johnny..the track  is located in a valley or mountainous terrain which has the sun go down early and rise a bit late. Yes it can and probably will be cold at night  ;)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 05:47:44 pm by Doc »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2008, 10:27:23 am »
Someone said we had to wait till after the classic to get Nationals info,but some over here in the west just can't wait...would love more photos

cheers 09 roadcrew.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 10:31:33 am by vmx247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline tony c

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2008, 06:51:03 pm »
Is it only me or is there other riders wondering why things have to change ,the first conodale vmx meeting was a success 3 rounds plenty of races for all, then some one desided to make it 2 rounds and practise on sunday when its time to hit the road.I don't under stand, is it a majority that wants this or a minority that was there to organise it ,I do understand that you first have to have some one with an idea and helpers to carry it out ,but I dont understand how many riders want to practise after they have been racing for two days.and no 4 stroke class. 06 condale was unreal

worms

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2008, 07:09:59 pm »
tony

i have to reply to your funny conclusion, at no time have you consider that the races were changed from 3 lap to 5 lap races which gave everybody more race time, our club is based on having some fun and to avoid injuries the practice aspect is where everyone gets an hour of free ride time works, as for last year i stuck my hand in the air to take over when NO ONE else would (guess you werent about) or at that meeting, but hey come on board and give it a go and you face the so called experts who have an oppinion about what should happen or not without getting off their ass and making a committment to the club or even turning up at meetings, or for that matter walking up to a committee memmber on a race day and say hey can we do this or this . i guess you dont have any idea of the work load we VOLEENTEERS provide.  so what a gutless way to make a point. think i am upset by your attidute, bloody oath.

Trev
QVMX President

Maico31

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2008, 07:14:26 pm »
Trev, I would rather see more racing, at least 3 rounds. It's spread over 2 days, 1 round each day is not a lot of racing.

TM BILL

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2008, 07:27:39 pm »
Trev congrats on taking up running the event  :) i too have organised many events over the years and no matter how hard you try you wont please every forker  ::)
Its a fair hike from Unzud but me and the boys cant wait  ;D 2 races per class of longer duration suits  me fine  :)
I dont think anybody was being negative about the event just expressing views ,
Hey if you wanna ride more bring more bikes it aint hard  ::)

Mate the event will be a Ripper and well done for putting your hand up  :) see you there Bill  :)

worms

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2008, 07:36:01 pm »
i am happy to take anything on board, i just dont like people bagging an event that takes 4 months of work to put in place by a large number of people. i forgot to add tony i was in a spinal brace last year, but still gave my time to the club to help with the event and yes we tried something different. heavens above how dare we . i will calm down soon i guess. But hey i am attending a final meeting for the event tomorrow for the Classic and to start things moving for the Nationals 2009. and for you maico i will disscus your thoughts, but what ever happens it will be decided tommorrow night whether tony comes or not.

Cheers Trev

worms

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2008, 07:37:54 pm »
Thanks Bill

looking forward to a few beers with you fellows, hows that NZ team going?

Trev

Maico31

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2008, 07:44:32 pm »
Trev i appreciate the amount of work guys like you put into running an event, without you it wouldn't happen. Like Bill said just expressing an opinion on what we prefer, can't please everyone i know and with the amount of riders and classes i guess time is always a factor.

Offline jackiemac

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2008, 08:19:58 pm »
VMX247 I have posted some pictures of Conondale that I took last year, just got the new camera, some of the photos should give you some indication as to what the track is like. I can only compare it with Narrogin we were there a couple of years ago for the Nats. The track is a lot more open, its good grazing country up here, so the track is a loamy clay soil with sections of grass areas, as you have already been told it has a table top, its a good track, if you like Narrogin you'll love Conondale...

http://picasaweb.google.com/jackiemac08

Keep Smiling :)
jackiemac
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 08:34:52 pm by jackiemac »
Be kind to your neighbour!!

TM BILL

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2008, 08:34:33 pm »
Pokey you going to Connondale  :)

Offline tony c

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2008, 08:59:11 pm »
sorry trev If I have rattled the cage to harshly,firstly I if you put yourself in the hot seat you should be able to cope with some so called oppions,I appreciate all the effort that you and all the commity put in ,what is the club without it .If you are able to help build a successfull club during your current commitments thats great , but remember there was many before you and many more to come, I have helped clubs in the past and will do so in the future like alot of our club members have or may in the future .So trev this is not having ago at anyone but it is my oppion that the current program is not quite right ,the first year was great (IN MY OPPION)so am I not allowed to have a say , do I have to go to the meetings to do so.You are doing a great job it shows, the events are getting more and more popular and remember it is only an oppion.Dont take affence.
 cheer's see you at connodale.
ps how many entries  do you need to run pre 70
sorry to here about the back brace reality its home we compete in a dangerous sport fingers crossed(hows my spelling)

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2008, 10:32:43 pm »
Love to get my arse to connondale this year Bill but will not be riding yet , Yeah I know im a slack arse.
Try juggling a job and an insatiable woman and all that beer they keep making.. Okay i fibbed. Its me that insatiable. ;D

If all goes to plan i will have the girl moved down and my bikes moved up within 6 weeks and shall catch up with you guys at connondale .

worms

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2008, 06:48:29 am »
in answer to your ? Tony, pre 70 is allways included and was never left out but as in 2006 with only 4 nominated riders for that class and a grid that takes forty bikes with a field of 180 competitors, its a bit unfair to watch 4 bikes doing 5 laps, isnt it better to grid you guys up to pre 75 and make a grid of 20 riders in 263 to 1300cc class, and as allways through out this year a four stroke class has run depending on numbers and as allways you can class yourself on the day and if the numbers are there, why not as i allways say. so every year is based around what fits for the majority, the only problem i have is its taken this long for your opinion to come out and it only takes a ph call to someone to get your thoughts on the table

Cheers Trev