Author Topic: Ray Ryans Motocross Racers......50 minutes to go  (Read 8081 times)

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Ray Ryans Motocross Racers......50 minutes to go
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2013, 09:16:24 am »
I heard sniffs of that KTM / Penton debacle Firko but have never heard the full story. can you summarize or should I try to get the story??

cheers

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2013, 09:49:35 am »
I'm fond of the autobiography/people books  8)

Only 2 left from a self published run of 50...

http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/23/online-shop/259-Dave-s-Not-Here-Man/
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2013, 10:09:41 am »
Only 2 left from a self published run of 50... 
Although I've already got a copy of Geoff's extremely funny first book, I've just bought another for a mate going into hospital to undergo heart surgery. It'll either fix him or kill him ;D It's a damn site better read than Super Hunky's "Last Ride" which sits next to Geoffs on the bookshelf.

I heard sniffs of that KTM / Penton debacle Firko but have never heard the full story. can you summarize or should I try to get the story??
It's a bit long to summarise without missing details but in a nutshell it was a classic case of a little bloke developing the brand and the parent company then moving in, screwing the little guy and and claiming all the credit for the products success. There would be no KTM without John Penton.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 10:16:26 am by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2013, 11:21:20 am »
Just reading on your big guy screwing the little guy, in Brisbane there was 1 KTM (the only one in South East Qld) dealer who stuck buy them through thick and thin.....and there was plenty of thin during the years, anyway the year 2000 comes around and the new 400/520's where about to hit the streets so a certain "big" dealer puts the pressure on to become a KTM shop (they where already a Husaberg dealer but where dumping the brand)....anyway long story short....KTM dumped the original dealer and went with the big dealer.....no loyalty whatsoever.....funny thing was the "big" dealer gave them heeps of greif a few years later.....even closed one of there KTM shops down!!!.....Another David V Goliath was the original Husaberg importer to Australia.....when KTM Australia was formed in about 96? they just took the Husaberg importers business off him basically......I'm sure some Victorians would know more about it than me.....shits me to tears.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.