Author Topic: Connondale Classic  (Read 15677 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Connondale Classic
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2008, 01:05:51 pm »
Thanks  jackiemac,have saved the photos  in my favorites.
I was at the WA Nationlas,did my volunteer bit as Chief Flag Mashall/screaming like a banchie to get flaggies out on the track as some riders hadn't supplied a flaggie for the roster.
Bush fires etc are good for this job on a big event.

As worms and people before him have said, its hard yakkie running such a big event.
Running grades together is a good idea it makes up a larger field.People(flaggies/spectators) don't get bored with it also.It can make a real long drawn out day watching 4 bikes rolling around the track.

Having such a big field of class's is even harder work ie evo/pre78/pre79 etc etc,unpaid workers are fanbloodytastic for running such events like this.Its up to the organizers/clubs/officals/sup regs to cut class's or laps.Can't wait to see how its done other than moderns at home in WA. :)

VMX247 I have posted some pictures of Conondale that I took last year, just got the new camera, some of the photos should give you some indication as to what the track is like. I can only compare it with Narrogin we were there a couple of years ago for the Nats. The track is a lot more open, its good grazing country up here, so the track is a loamy clay soil with sections of grass areas, as you have already been told it has a table top, its a good track, if you like Narrogin you'll love Conondale...

http://picasaweb.google.com/jackiemac08

Keep Smiling :)
jackiemac
Best is in the West !!

Offline tony c

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2008, 09:29:50 pm »
Trev why do you get offside , all I asked for is how many pre 70 entries required to make a class ?.as time gets on the older classes are harder to keep going so I ask you again how many pre 70 's are required so I can see who is taking there pre 70.The reason why is because there is only 2 races per bike for two days of racing,so if you have pre 75 & pre 70 you can have 4 races (if there are more than enough so you wont have to watch 4 old bikes going around). I guess at the end of the day if we  dont try to keep the older classes going they will fade ,the pray mantis machines will naturaly continue to grow , not that it is a problem but we(classic machines) enjoy going to qvmx for the natural terrain.

The 4 stroke class, does that mean that it requires the same criteria, is that what you are saying.

Tony

Offline tony c

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2008, 09:42:17 pm »
sorry trev I forgot to answer why now to ask the question about only two races over two days ,you no when you get up and think I SHOULD DO SOMTHING ABOUT IT  well I got up the other day and thought to my self if you dont asked the question you dont find out and you now what it looks like I should not have bother it reminds me of being back at school, so when should I ask the question , If its only me than nothing will change or if there are others who want more racing than maybe next time the club can look at it.So trev I have got in early for next time.

worms

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2008, 10:05:52 pm »
all good things come to those who ask, the classic will try and fit three rounds in this year, maybe 4 lap races instead of 5 with maybe a changed track for all pre 75 down bikes, that will be decided at track setup. we will still do practice sessions, what time frame i am unsure till we see nominations. grid numbers for Conondale need to be 12 but this also depends on the number of grids we need to run. and yes the four stroke has been well supported this year and gets treated the same as all other classes if their is enough for a stand alone race, why not but it still comes back to numbers. Tony these decision are that of the committee put forward by me, on your behalf, to help build a better event, the only problem i had, was that you went out of your way to bag last years event without knowing the full details. anyway hope this makes it a better event for all.

Cheers Trev

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2008, 10:36:37 pm »
If by chance there is a 4 stroke class this year I'll be starter for it.

Brent
The older I get, the faster I was

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2008, 10:46:46 pm »
went up on sunday with worms and sussed out the track ;D
its gunna be a good one (there all good) 8)
100 foot table tops canyon jump over crocodile pit
and freestyle foam pit for magoo  ::)
no only joking we are making it pre 75 friendly
but still good for evo and pre 85 :P
wait till you see it 8)
maicos and hondas are banned from this event ;D
follow me to first turn

Maico31

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2008, 11:18:24 pm »
Buddy you're obviously scared you'll be beaten by both..

« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2008, 05:54:37 am »
What, you've got worms? You need to dose yourself up!

Offline tony c

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2008, 05:47:04 pm »
whats the dosage brad

« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2008, 05:53:32 pm »
Why you got them too? 2 burbons...might not help but hey , couldn't hurt!

Offline tony c

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2008, 05:57:48 pm »
trev I am sure the old bikes will be happy with 4 laps, even 3 laps with 3 races were alright in 06, and the problem with jumps seems to be that they need to have backs on them so they can roll them if to big, I badley bent both sets of forks last year so it will be a problem for the titles .At tassie the jumps weren't to big but no backs on them, that was a complaint by some just cruising around.

Offline tony c

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2008, 05:58:57 pm »
or bundy

« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2008, 06:02:22 pm »
If you're a fighting man. There is at least one fight in every bottle!

worms

« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2008, 06:09:55 pm »

allways up for a bundy and dry, and yes if its beach worms your after i can help.

Cheers Trev( ps i dont know what sort of worms russ has got and dont really want to know)

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2008, 10:16:04 pm »
got the worms fixed (sick of dragging my arse along ground)
took an all wormer bikky :'(
now just gotta get rid of the fleas ;D ;D
follow me to first turn