Author Topic: old pic from early mx series in nz  (Read 4304 times)

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
old pic from early mx series in nz
« on: May 01, 2013, 06:01:30 pm »
gosh i miss those days, fond memories of all those riders especially Jimmy as he stayed down the farm & named it the "ponderosa" went well on his [by memory] 380 greeves griffon. Was looking for something else in the scrapbooks when i saw this [sorry about the quality]. Forgot i was making toasted sammies till the smoke came--bugger.

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: old pic from early mx series in nz
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 06:39:32 pm »
Must have been hard up for pics that year to use this one of me to advertise grass track. Mind you the old Metisse was bloody good on what we call "Miniature TT's over here" Revved like a 125 & pulled 'mad' wheelies. actually [funny--now] if this pic was taken from Xmas Hills i was 'black flagged' for dangerous riding' [NO I WASN'T Sir]--always ride like that, albeit out of control haha.

Offline nigmax

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 06:53:39 pm »
Don't know about hard up but that's a cool pic 8)

Cheers
Nick
WAIT TILL HE SEE'S THE BATS!!

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 06:58:23 pm »
probably just as the black flag came out ha

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 07:13:05 pm »
[only putting this up for the statement] It's Official--SIZE DOESN'T MATTER--thank heaven for that, made my day--or night.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 07:56:13 pm »
Cool pics. I remember hearing your name a lot Morley from Swordy when he first came over here to race.. Do you still ride now?

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 08:09:27 pm »
Have a few pages like this from Mt Kembla i think stuck in a scrapbook, will try & scan them but don't think they'll come up very legible wordwise.

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 08:20:56 pm »
Swordy, yes he was a hell of a good south island rider. Always admired him & if my memory serves me right Graham had a nerve problem? with one hand which [must have] made it difficult to hang on--always thought highly of him for hangin in there & not giving up. [Sorry Swordy if i got the hand thing wrong]. Obviously did the right thing,  'saw the gap' & went for it to aus. Cheers.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 08:31:26 pm »
Swordy, yes he was a hell of a good south island rider. Always admired him & if my memory serves me right Graham had a nerve problem? with one hand which [must have] made it difficult to hang on--always thought highly of him for hangin in there & not giving up. [Sorry Swordy if i got the hand thing wrong]. Obviously did the right thing,  'saw the gap' & went for it to aus. Cheers.
Yes he has kind of a seized wrist and has to move his whole arm to twist the throttle..

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 09:07:48 pm »
to JohnnyO, more dreaming than riding. Have a YZ490K [in pic] but that pic was the last time out--must be close to two years ago bugger it. Think i'm loosing it, went & assembled some new grass karts for the people on the land behind us last week & while one kid was pulling full lockers around a marked out oval i came out with the second one [i'll show these youngsters how to slide] had a 'good' power slide on but a bit too sideways so straighten it out a bit then full lock for last bit of corner, ran out of corner & got hooked in the electric fence tape [Turned off luckily], ripped the standards & reel out of the ground etc to the applause of 30 kids sitting on the fence. [people run a school holiday country adventure thing] i showed em--not. Cheers.

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 09:12:22 pm »
Mike Groom

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 09:35:58 pm »

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2013, 09:53:20 pm »
Morley.....hidden away somewhere on this forum is a great newspaper or magazine clipping of you in battle with someone else......maybe Tim Gibbes. I thought you might have been riding a Metisse but I've forgotten the details. I found this in the meantime.........Love those sideburns ;D.

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline KB171

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2013, 11:37:55 pm »
This'll be the bit yer talkin about Firko,   Morley good to see your still into it,
Cheers KB
http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?PHPSESSID=80ed0c4824d44a62bb02f9c68f53dee8&topic=606.0

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2013, 11:15:51 am »
 I have a good pic of Morley 'in the air' at Mt Kembla But it's on a slide and I spent about half a day Tuesday trying to copy picsonto 'my pics ' .ONE DAY!.
pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!