Author Topic: Hmmmmmmmmm  (Read 1950 times)

TM BILL

Hmmmmmmmmm
« on: April 22, 2013, 09:16:37 AM »

albrid-3

Re: Hmmmmmmmmm
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 09:24:19 AM »
Everybody likes to build their own special, in this case you could call it ART.  ???

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 09:34:06 AM »
Looks like he had too many bong hits or allot of left overs from various projects many different model parts

Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 09:44:36 AM »
Evo bike with modern ergos?

Reading his list of bits, it seems that most of it was based around stuff he had, or could get cheaply.
If you were out to build the ultimate "twin shock" or Evo bike, you wouldn't be using a DR motor, for example...

I am kinda impressed with the colour scheme - I love the look of the '83 Huskies, and I reckon this works better than most retro schemes on modern bikes.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 10:47:18 AM »
I give Lee the builder 10/10 on the "using shit laying around the shed" method of construction. Except for the late bodywork which I personally don't like* this bike is a classic home made special that looks the way these things always should....factory..ish. There are people who just flucking hate bikes like this, they don't get it at all which I reckon is a good enough reason for its creation in the first place ;D.

* While I don't like the angular modern bodywork, it doesn't send me into fits of indignation either...it's a personal taste thing.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 11:10:45 AM »
The bike looks fantastic and probably sounds fantastic too, lets not worry about the why? why would you? how could you? garbage. Taking it at face value its a home build that looks pretty cool and "factory" considering what it was built from. Even if all it does is look and sound cool surely thats enough?? There is a certain US twin manufacturer who has been spitting out bikes for 100+ years that looking and sounding great are the only two attributes their bike has got above others and are inferior to their competitors in every other way, and folks have been raving about those flucking ride on compressors for years!!!  :D :D
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline SLAWESY

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 11:46:30 AM »
????? THE CHAIN ??????.
No expert but does not look like that will last  running on the sprockets for long..  :D
YZ125E, RM250T

Is it way too small? A bit of work with the heat gun or hot water could soften it enough to fit if it's close. Maybe some rubber friendly grease as well.
Mainline "classic"

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 01:56:11 PM »
There is a certain US twin manufacturer who has been spitting out bikes for 100+ years that looking and sounding great are the only two attributes their bike has got above others and are inferior to their competitors in every other way, and folks have been raving about those flucking ride on compressors for years!!!  :D :D

I'm shattered, for the past 35 years and half a million trouble free Klm's  I never realised that they were so inferior.  What a dilema, I'll have to find another bike that will go 10,000k's between oil changes.  Runs seperate clutch, gearbox, engine oil, that I can use cheap deisel oil in.  That never needs a valve adjustment.  That has a trouble free fuel injection system.  That will do 16,000 k's on a cheap rear tyre. 100,000k's on wheel bearings.  That I can ride all day on the stock seat and will happily idle along on the speed limit. That is infinetly rebuildable in a home workshop without a masters degree in engineering....Wait a minute.. I'm raving about a flucking ride on compressor.  :D :D

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 03:24:09 PM »
There is a certain US twin manufacturer who has been spitting out bikes for 100+ years that looking and sounding great are the only two attributes their bike has got above others and are inferior to their competitors in every other way, and folks have been raving about those flucking ride on compressors for years!!!  :D :D

I'm shattered, for the past 35 years and half a million trouble free Klm's  I never realised that they were so inferior.  What a dilema, I'll have to find another bike that will go 10,000k's between oil changes.  Runs seperate clutch, gearbox, engine oil, that I can use cheap deisel oil in.  That never needs a valve adjustment.  That has a trouble free fuel injection system.  That will do 16,000 k's on a cheap rear tyre. 100,000k's on wheel bearings.  That I can ride all day on the stock seat and will happily idle along on the speed limit. That is infinetly rebuildable in a home workshop without a masters degree in engineering....Wait a minute.. I'm raving about a flucking ride on compressor.  :D :D

Youve describe my 1999 Yamaha Diversion nearly, it has 79000kms on it valves havent moved in that time uses a small back tyre that is cheap still doesnt use a drop of oil and I can mix in with normal humans when I get off it as I dont have pretend I'm a bad as outlaw to ride it(even though most of them are bad ass lawyers and dentist now days) :D
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."

mainline

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 05:54:48 PM »
Looks like he had too many bong hits or allot of left overs from various projects many different model parts

I don't mind it, nowhere near as nice as the 'modern' pe400 that was on here recently, but I've seen basically stock vintage bikes made to look a hell of a lot worse with shit wheels and graphics.