Author Topic: RD350 Dirt Tracker  (Read 83658 times)

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: RD350 Dirt Tracker
« Reply #195 on: April 17, 2014, 05:50:19 pm »
Nice build, pipes aren't to fat which is a trap with Yamaha parralel twins, RD cranks are bulletproof so don't be afraid to rev it.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline Paul552

• Legend
  • HEAVEN #552
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 17, 2014, 06:48:28 pm »
Wow that is one nice looking bike!
'77 YZ125D '84 CR250RE '89 CR250RK '84 CR80RE  '09 YZ250F

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 17, 2014, 06:56:55 pm »
Bloody beauty !!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Cheers
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 17, 2014, 07:50:23 pm »
its simply a work of art
brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 17, 2014, 08:06:46 pm »
THAT!!........ is bloody fantastic. You should be proud. I love it!
regards  Mark

Thanks Mark, can't wait to give it a spin.

Flucking genius my friend. We finally found a bike that the Knight tank suited. I had it on two bikes and I think Jonesy tried it on three. It's absolutely spot on on the RD. I hope I can get to Gloucester and maybe bring the little 360 short tracker and possibly the Cheney. Of course it's all down to what happens with mum.

Hope you can make it to Gloucester too Mark.
It's funny, but the tank looks sort of big in photos, but not in the flesh. I put the big stripes on to try and detract from that, not sure it worked though. All the best to Mum.

Gloucester entry forms here guys don't forget the free entry for Pre65 and/or Pre70 only entries.

http://www.heavenvmx.com.au/2014-vmx-rnd-3-gloucester/

The RD looks fantastic by the way. Wonderful vision and execution can not wait to see it in the flesh. It just looks as if it rolled out of a factory race shop 8) 8)

Thanks Heaven, got my entry filled out, just waiting for the CFO to do the fund transfer.

Nice build, pipes aren't to fat which is a trap with Yamaha parralel twins, RD cranks are bulletproof so don't be afraid to rev it.

Yeah Lozza, I wanted the old school look with pipes and fortunately, using Bell's formulae, the belly ended up at 90mm as a result of the small exhaust port exit diameter on the RD. I was sort of glad it worked out that way as fitting the pipes both out the right hand side was a bit of a squeeze, even at 90mm. I'm looking forward to giving it a good rev, but it feels just a tad lean at the moment so I'll get that sorted first. It certainly sounds like it wants to go 8)

Thanks Paul, Tim and Brett.

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 18, 2014, 06:35:13 am »
That is really nice, Pete ! a classic piece of Aussie ingenuity, bloody looks terrific, I'd love to hear it on full song.
Foss

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 18, 2014, 07:54:06 am »
Thanks Al. I reckon on full song it will be sort of reminiscent of KP's twins - very distinct sound,

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 18, 2014, 09:39:14 am »
Very nice job Pete. You've obviously got some serious skills and imagination. BEWDIFUL.......
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 18, 2014, 09:59:27 am »
That's cool.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 18, 2014, 12:11:20 pm »
 Excellence!
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 19, 2014, 02:22:03 pm »
Hey thanks Mark, Davey and Pancho. You'll need to have a skid on it Wal ;D Got you lined up too Steve (Sliderulz) ;D You'll get all inspired to get that T20 going then..

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #206 on: April 19, 2014, 03:14:02 pm »
I could count the Yamahas that turn my head on one hand...... That's one of them.

It screams  "I dare you!". Bloody nice bike. Well done on the build.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 19, 2014, 04:38:47 pm »
 There was a video on here a while back. I think it was from Catalina Island, featuring a YDS2 stripped down to essentials in some sort of off road event. It really grabbed my attention 'cos I had one as a ride to work model. It looked like fun.
cheers pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline SlideRulz

• A-Grade
  • Not anti social just anti idiot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 19, 2014, 08:16:48 pm »
I think you've excelled yourself on this one Pete and I'll happily accept your offer of a test ride one day.
As for my T20 project, it's a goner because if I do eventually decide to make comeback #3 I'm gunna concentrate on Pre65 and Slider classes but my number one priority this year is to get both my personal life and residential location in order first, both have been total shite for way too long.
Again, job well done, Steve.

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 19, 2014, 08:51:44 pm »
I could count the Yamahas that turn my head on one hand...... That's one of them.

It screams  "I dare you!". Bloody nice bike. Well done on the build.

Thanks Pokey. "I dare you" is OK, "I want to hurt you" is not ;D

There was a video on here a while back. I think it was from Catalina Island, featuring a YDS2 stripped down to essentials in some sort of off road event. It really grabbed my attention 'cos I had one as a ride to work model. It looked like fun.
cheers pancho.

This one Wal? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmCMcLTpvx4

I think you've excelled yourself on this one Pete and I'll happily accept your offer of a test ride one day.
As for my T20 project, it's a goner because if I do eventually decide to make comeback #3 I'm gunna concentrate on Pre65 and Slider classes but my number one priority this year is to get both my personal life and residential location in order first, both have been total shite for way too long.
Again, job well done, Steve.

It's all about priorities Steve, good luck with it.